Kid reviews for Shrek 2

Just as much fairy tale fun as the first one.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 April 5, 2015

Strongest in quadrilogy delivers positive messages on prejudice.

This is a roller coaster ride for kids and, well, everyone else. The good visuals for the time and perfect characters enthral the audience, and kids will love all the different characters. Older people will also enjoy the references to other films, some of which children may know (Frankenstein quotes, ripples from Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible theme) but others which they probably won't, but I found hilarious (The One Ring from The Lord of The Rings, a parody of the Chestburster from Alien (this is not explicit. there is no blood, and no one is hurt. its just played for laughs). There are also positive messages on prejudice, which were touched upon in the first movie, but this certainly expands on it. There is some innuendo and minor cursing (not swearing), but children won't notice this. Final Score: 8/10: Very Good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjellysregards September 22, 2020

10/10, would watch again.

shrek is love, shrek is life

also this is better than the first movie. change my mind.
Teen, 16 years old Written by_m.j.s.e_ April 21, 2020

Amazing

Shrek 2 is an honest to god masterpiece. You can complain all you want about not wanting your kids to watch movies with sexual innuendos, but the fact remains that, THEIR KIDS!! Plus, don't forget every cartoon back then was LACED with sexual innuendos that were understood by parents but not us! They aren't going to understand the references made and if they do, maybe check who your kids hanging out with. Shrek 2 provides entertainment for kids and adults alike! It has jokes that'll get a laugh out of anyone. We can all learn a thing or two from Shrek's experiences, if you pay attention, he gives a lot of great advice.

Teen, 17 years old Written byshreklover12345 June 28, 2019

Gripping, Emotional, Impassioned

If you watch Shrek 2 for anything, watch it for fairy godmother's dazzling production of "I need a hero." Her mesmerizing performance captivates and charms, only to be poisoned by her inherent nefariousness, giving the song depth and morally conflicting the listener. Woven in between her song are scenes of Shrek and his ensemble intensely racing against time in a gallant manner. Moments of ardent dueling flash to moments of sacrifice and somberness. Back in the palace, Fiona obliviously dances with Prince Charming who is guised as Shrek, symbolizing her dance with fate if she unknowingly gives love to a man that is not who she believes him to be! This suspenseful advancing of time leads to a euphoric feeling among watchers when Shrek finally bursts through the palace doors to halt this play of deceit! The full cycle has been made, as Shrek, who in Shrek 1, began by bursting through the door of his outhouse, for no one in particular, is now, in Shrek 2, bursting through doors for the love of his life, symbolizing a complete and resolute character development. Absolute brilliance, and cinematic perfection!

Teen, 17 years old Written bylol 247 in the Van February 25, 2019

Accidentally In Love

This movie was absolutely amazing! I watched it so many times and it never gets old. There are some adult jokes and amazing pop culture references. Shrek 2 should've gotten an oscar. I wish All Star was in it...but we don't always get what we want.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAt The Movies May 19, 2018

It may not be as fresh as the original, but topical humor and colorful secondary characters make Shrek 2 a winner in its own right.

MOVIE INFO
After battling a fire-breathing dragon and the evil Lord Farquaad to win the hand of Princess Fiona, Shrek now faces his greatest challenge: the in-laws. Shrek and Princess Fiona return from their honeymoon to find an invitation to visit Fiona's parents, the King and Queen of the Kingdom of Far, Far Away. With Donkey along for the ride, the newlyweds set off. All of the citizens of Far, Far Away turn out to greet their returning Princess, and her parents happily anticipate the homecoming of their daughter and her new Prince. But no one could have prepared them for the sight of their new son-in-law, not to mention how much their little girl had changed. Little did Shrek and Fiona know that their marriage had foiled all of her father's plans for her future--and his own. Now the King must enlist the help of a powerful Fairy Godmother, the handsome Prince Charming and that famed ogre killer 'Puss In Boots' to put right his version of "happily ever after."
REVIEW
The movie is obvious, but consistently entertaining and animated in DreamWorks's "realistic" digitized style. Can an ogre live happily ever after? Can fairy tale characters be content with their fairy tale lives? Can an Oscar-winning animated success generate a successful sequel? To all these questions, Shrek 2 is happy to answer yes, yes and yes. This second edition of DreamWorks's Oscar-winning ogre opus may not match the original for, well, originality, but it honors the prime injunction governing sequels: To thine own characters be true. The lovable characters remain, but they never do much of interest in a sequel that's safely above average but superfluous. A rare example of a sequel that's better than the original. Like the first movie this is unassailable family entertainment, with a gentle fairy tale for kids and a raft of mildly satirical pop-culture references for parents.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTacoshrimp00 February 23, 2018

What a great movie

It's story and morals are great for all ages.

Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2017

Okay film!

I watched this film with my sister when I was 3 and that sequel quote is true! "Sequels to the original are always rubbish!" First Fiona and Shrek are on their honeymoon and children (especially young children) don't really need to be seeing any kissing scenes. The Far Far Away sign is like the Hollywood sign so a little bit of consumerism there. Fiona's Father's a little bit rough on Shrek at first. The Fairy godmother uses some language if you listen carefully and turn on the subtitles. At Scene 6 or 7 its quite dark and this might scare children. I never watched the rest

Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Bad film.

I really don't like Shrek. Skip it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

The 1st Shrek was funny and cool however The 2nd Shrek is Funnier than the 1st

Shrek 2 is amazing and funny, It was awesome meeting Puss In Boots, The Animation, Acting, Songs and Characters are all fantastic

Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2014

awsome

I meant to put best but it wouldent let me its way better than 13 or 4 love it

Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2013

not for kids

so bad not even for kids!!!!

Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013

Two Thumbs Down

Me and my family hated this movie. The sexual content is highly inappropriate for young kids. It can be better for teens ages 13+. BAD MOVIE!

Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2013

Do not watch this movie!

This movie wasn't so good. If you have watched the first movie you should watch it. If not, don't watch it.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Not a Child Movie

There are numerous issues that some others have brought up, gay, transvestites, etc. Also a message that the police use "police brutality". Many images that need to be explained. What is the message that we are teaching our children. This was an adult cartoon satire at best. Are the values that are displayed in this movie, ones that you would have in your home? If the answer is no, then dont let your kids see it.
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2019

Great Movie

Shrek 2 is an amazing movie, better than the first! I know they mean "ass" as in a donkey but that could be bad for kids under 6.

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2019

Shrek is the best

I think that shrek is the greatest movie ever made but the sequels are not as fantastic but in the end they are still worth whatching

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovie.com September 6, 2017

Shrek 2

Hey, this review is for defense, whatever your name is, sunni or something. Let me give you a few pointers Shrek 2 is a quality kids movie, yes there are some jokes that may be a little over the top, but that will just fly past kids' minds like nothing happened. The movie has a very good cast, solid acting, a kid friendly story and proves to be visually dazzling and very clever indeed. Seriously person this review is by a kid and I can prove more things than you can. Hey other kids come on tell me isn't this person wrong and she or he should stop ruining a movie that was actually made for children, come on my side if you do
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2011

Wonderful!

Good movie! Made me laugh on some parts! But plenty of drugs, consumerism, shrek and fiona kiss, violence and bad language like "a-s" "oh my god" "butt" "poop" and plenty other potty language bad for little kids.

Kid, 9 years old May 17, 2020

Probably the funniest Dreamwork movie!!!