Kid reviews for Shutter Island

Shutter Island Poster Image

Tiniest bit of NUDITY, violence, might cause nightmares, but overall good movie

Watch with an adult (cause its R rated) but other than violence and occasional but not excessive swearing this was a very good movie. It also shows a lot of dark mentally challenged people which parents should keep in mind. Note: brief nudity through 1:10:40 to 1:10:48 I suggest skipping (men's genitals shown). Great performance by Leonardo Dicaprio and Mark Ruffalo.
3 people found this helpful.

THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING

I am such a big fan of horror, gore, or just anything that isn't really that happy. that amazing storyline isn't really that hard to follow as long as you pay attention to what they are saying. the acting is just top level and the character's personality just oozes into to amazing movie itself. I would definitely recommend this if you are a big fan of horror just like me I give it a 4-star rating because I personally love it.
1 person found this helpful.

Very good, very gripping psychological thriller with a heck of a twist

Shutter Island is a very well made psychological thriller but it is quite disturbing at points. There are some scenes that are quite graphically violent, mostly WW2 flashback scenes. There is some uses of the f-word as well as other swear words. There is also an instance of graphic male nudity very briefly in a non sexualising context. The movie is definitely worth a watch but it is not the faint of heart.

Suspenseful Scorsese Film; Best for Older Teens…

Normally I would begin these reviews with a short synopsis of the movie, but for this film I think it best I just tell you to watch it for yourselves. The story is excellent, and its one that you must watch to understand. Shutter Island is very intense, and has some disturbing moments in it. The movie takes place in the 1950s and one of the characters has flashbacks of Nazi concentration camps (and all the dead bodies). There are no sex scenes in the movie, however, there is a brief shot at full frontal male nudity. Lots of language is present in the movie, as well. The characters are drugged, because they are insane (it takes place at an insane asylum). All in all, this movie is excellent and has a intense ending. I highly recommend this movie to anyone 15+ who enjoys thriller, mystery, suspense, or is just looking for a good movie.

You absolutely must watch this!

I watched this movie because I'd heard some good things about it, and I'm also a fan of thrillers and mysteries. And I'm pleased to say it did not disappoint. It's quite a mature one, I do admit. But I think that teens under the age of 18 can definitely handle it if they're comfortable with the themes included (gore, swearing, mental illnesses and murder). I must say this movie had to be one of my favorites so far. It has everything I enjoy in a movie. Suspense, mystery, a good plot. It really makes you think and the ending is most definitely not expected. So if you think your child is able to handle the themes I mentioned, I know it's one you'll enjoy.

It’s a scorseseeeeee and a di capriooooo

A great movie with a shocking end and with a not understandable and clear end This movie is not for adult it’s 13+

Unexpected plot twist worth watching tonight.

I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't been falling asleep and my brothers hadn't spoiled the ending afterwards. Regardless, this movie is very good. Is it for young kids? No. There are some blood scenes, lots of language, and things that can appear scary for kids. My 11yo brother watched it with us and had to cover his eyes a many times. Some drinking and smoking, but light, and not something you need worry about. The end twist is SO unexpected I promise I'm not even kidding. It's not one of my favorites, but it's good. Is there something sexual? I think there's a kissing scene but it's pretty light, the bloody part that comes after it is much more intense. Not because it's graphic (it's not) but bc of the kind of way it's presented to the audience. There are some sexual and very inappropriate things people say! I'm glad my little brother didn't know what they meant. We've watched many R movies carefully as a family of 6 before. This wasn't shocking to us, but it might be to kids who aren't used to hearing or seeing any kind of death before or don't exactly know what sex is either. I do recommend it. It's not for everyone, though!!! Reviewed by Cool Kidz.

Amazing!

This movie was AMAZING and the plot twist was just *chef's kiss*. I thought it was a bit boring at the very beginning but trust me this film is worth watching. It does have some gore at the start and overall I think that this movie is the best psychological thriller.

Great movie!

This was a amazing film! It is very violent. There is a scene where a man is shown in length who tried to kill himself but is still alive. There is a scene where soldiers in the cold war line up enemy soldiers and shoot them . Children drenched in blood. Children drowned. Language. F words. I white man says the N - word. Is suspenseful and for mature audiences. Some drinking and a lot of smoking. Overall, I loved this movie! If you are a teen and not yet 17, get your parents permission to watch it. Parents, do not let your kids under 17 watch this!

It was a great movie. It wasn’t that scary, but here was this one scene with a bunch of dudes naked. But a great movie with a great plot twist.