Parent reviews for Sleepover

Sleepover Poster Image

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH MOISA71

I don't know what Moisa is talking about! This movie is really bad. I'm 69 years old and I've never seen a movie so terrible. This movie takes the first spot on my "Most Hated Movies List." DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GRANDMA, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

Really Good

I watched this movie when I was young and just watched it tonight, still pretty good and I see why it was one of my favorites. This movie didn't influence me growing up, it's just really entertaining for many ages.

I like it

A movie for girls but I liked it not bad.

Not bad fir a tween movie

I happened upon this movie it was in suggestions, I thought it was actually decent for this day in age movies, there really is nothing in it that bad, unless your child lives on another planet, I'm sure they will survive this funny little comedy that I'm sure lots of girls entering high school can probably relate to.

Not a good movie for ANY age!

I thought that this would be an okay movie for my daughter to watch with her friends at a Sleepover, seeing the title and PG rating. However, I was extremely disappointed. The entire movie focused on impressing "popular girls", and the group of friends went to great lengths to do so. The movie made it seem "cool" and not that big of a deal to: steal a car and drive underage, sneak out of the house, break into another's house, and meet up with a man they met online at a bar! In addition, the main character sees a boy undressing before he showers (nothing shown) and steals his underwear. WTF! After the movie, my daughter and her friends went upstairs and reenacted practically the entire movie in her bedroom while I furtively listened outside. My daughter giggled as she pretended to be ordering a 'Sex On The Beach' with a valley girl accent. Then they went into a deep conversation over whether they would be liked if they were fat (another important lesson they learned from the movie). Besides, the terrible acting, shallow characters, and extremely high school plot make it terrible for any age. Please do not let your kids watch this movie.

Ugh. Inappropriate for kids but a terrible movie for teens or adults

I have no clue why anyone would like this movie. From a parent's perspective, it is saying it's fun and cool to go out without parents permission, drive a car without a license (!!), meet a blind date at a bar at 14 years old (!!!!). I know it's "just a movie" and not reality, but these kind of things, plus obsessiing over fititng into teen stereotypes, are the ONLY thing this movie is about. From an adult perspective, the acting is terrible, the characters are one-dimensional, the plot is formulaic. Imagining a kid's perspective, the kids I can imagine liking this movie would be so young that it makes no sense to show them such a teen-themed movie. Reading the other reviews, I must be wrong about this, but I just do not get why anyone would enjoy this movie. Not even Steve Carell or Jane Lynch can save this bad joke.

cmon people its just a movie chill!

why are so many people fussing about this movie? i mean its not bad its actually good okay okay so there may be some lanuage but this is the movie great for all girls any age required ltm =love this movie!