Kid reviews for Snatch

Dark crime comedy has graphic violence, language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDinosaurReviews January 2, 2019

Great, but a lot of language to watch out for

I personally think that the movie is very intense while managing to keep the comedic tone of it in check. But, unfortunately there is a LOT of bad language in it. Countless f—ks, and a few uses of c—t as well. A lot of Britishly vulgar humor as well.
The plot:
To paraphrase:
Different groups of people: a group of three bumbling black men who are working with a man named Freddy Four-Fingers; two Brits, one who is serious and focused and the other who tries to be, who are working with a boxer and a cutthroat pig feeding gangster; and a gangster who is working with his henchman Bullet Tooth Tony to get it.
Review: the plot is super complex, especially involving the boxer. It is also kind of cruel how they treat the boxer; they burn down his mothers caravan while she is sleeping in it. Just to get him to fight. The comedic parts lighten the tone; especially a mischievous dog who steals and swallows the stone at the last part of the movie. Every one of the characters has some sort of mishap in the movie; but it never strays away from what the movie is about, which is good. I like Dennis Farina and Jason Statham’s performances, because one is calm and collected, and the other has a quick temper which is really funny towards the end. Also, the movie is pretty violent, with many shootings and stabbings. The gangster Brick Top is menacing, discussing chopping people up and feeding them to pigs to dispose of bodies. The boxing scenes are pretty bloody as well. Talk of cutting open a dog to remove a diamond from its stomach; the act is never carried out, thankfully.
Overall, the movie is funny and profane at just the right levels, and I recommend it to anyone who is mature enough to watch.
Also, there is some sexual language and topless women, but not too
much of it. British slang for penises, like “Jacobs.”

Teen, 16 years old Written byTomydurden July 25, 2017

My rating: R for violence, language and crude humor

Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: R for violence, language and some sexual humor

Teen, 15 years old Written bypablogan4 January 7, 2014

Masterpiece.

This is a great film. Perfectly directed, perfectly acted and perfectly written, even though it´s very violent and its full of strong language. Up to teens aged 14 and up.

Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag January 4, 2013

Abstruse mix of black comedy and crime thriller. Much comic violence!

"Sn*tch" is a black comedy by Guy Ritchie released in 2000.
-------------------------------------
What to expect when watching a movie like this?
It is hard to tell, since there hardly has been a movie like "Sn*tch" before.
Often compared to "Pulp Fiction" and "Trainspotting", "Sn*tch" has something new that has not been in its inofficial idols, in other words: it is NOT a cheap ripoff. "Sn*tch" is filled with abstruse humour and dark comedy, and with unforgettable characters. There hardly is a plot, the whole movie evolves around its many protagonists and their relationships with each other. But you also should not expect a laugh-out-loud comedy, as much as you shouldn't expect a pure crime thriller.
This is a movie like-it-or-not, with excellent cast and dialogues, but also featuring a very unique editing and filming style - and very grotesque sitautions. It surely isn't a movie for everyone, but it IS brilliant and it IS outstanding, and as such should be seen by everyone - even though it is clear that not everyone will acclaim.
-----------------------------
(SPOILERS may follow:)
The movie has strong violence, but it is almost always comical.
A man shoots himself in the head and blood and matter splatters onto a wall.
An arm is chopped off (we see a man holding the severed arm).
Boxing fights end up blooy with clearly visible wounds, but it is in a boxing match only.
We briefly a bloody dead dog. From a distance, and we don't know why he is dead. In the next scene we see a dog in a cage, and a man hits him with a stick repeatenly (the impact is off-screen, it is not as brutal as it sounds).
One character is a psychopath that chops up corpses and feeds them to his pigs. This is never shown or done, but is discussed several times.
A man is stitched with a knife (blood is on his hand).
A man is shot seven times, but survives, and blood spurts out of his mouth.
A man is run over by a car. In this car accident, a man in the car is impaled by a sword.
A man plans on killing a dog with a knife, thinking it has eaten a diamond, but stops when figuring out it hasn't.
Several people are threatened, shot, or killed off-screen.
There is some blood.
Anyhow, the movie's tone is very comical and grotesque, taking quite a lot of the intensity.
There is a brief scene including two topless women.
The language is very strong - featuring 159 uses of the f-word, and 3 uses of c**t. Several racist terms.
The violence may be too much for younger viewers, but teenagers around 15 should handle it.
------------------------------
(@Common Sense Media: It took me quite a long time figuring out why CSM said I used bad language. And if wouldn't have read the other reviews, I wouldn't even know by now. Thanks, LightenUp. I mean it is okay if you don't want the word written in it, but please could you write that in your review? I mean, it possibly would have taken me another hour of editing until I figured out what was wrong with my review.)

Teen, 17 years old Written byjackie chany October 14, 2012

revolting gory scenes

there is a lot of revolting scenes like one in the begining they show a man being smashed to death with a hammer and another one where someone is gutting another man

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

For Mature teens!

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 4, 2012

Good crime movie

Very amusing, good crime movie. Some strong violence. Good for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy November 13, 2009

Amazing Performance!

Awesome movie! Fast Paced, Hilarious, With lots of great twists! This is by far my favorite Guy Richie film!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJulie3000x January 26, 2009
This was one of my favorite movies of all time! I personally liked it better than lock, stock and two smoking barrels. The characters are better and its way faster paced.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybballdiaries April 9, 2008

meeeehhhh

welll, i didnt really like this fiilm, it was , euh, the same movie as lock stock and two smoking barrels, only lock stock was MUCH better! dont get me wrong this is a MEDIOCRE movie , not bad , but nothing great, one of brads best acting moments. **13over