Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Son of Saul

Powerful WWII concentration camp film is horrific, violent.

Adult Written bybobward April 24, 2016
A horrowing and haunting film. Still, as a history piece and a means to truly understand the general atmosphere of the concentration camps, every teenager should watch it. As for those concerned about the violence, it's mostly conveyed through sound and is almost never shown in graphic detail.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byGeorge Marshall May 4, 2016

Best holocaust film- but could be disturbing for some

The Holocaust is inherently disturbing, so really any film that deals with it well will be challenging and disturbing and extremely violent. But I also want my children to understand this history so I want them to see this. I think it all comes down to the individual child. My daughter, who is fourteen, left the room. My son, who is twelve, found it engrossing and had a lot to say about it, Schindler's List might serve better as a general briefing, and has a wider overview, but this film really drops you in the middle of it. Most of the violence, corpses, blurry or offscreen, but there is plenty here to disturb a kid with strong imagination. As I said, it all depends on the child but, if you want to talk about the Holocaust, this is an exceptional film.