Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 6, 2010

watch this movie 9 and over for violence
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bylioness57 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ May 7, 2011

Still An Awesome Movie Like The First

I Love This Movie As Much As The First One.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

Not as good as the reviews

Perfectly pleasant, not objectionable in any way. But the rave reviews show more about our desperation for a watchable kids' movie than for the value of this one.
Adult Written byfranco415 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjubajen April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysedeara April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysharronsrule April 9, 2008

Well done

I was impressed at the amount of action and adventure the producers were able to incorporate without going overboard with adult material. I would actually say this movie is probably o.k. for 10 year olds depending on the child. I'm rather surprised that anyone would suggest it for anyone younger then that. Over all it was a good movie and a great lesson in weighing your priorities and being honest for those old enough to process that message. For those who aren't I think it is reduced to scary action-packed exciting violence (well done action & violence but still the message is lost on the younger audience).
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byBethElgin August 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this but found it too violent for my 9 year old twin boys- they both found the "baddies" scary. my 12 year old daughter fine with it. I think kids 11 and up ok.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 21, 2012

spider man 2

Families can talk about how this sequel compares with the first Spider-Man movie. Is it as exciting? Is it deeper? Why does Peter feel that he can't share his real self with anyone? Why would Peter Parker would want to stop being Spider-Man? How do we know when to give up our dreams for others?
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynchapman June 12, 2009

Too much pain and terror - not comic book violence

I was particularly disturbed by Doc Ock's murder of the medical staff. We see them in real terror and pain - not at all "comic book-style action violence" - more realistic, disturbing, more emotional content that I wanted in action violence that my son was watching. It was just this one scene, but it was pretty intense and disturbing.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 29, 2014
Adult Written bydklein April 4, 2012

more violent than the first. know your kid.

wow! i was honestly blown away by the sheer brilliance of this sequel. might be the best superhero movie of all time. it's also, however, considerably scarier and more violent than the first one. one character dies when a shard of glass hits her in the eye. a nuclear explosion sends several people to the hospital. a child is trapped inside a burning building before being rescued (so powerful, brought me to tears). doc ock is much scarier than green goblin and goes on intense rampages through the city. but if your kids can handle it. they'll love it as much as i did.
Adult Written bytoona April 9, 2008

Much deeper than I thought..

I knew we would like S-2 but I had no idea it would be this "good". We took our 7 year old (even though I was concerned about the violence, we had discussed it prior) and we were both very impressed. The Doc-Oc surgery scene would be the worst in terms of violence but even this, isn't that bad. Spidey and Doc-Oc do a lot of tumbling around and stuff but in the end, it is the Doctor who brings and end to himself. Spidey convinces him to "do the right thing" with words. Great story for kids to see in terms of violence and heroism...there is a difference. I would recommend it to all but the youngest (the loud action would stir up youngsters and they wouldn't get the meaning in the end). Go see this!
Parent Written byMatt B. November 15, 2015

More violent then the first Spider Man

This one is more intense. Recommended for teens.
Parent Written byOm Kolhe January 25, 2015

A very good movie

A heartfelt movie with many role models and good morals. It does contain a bit of action and stylized violence, but has good messages.
Adult Written byWill loves movies May 31, 2013

Spidey's back

Spider-Man 2 is a great follow-up to the 2002 flick. The postive messages and postive role models are still there. The postive message in this movie is to accept the gifts that we have as well as sacrfice. Peter is still the same role model from the first movie. The violence as well as the profanity are toned down from the first movie. The sexual content is toned down as well with just two kisses the latter being quite passionate. Harry is the one who drinks in this movie. This is a great sequel to the franchise that keeps the same message from the first movie as well as adding on another message. Thanks for reading.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 2, 2013

Liked it a lot! Great story...

Another excellent Spider-man film! The first one is my favorite, but number two is very good as well (3rd one is my second favorite!) This one is a little milder and features Peter's major struggles on friendship, love and career. Everything seems to be going down hill for him, including his family. He meets a scientist through his best friend Harry (James Franco), but his experiments take a terrible turn and transforms him into a violent villain who is after spider-man (Peter). Harry seems upset most of the time with his friends, particularly Peter because he believes that spider-man killed his father and spider-man is his friend. Harry wants spider-man dead until he learns that Peter is actually him. It's nice and action packed with a great story, it's also heartwarming and touching. Great role models here and good messages throughout about honesty (Peter confesses his secrets once and for all) and how important it is to tell someone how you really feel, because you may never get another chance. Violence is kind of heavy but a little lighter than the first one with lots of fights between comic characters, chase scenes, arguments. No sexual content except for some kissing. Language is super mild (if any). Small amount of drinking. Has some good humor! Excellent movie for 10+ viewers! (Spider-man 3 is awesome, too!)
Adult Written byDandelion71 April 9, 2008