Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Spider-Man: Far from Home

Fun, fast-paced sequel has some dark, dizzying violence.

Adult Written byNatasha247 June 30, 2019

Really good for teens

This title is an inspiring film for teenagers. My kids loved it! It may not be suitable for younger viewers because of some violence and language. But for tweens and teens it is great!

Parent Written byGeekMom81 July 3, 2019

This Comic loving mom approves!

The sexual jokes went over my 10 year old daughters head, she thought the flirting and pants down was funny and in now way sexual. Violence was typical of Marvel. The emotional part did make my kiddo cry but overall, definitely great despite a few curse words.

Adult Written bybrysonreviews July 2, 2019

One of the best Marvel Movies EVER (Spoiler-Free)

This movie is for sure one of the best Marvel Movies! Here's all you need to know: Cast: The cast, especially Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal do excellent jobs! Violence and Scares: Unlike most Marvel Movies, this one had a jumpscare, of sorts. It's during an hallucination of sorts (if I said more it would be a spoiler), but most kids should be able to handle it. The visuals in this movie are stunning! They really are breathtaking, but they can get intense, especially in the hallucination mentioned above, and the fight scenes. One character dies, and younger kids might have a hard time processing it. Sex: Peter and his classmates stops in Austria for a bathroom break, and there is a scene where a classmate catches Peter changing, with no nudity, just him in his underwear, with a female shield agent. There is a joke with Happy and Peter about "a pay per view film with no name", which he proceeds to correctly guess as it being an adult film. Peter does change in front of MJ one time, again no nudity, however she is looking away, but looks for a brief second. Language: There is a few uses of "sh--", bitch, ass, damn, hell, badass and a cut off "what the f..." Drinking: There is no smoking, or drugs in this, however, there is a few instances of drinking. On a plane, (potential spoiler) Flash Thompson is offered a drink in first class, lying about his age, because he "blipped", so his ID showed he was 21, but he blipped so he was really 16, and is refused the drink. Mysterio offers Peter a drink, however he reminds him he's not 21. Characters in a bar drink Champagne, beer, etc, but its really only in 1 or 2 scenes. Tips: Stay for the mid credit scene and post credit scene! They both are VERY important to the plot! If you have young kids, 3D might be a little to intense for them, due to the VFX being very intense, even in 2D! I say this film is appropriate for 9 year olds, or if your child is sensitive, maybe 10.

Adult Written byhthrun July 4, 2019

Good movie, but one scene really bothered me.

I first read about this scene in another review. SPOILER A grown female SHIELD agent brought Peter a suit and ordered him to try it on. She wouldn't turn away and wouldn't take no for an answer. Marvel/Disney thinks it's ok to make jokes of a woman making a 16-yo undress in front of her? What if the genders were swapped, imagine the outcry.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byHishchap456 July 8, 2019

A intriguing yet amazing movie! Marvel have done it again!

I took my two kids to see this yesterday. One is 11 and the other is 16. They are both ‘Fans’ of the MCU and said that this movie is going to be great. I took them and I overall think it’s a great movie! There are a few iffy moments like when Peter had to change in front of a SHIELD agent and someone walks in and where a Zombie Iron Man jumps out from a grave in a jump scare moment. But there are very funny moments as well like when Peter’s Aunt refers to his 6th sense as ‘Peter tingle’! There are a few violent scenes and a bit of cursing but nothing a 8 year old child couldn’t handle. Definitely take your kids to see this!
Adult Written byNonnie0603 July 7, 2019

Wonderful Marvel movie with little person to person violence

I loved this movie! My 6yr old daughter does not like movies with violence being inflicted on people or people being shot. This movie had neither! My husband and I took our 9yr old son and 6yr old daughter, both of whom are more sensitive than most kids and we all enjoyed the movie. Most of the fighting scenes are buildings being knocked over and Spider-Man trying to keep the buildings from falling on people. Much less menacing and scary than other marvel movies. Even less so than Spider-Man Homecoming.

Parent Written bySara E. June 7, 2019

Spider-Man far from home

Very funny with lots of action.

Adult Written byHermoine F. July 15, 2019

Awesome Movie!!!!

This movie was great. My kids loved it! There is some violence and a small sweet kiss shared btwn two characters which was very cute. Amazing special effects and Holland does amazing as Peter Parker. Great for tweens and up but probably a little intense for children under 12.

Adult Written byFatcat3 July 14, 2019

Spiderman

It's a great family movie. It's very funny and entertaining.

Adult Written byJzag July 13, 2019

Disappointing content and language

The movie was okay and set up for what looks to be a really good sequel. However, writers included, unnecessarily, fouls language and sexual references. These did nothing for the movie except market it toward older audiences. Unfortunately families with younger children who like the action hero spider man probably shouldn’t take them to see this one.

Adult Written byOmkar sai July 12, 2019

Man at any age don't feel nervous

Adult Written bySai Reddy July 8, 2019
Parent of a 2 and 8 year old Written byKrajput July 8, 2019

The best movie ever

It’s really good for action loving kids and adults. I loved it.

Adult Written byG's Mom July 7, 2019

Fun movie! Standard fare you'd expect from Marvel

Our whole family, which includes children ages 6, 8 & 11, has seen the entire Marvel lineup and really enjoyed the latest installment. As far as violence, sexy stuff and language, I'd say it's typical for Marvel. For positive messages and great role models, Far from Home might even be more enjoyable for kids because Peter Parker is the only Avenger who is not an adult. For these movies, you have to know your children and use your discretion. We've always taken a very hard stance on what's real and what's not (no indulging monsters in the closet fears, etc.), so the fantasy violence in Marvel doesn't bother them at all (we worry more about what they see on the news!). The mild sexy stuff in this movie went over their heads, so my only note of caution is the language. It's nothing major, but some of it is very clear and done for laughs. Nick Fury, I'm looking at you and your, "B*!$h, please."

Adult Written byDwright9 July 6, 2019

really good!!!

I was waiting for so long to see this movie then i finally did!!
Adult Written byadalkrishnan1 July 5, 2019
Adult Written byRanny July 4, 2019
Adult Written byThatspideyguy July 4, 2019

Peter’s Eurotrip

I enjoyed the movie, and think it’s great, but I’m not sure if it’s the best movie for elementary school aged kids. There’s definitely some spooky scenes that I know would have given me nightmares as a kid. Also there’s a lot of adult humor—references to /adult/ films, and other sexual things. There is a scene where another student thinks he walked in on Peter having relations with a woman. Also this villain has no qualms about killing kids, and tries to several times.

Adult Written bythomas d. July 3, 2019

Spiderman far from home

Fantastic movie possibly best marvel movie nothing to worry about
Adult Written byShinygreenbeetle July 2, 2019

Adventurous, family filled fun!

It was good.