Parent reviews for Spree

Spree Poster Image

Very creative and fun

Honestly a genius film. Despite having such a dark and morbid concept, the producers and cast managed to execute the comedy aspect so well. It was so fun to sit and watch, it felt real and had realistic portrayals of social media and its users. I found myself watching intently, waiting to see where Kurt would end up next, who he was going to kill and who he wasn't, it was just so engaging for me. Joe Keery was the perfect actor for a role like this. Kurt has this weird innocence to him despite being utterly crazy, and Keery pulled it off perfectly. At times I wasn't sure if I felt bad for Kurt, or if I was scared of how crazy he is, and still, even after watching the film, I can't decide. He's a likeable character which makes it interesting to see him go on a murderous rampage, because it inclines you to dislike him and his actions, yet I personally couldn't. I also loved how they merged comedy into horror, and they did it so well. Usually, when you see comedy in a horror film, it's horribly cringe-worthy "jokes" made at stupid times, which are forced and have no relevance other than an attempt at a comedic touch. However, the comedy in this film came naturally. It wasn't forced or unnecessary, it was the characters and their personalities, the way they interacted and the way they were all embodied stereotypes made as mockery, and I personally find it really enjoyable and funny to watch.
2 people found this helpful.

Wouldn’t consider it a horror

Very entertaining movie! The way it was filmed pretty much as if it was as from a live stream really is cool! Original and very good. Quite gory in bits though so I’d say 14 and up should be able to watch it! Wouldn’t consider it a horror though, more thriller. Overall a great film!

I love this movie

This is great movie! It's a little bit violent but It's the best horror movie I ever watched. It has a great message too but too heavy.

The lesson - Kurt movie spree

Kurt devised a scheme to get followers by poisoning his ride share passengers with Paraquat Dichloride mix in with the water and blood amd gore through out the film this chemical is extremely toxic to humans The reason i know the chemical is bc I took science amd chemistry in school

lots of violence

this is a violent movie, as the whole premise is a knockoff uber driver is killing his riders. there’s some language and mentions of “banging a chick” or something along those lines but nothing a teen won’t hear in school. there is a lot of blood and death but some of the deaths are comedic and meant to make you laugh.

Extremely Relevant and Psychotic Satire on Social Media

Spree is violent, full of strong and language, but it's a socially relevant dig on the disadvantage of social media. It's a good watch.

Super original psycho flick has extremely graphic violence and strong language

Spree is a jaw dropping, edge of your seat film shot completely by the characters devices on social media. Throughout you can expect extremely pervasive language, graphic violence, sexual content and more. Here is everything in detail sorted into 5 categories: VIOLENCE: Several people are poisoned, the first man is shown joking violently, the second victim is shown dead and others are similar. Drugs are shown injected into the bottles that the people drank from. 2 people stand through the roof door of a car has several dogs mauls them to death from their phones perspective and the perspective below. Not much is shown do to the shaky cameras and obscured view but blood splatters all over the windows and more. A man is hit with a car and his body slides down the window smearing blood on the car. A man kills a woman with a power drill. He is shown pointing it into her face and throwing it forward when the scene cuts to the blood pouring from the dog attacks. A boy is stabbed with a knife as blood pours from his body when he reaches for a gun and attempts to shoot the killer. When he does so the killer tackles him and shoots him to death obscured by the social media camera view. His bloody, bullet riddled body is shown on the ground. The killer is shown with blood on his face washing it down in the shower. A car crashes into a tent of homeless people before the car flips. A man is shot in camera (blood pours from the wound) as a woman is shown dead. The killer then shoots the bodies several times over and over again. In the most brutal scene in the film, a boy is crushed against a wall by a car as blood sprays against the glass window. When the killer approaches him, he wakes up and the killer smashes her phone against his face multiple times on several on-screen perspectives, one being the phone it’s self. When his face is beaten to a bloody pulp the woman takes a selfie with his body. LANGUAGE: Constant use of “fuck”, used pervasively and frequently through scenes. Each scene has more language then most R rated movies. Use’s of “shit”, “faggot”, “cock”, and “bitch” used. DRUG REFERENCES: Brief reference to a man finding his dads “baggies”, and claims he’s probably very high. A man drugs bottles of water to kill people. The injection is shown. A man appears high for a large amount of the last fourth of the movie. SEXUAL CONTENT: Lots of moderate to strong sexual references throughout. I’m one scene, several references to a sex tape are talked about. The sex tape is never seen or watched. A woman is knocked out on the side of the road as the protagonist asks his fans if he should “kill” or “f*ck”. The fans answer that he should kill her, but he is stopped. In the shower, a man jokes about showing his fans his boner because of how exited he is of getting fame. He then starts moving the camera down his legs but quickly pulls the camera up and says he would have to get to that bit later on. A man claims he and a woman are beyond sex. Things like “cream your jeans” and more are said. References to “f*cking” people. A man makes a woman uncomfortable by hitting on her in the back of a car. The live chat feed frequently is shown very crude, with text drawings of penises, strong references to sex and more. This is shown frequently. MY RATING: R for strong bloody violence, disturbing images, drug references, crude sexual content and pervasive language