All parent member reviews for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion April 27, 2009

The Best!

This is the best STAR TREK film yet. Violence is the only issue, really, outside of some brief "d**n"s and "hells". People are shot with lasers, and many bodies are seen dead, with blood on them. Wounds range from a few cuts to one man who has half of his face bloodied up and darkened. There's a creepy scene where worm-type creatures crawl into mens' ears and take possession of their minds.
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

More graphic then most PG-13 movies

Parents need to know that the second and third Star Trek movies are a lot more violent then Star Trek: The Motion Picture. In one scene, alien worms are put in the ears of two characters as a type of mind-control. Later, one of them vaporizes himself, and another bleeds a lot from his ear. Several bodies are found with blood on their faces. In another scene, Scotty carries a wounded engineer to the bridge. His face is burned and bleeding, and he dies after they take him to sickbay. After a space-battle, the main villain is seen with a bloody burn on most of his face. And the language is way too excessive for a PG movie.
Parent Written byCooldee April 21, 2010

For people aged 11 and up.

Do not take children under 11 years old to see Star Trek 2: The Warth of Khan. It is too scary for them. I love this movie!
Adult Written byjowoho December 26, 2008

One of my personal favorites

Looking back, I liked the first movie, but I LOVED this one! It does have a lot more action and is probably a good idea to fastforward through the worm-going-in-the-ear thing for younger viewers (need to get a Q-tip now, just thinking about it), but for values, this is the best movie. It talks a lot about friendship, loyalty and sacrifice. There's also a lot that can be discussed about family interactions (Kirk has a son we knew nothing about), and how science can be twisted for military purposes. There are numerous references to the works of William Shakespeare. This is one of the movies that I will always stop to watch.
Parent Written bystudio43 July 30, 2012

Not a movie for children - the age rating for this is not correct.

As a family we watched the first half an hour of this movie. There was a very disturbing scene of torture and both my 10 and 11 year old boys were very upset. This is not a movie for children! I love this website and usually find the recommended age to be very accurate, but this one was way off.
Adult Written bytammo_leif May 19, 2013

Classic

This is the best of the original 6 Star Trek movies. As with most Trek films, look out for blowing up ships, people dying in explosions or radiation accidents. Two characters are tortured, there is a massacre showing dead bodies hanging upside down with blood dripping from them. Cussing from time to time.