Kid reviews for Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Buoyant, farcical time-travel Enterprise escapade.

This star trek movie is like almost all of the other star treks. The only main Difference is the the social behavier because there is alot more swearing. The message is also very interesting because a probe is sent to earth to see if there are any whales on the planet. But there aren't any, so Kirk goes back in time to get a whale. Kirk gets the whale for two reasons. First all the have been hunted to extiction, this is the message: save the whales, and to save the the planet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byover-analyze August 6, 2013

Star Trek: The Voyage Home is a movie with a cause. The main message is that we depend on other species, and by coexisting with them we gain security. One of your main concerns as a parent is cursing (very frequently in some parts). Otherwise, it has lots of humor, and is different from any other Star Trek movie, and is one of my favorites.

Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2010

Perfect!

I LOVED this movie! THE best Star Trek yet! SOOO good!

Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2013

Great movie but too much cussing

Some low and moderate level cussing. Lower level cussing used frequently throughout the movie. Almost no violence. One kiss at the end of the movie. Gives message that we should coexist peacefully with other animals inhabiting our area for our future. Great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysmearyllama July 26, 2009

great movie

saving the whales is a great message. nice computer history lesson (Scotty and the Apple 2)

Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

STAR TREK 4

time travel star trek is less violent than the others.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 2, 2012

Very dated, quirky and easily the tamest of the Star Trek movies

Leonard Nimoy directed the 1986 films, Star Trek: The Voyage home, which is, of course, the fourth film in the Star Trek film series. Previously, Nimoy had directed the third Star Trek film, The Search for Spock. So, I guess our very own Mr. Sock enjoyed the experience of making one of these films so much, that he just had to come back and make another one. Turns out, he made a really, really good decision: It was the highest grossing, most acclaimed and most loved Star Trek film until the masterpiece that is Star Trek: First Contact, came out. But, even that film didn't make as much money as it did. The story is unusual, even for a Star Trek Film: The crew of the U.S.S. enterprise must go back in time to San Francisco 1986, to find a pair of humpback wales, which have gone instinct in the 23 century, and bring them safely back there. Ridiculous? Heck, no! This is Star Trek! That's one of the many things that I love about it! Star Trek: The Voyage Home is also, by far, the most lighthearted and funny of the Star Trek films, which makes it pretty much a sci-fi- comedy. So, it is still fittingly rated PG: There is very infrequent sci-fi action violence which almost always maintains a comical mood and tone. also, there is slightly more frequent profanity, than in most Star trek movies, but it is also, almost always used for humor. And, finally, there is some frequent drinking and one minor drug reference. So, if you are a Star Trek fan and you haven't yet checked this movie out, than what the heck could you possibly be waiting for?

Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2015

Awesome Movie

Kitchy, funny, adventure, the whole family would enjoy this movie, one of my favorites

Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2010

The greatest voyage ever

This is the best Star Trek movie I've seen. The only thing you should be concerned about is the fact there is lots of swearing including the finger and "dumb-a**".

Kid, 8 years old September 3, 2009
This Movie Is Not That Great For 5 Year Olds

Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2017

Excellent movie, but too profane for younger kids

I think this is an excellent movie. It is still best for older kids. There is very little violence, but the main issue is different. Frequent but mostly mild language includes words such as the H word, the D word, and "dumba--." At one point, a punk gave Kirk and Spock the middle finger, which actually is a funny scene. But parents should be watchful if their kids are introduced to some expletives, especially the middle finger, which I think made it OK to give it a PG-13 rating since it was released late enough. It is OK to enjoy this movie, but like I said, be careful.

Kid, 8 years old May 21, 2015

Star Trek got less violent and way worse.

My rating PG: for some language.