Kid reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Great action, intense mood, but romance may bore kids.

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2020

Still a good movie, but bad actors

I watched this movie with my mom, and she just said:"These are the worst actors I have ever seen." I also thought so. The first one wasn't to good, but the next? It was even worse. The film itself was great. There's a lot of romance, which was really annoying. The worst was in a battle of clone troopers and droids. Someone's head gets sliced off by a lightsaber, but you see no blood or gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 March 16, 2019

Darker, better, but still doesn't live up to others

This movie is darker than the first movie. But this movie is also better but sill doesn't live up to the other Star Wars movie. I think this movie is better because at the end there is a big battle(Jedis V.S Robots/sci-fi creatures) which may entertain young ones. I think this movie is more violent because there is more sci-fi violence in this movie. This is better than the 1st movie. I highly suggest 9+ to watch this movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2018

Horrible

At Least it's better than Disney-Star Wars

Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - There is a brief sequence where one of the main characters bloodlessly kills a number of human-like creatures (this is very brief and mostly off-screen). Another main character also becomes wounded after receiving a scratch from a large tiger-like creature and another character is bloodlessly decapitated. A head-but is administered by one of the main characters to another character and there are various battle scenes (one of which includes a main character's hand being cut of by a 'lightsaber') where creatures are killed bloodlessly. A character is shot and killed by a dart (we hear the noise but to do not see the dart). None of these scenes have a major impact and are only mildly intense.

Sex/Nudity: None (Although there is an ongoing 'forbidden' relationship between two of the main characters which is only mildly intense in some scenes).

Horror: Mild - A character witnesses the death of his mother (she is not killed but is dying from becoming too weary after being captured) but despite being the most emotionally intense thing in the film this is still brief and discreet. The characters are menaced by (and, in the case of one character, hurt by) animal-like creatures in a colosseum. Characters are taken by surprise in a tunnel full of creatures armed with 'laser-beam guns'. A young character mourns his dead father who has been decapitated (he holds his father's head, concealed by a helmet, in his hands). All of these scenes/sequences are either brief or handled with a mild intensity.

Language: None.

Drugs/Alcohol: Very mild - Someone tries to sell one the main characters "death sticks" (presumably a type of drug) which he declines and advises the seller (through mind-control) to "go home and re-think his life". It is unlikely that this will be of any concern to children.

Overall: Mild themes. There are some moderate concepts addressed such as dealing with the loss of a parent which may well lead to questions being asked by more inquisitive children. These are, however, handled briefly and within the context of fantasy. Younger children may also be frightened by the creatures in the colosseum.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarthVaderfanboy2002 June 5, 2015

Not appropriate. Should have been rated PG-13.

A villain is decapitated, loads of people die, one being a main character's mother, that main character's mother is very sad, a lot of aliens are murdered in one scene, although most of it is off screen it is mentioned that even some alien children were killed, lots of creepy sexual dialog since this movie is part time a love story and a woman's a** can be scene in a bar scene. I don't suggest teens and adults watch this movie either. The dialog is bad and 99% of the movie is computer generated. Skip this. Skip all the prequels.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkywalkergirl15 October 14, 2010

Awesome! But not as good as revenge of the sith.

Really awesome movie but kind of innapropriate because padme and Anakin do some kissing and also a lot of "oh Anakin i love you so much" or "by heart is beating, hoping that this kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me" kind of talk. For older kids, It's definitely not as good as revenge of the sith but still good. I would also be a little concerned about violence for the younger ones.

Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

Best movie ever

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! it's sooooo good. the visual effects are awesome and the action is really fun and not that graphic. the most epic scene is the beginning of the Clone Wars on Geinosis and the arena fight. also on Geinosis. same with the amazing droid factory scene. again on Geinosis. i really like the beginning with Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Zam Wessel through the streets of Coroscant. Anakin also slaughters Tuskin Raiders in a scene but it's not shown

Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 2, 2010

great movie!! i loved it!

i love this movie, because it's about the clone troopers.
i would say this movie is not for kids under 12 or 11 years because it has a lot of battle and you see how somebody's
head gets cut of.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Its stupid

This movie is dumb
Kid, 6 years old July 14, 2020

I loved Anakin skywalker and obi wan

Anakin was the best character out of all of them!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Review Guy July 9, 2020

Good, but WAY worse than other Star Wars movies.

This movie is good, but 8 of the other Star Wars movies were better than this. I fell like George Lucas just got lazy with this one and said, “Hey! Let’s make almost everything onscreen CGI!” I’m fine with CGI, but George Lucas took it WAY too far. Also, there’s hardly any fun and exciting parts like there were in the original Star Wars trilogy. Since, almost everything is CGI, the violence is mostly cartoonish. However, there is one iffy spot in the movie. Padme wears a tight shirt, but a monster rips some of it off, turning it into a crop-top. Padme also wears it for about 30 minutes. Make sure you’re okay with your kids seeing Natalie Portman in a crop-top for a half hour.

Kid, -1 years old June 8, 2020

the worst star wars movie

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2020

Surprisingly good film

Anything Anakin was bad, but the rest of the film: amazing! I really liked the confrontation with Count Dooku because it is the first time we get to see Yoda in action. Apart from Anakin, I really recommend it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThisAintLucky May 27, 2020

Boring, but tolerable

This movie is...something.

It's got action (The Arena Battle and Battle of Geonosis is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series), but the romance is just so out of place.

It's a Star Wars movie, not Twilight but without vampires and less edgy. The romance doesn't kick in until about half way in. Whenever I rewatch this movie, I just skip every scene on Naboo (you should too, you wouldn't really be missing anything). The Arena Battle is actually a good scene, and probably the only reason I bother rewatching this movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarth Nihilus May 27, 2020

Worst of the Star Wars movies

I simply am saying that it is not worth your time to watch and has no effect on the timeline. It also has a bit of violence, when Anikan kills Tusken Raiders, including women and children. There is the use of drugs (death sticks) and drinking in the club on Coruscant

Kid, 9 years old May 4, 2020

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Star wars 2 is awesome. Why does everyone hate it so much? It has like one of the best bounty hunters ever: Jango Fett. It's not bad at all.

Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2020

Recommend

Kid, 6 years old April 7, 2020

if sombody asks what is my wurst movie ever this will be my anser

some scary animals and allins some violence i think you have to be atlest 9 and up some inappropriate scenes
Teen, 13 years old Written byserenity queen April 2, 2020

Great action! One of the best prequels!

This is a great prequel! After 10 years Anakin is grown up and is becoming the jedi he always dreamed to be. He also meets Padme and has thought about her since the day they left. They later on fall in love and get married. This story has a good balance of action and romance. It also shows Anakin's dark side. It does get boring at some parts. Love how Anakin and Obi Wan work together to find the assassin! And how Padme and Anakin bond! There's a good amount of action and bad guys. The politics and senate is confusing but I understood after a while. The senate is pretending to be good and separatists are pretending to be bad? They're both bad where's the good! Good thing there are jedi! The script writing is bad in some scenes but every star wars movie has its flaws. Recommend this movie for prequel lovers!

Teen, 17 years old Written byLokiStarkLord February 23, 2020

Good action but bad writing

What the title says. It’s entertaining but not particularly good. More action than the previous. There’s a scene in a bar with a guy trying to sell obiwan death sticks but he tells him to go home and rethink his life. Talk of romance and a kiss but nothing sexual. No language. Intense scenes the scene with Shmi and Anakin kills a bunch of Tusken Raiders offscreen. A character is decapitated but no gore. Still disturbing for kids. Messages are conflicted anakin is making his way to the dark side. Obiwan is a good Jedi hero and padme is a responsible senator.