All teen and kid member reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkywalkergirl15 October 14, 2010

Awesome! But not as good as revenge of the sith.

Really awesome movie but kind of innapropriate because padme and Anakin do some kissing and also a lot of "oh Anakin i love you so much" or "by heart is beating, hoping that this kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me" kind of talk. For older kids, It's definitely not as good as revenge of the sith but still good. I would also be a little concerned about violence for the younger ones.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

Best movie ever

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! it's sooooo good. the visual effects are awesome and the action is really fun and not that graphic. the most epic scene is the beginning of the Clone Wars on Geinosis and the arena fight. also on Geinosis. same with the amazing droid factory scene. again on Geinosis. i really like the beginning with Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Zam Wessel through the streets of Coroscant. Anakin also slaughters Tuskin Raiders in a scene but it's not shown
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 28, 2010

Not the best movie in the saga, but good

This movie was good, but not as good as the others. For one thing, the love scenes between Anakin and Padme were too long. I think the scenes should have been shortened a little, since the movie is more about action rather than romance. Also, the acting isn't the best, especially from Hayden. But as the story progresses it gets better, like during the arena battle. Violence: As expected from Star Wars, lots of violence involving blasters, lightsabers, and even some deaths-but no blood (that I recall). Sex: Anakin and Padme start to fall in love and eventually kiss. Padme wears some revealing outfits. Drinking/Drugs: One scene takes place in a bar, but no one's drunk.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - There is a brief sequence where one of the main characters bloodlessly kills a number of human-like creatures (this is very brief and mostly off-screen). Another main character also becomes wounded after receiving a scratch from a large tiger-like creature and another character is bloodlessly decapitated. A head-but is administered by one of the main characters to another character and there are various battle scenes (one of which includes a main character's hand being cut of by a 'lightsaber') where creatures are killed bloodlessly. A character is shot and killed by a dart (we hear the noise but to do not see the dart). None of these scenes have a major impact and are only mildly intense. Sex/Nudity: None (Although there is an ongoing 'forbidden' relationship between two of the main characters which is only mildly intense in some scenes). Horror: Mild - A character witnesses the death of his mother (she is not killed but is dying from becoming too weary after being captured) but despite being the most emotionally intense thing in the film this is still brief and discreet. The characters are menaced by (and, in the case of one character, hurt by) animal-like creatures in a colosseum. Characters are taken by surprise in a tunnel full of creatures armed with 'laser-beam guns'. A young character mourns his dead father who has been decapitated (he holds his father's head, concealed by a helmet, in his hands). All of these scenes/sequences are either brief or handled with a mild intensity. Language: None. Drugs/Alcohol: Very mild - Someone tries to sell one the main characters "death sticks" (presumably a type of drug) which he declines and advises the seller (through mind-control) to "go home and re-think his life". It is unlikely that this will be of any concern to children. Overall: Mild themes. There are some moderate concepts addressed such as dealing with the loss of a parent which may well lead to questions being asked by more inquisitive children. These are, however, handled briefly and within the context of fantasy. Younger children may also be frightened by the creatures in the colosseum.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2010

Good movie

Great action movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 2, 2010

great movie!! i loved it!

i love this movie, because it's about the clone troopers. i would say this movie is not for kids under 12 or 11 years because it has a lot of battle and you see how somebody's head gets cut of.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarthVaderfanboy2002 June 5, 2015

Not appropriate. Should have been rated PG-13.

A villain is decapitated, loads of people die, one being a main character's mother, that main character's mother is very sad, a lot of aliens are murdered in one scene, although most of it is off screen it is mentioned that even some alien children were killed, lots of creepy sexual dialog since this movie is part time a love story and a woman's a** can be scene in a bar scene. I don't suggest teens and adults watch this movie either. The dialog is bad and 99% of the movie is computer generated. Skip this. Skip all the prequels.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2014

attack of the clones

My favorite prequel. This blockbuster is action packed and very entertaining. Some intense scenes but overall mild, this movie is good for young tweens and adults.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ September 13, 2013

My Favorite Star Wars Movie

The second installment of the Star Wars saga is my favorite! The pieces of the puzzles are starting to fall in place. We begin to see the "Darth Vader side" of Anakin Skywalker. War is brewing. Lines are drawn, and the heroes will soon have to pick which side they will follow. POSITIVE MESSAGES Classic good vs. evil. The heroes of the story are willing to fight for what's right; they are brave and loyal. The badguys, on the contrary, are arrogant, power-hungry, and have no regard for life. Although we helplessly watch as Anakin falls... ROLE MODELS Anakin is a recklessly brave young Jedi, torn between following the Jedi rules and falling in love. He has moments of losing his temper, killing an entire village out of rage. As he falls deeper in love, he even decides that he is willing to stoop to lying to keep anyone from knowing. Obi-wan Kenobi, Anakin's mentor, is playing detective, trying to find an assassin. He is brave, although a little more cautious then Anakin. His sarcastic remarks and frequent eye-rolling provide humor to the story. Padme is a strong, smart young woman, always willing to stand up for what's right. VIOLENCE A good deal of action, although never gruesome. Anakin finds his mother after she was captured by Tusken Raiders, and she dies right after he arrives. In rage, Anakin kills the whole village (we don't see very much of it, although he tells Padme about it later). One badguy is decapitated (again, no blood). There are frequent lightsaber duels (Anakin's arm is cut off) and explosions. Another villain is shot with a poisoned dart. SEXUAL CONTENT Anakin and Padme mildly flirt, and kiss a few times. A few outfits are a little revealing. LANGUAGE Honestly, I've seen this movie at least 15 (maybe 20...sad, I know) times and I cannot recall a single use of "hell". One character sounds likes he's using "d--n", but judging by the accent, I think its really supposed to be "them". DRINKING Obi-wan and Anakin go into a bar/club while chasing an-almost assassin. People are seen drinking, but we are provided no clarification as to what those drinks are. A man offers Obi-wan "death sticks", which, again, no clarification as to what they really are. OVERVIEW War is coming. Sides will have to be chosen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethanct86 October 12, 2015

Not a great movie at all, but still entertaining.

I wouldn't say complete failure but either the acting or the script seems to fake and unreal. Hayden Christensen IS 100% the wrong cast, and Padme has gone down in anticipations. Your body is all tense (with the wrong kind of tenseness for a movie) except for C3PO and R2D2 who provided the needed relief. Padme wears many types of dresses, some reveal (as do many others). some passionate kissing and (very) sexual intercourse and conversations. Violence is expected. May be frightening at some parts.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Excellent Movie

I love this movie, and I hardly understood it (you can still trust my report). The violence is where Count Dooku cuts Anakin's arm off. That's pretty much it (there are other scenes with a tad of violence). The language is a bit stiff (but not too stiff). Overall an excellent movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2013

OK

this movie was OK it still had boring political talk but it also had some awesome action, like the geonosis battle and anakin vs dooku. there isn't much real violence just lightsabers and blasters, but a character gets dicapitated and an arm gets cut off. but it is still ok.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2012

the best movie ever

I think that kids 7 & up it is a good movie
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2012

Women dress in see-through clothes.

Anakin and Obi-Wan enter a bar, and several women are dress in revealing outfits, with breasts visible and vaginas barely covered.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

STAR WARS 2

Great penultimate sci-fi adventure.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 January 6, 2016

Pee-yousa!

Star Wars movies are obviously critic proof, but after finishing episodes IV-VII, I decided to FINALLY go back and watch the prequels. "Phantom Menace" was exactly what I expected. I'd heard it was the first of the entire series, and how annoying Jar-Jar was. Well he was, but as usual the internet overhyped how bad it was. It was okay. But this movie. Woof. They got rid of Jar-Jar but they put in the equally offensive Hayden Christensen. HE IS SO BAD IN THIS MOVIE. His chemistry with Natalie Portman IS SO BAD IN THIS MOVIE. I watched this with a Star Wars fan, seeing it for the 4th time, and there was groan after groan of having to hear these two interact, and then awkwardly kiss, and then exchange nonromantic dialogue. This is coupled with the bloated digital effects. This is a Star Wars movie. Why'd no one til Lucas his script was awful? There are great moments with Obi-wan and Django Fett that almost remind you you're in a Star Wars film but...they're so fleeting. It's so boring. It's so bad. It's not Star Wars. It's "Attack of the Senses."
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge critic December 28, 2015

Sequel is fairly better but much more intense then the first

My rating:PG-13 for sequences of violence and action and intense images
Teen, 14 years old Written byFathomT December 17, 2015

My least favorite

The one dimensional characters, wooden acting, and stilted dialogue of Phantom Menace remain, but this time, George Lucas decided to torture us with a romance between two characters who's actors have NO CHEMISTRY AT ALL!!! There are action sequences that are fun, but the rest of the film is excruciating. There is about the same amount of violence as the first one, but there are some bad takeaways as well. In my opinion, the franchise's view of romantic love as a distraction is one of the worst messages that they could possibly send to children! This one is less unnecessarily loved by children than the first one, but Star Wars obsessed children may rewatch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 October 19, 2015

Honest to god this is a bad movie

This is the worst of the entire franchise, it's basically just the start of the fabled clone wars, it also marks the start of Anakin's plummet to the dark side and I don't know why it's called attack of the clones because they never really attack anybody so you're just watching a completely worthless, disposable clone army fight a worthless, disposable droid army, seriously there's no need to get emotionally involved in any of this crap
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 26, 2015
Violence includes someone getting their hand cut off, someone getting slashed by a lightsaber, and (spoilers) Anakin darkly goes into a Tusken Raider camp and murders everyone there. no language. Lots of romance but nothing more than kissing.