Kid reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Great action, intense mood, but romance may bore kids.

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2020

Still a good movie, but bad actors

I watched this movie with my mom, and she just said:"These are the worst actors I have ever seen." I also thought so. The first one wasn't to good, but the next? It was even worse. The film itself was great. There's a lot of romance, which was really annoying. The worst was in a battle of clone troopers and droids. Someone's head gets sliced off by a lightsaber, but you see no blood or gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 March 16, 2019

Darker, better, but still doesn't live up to others

This movie is darker than the first movie. But this movie is also better but sill doesn't live up to the other Star Wars movie. I think this movie is better because at the end there is a big battle(Jedis V.S Robots/sci-fi creatures) which may entertain young ones. I think this movie is more violent because there is more sci-fi violence in this movie. This is better than the 1st movie. I highly suggest 9+ to watch this movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2018

Horrible

At Least it's better than Disney-Star Wars

Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - There is a brief sequence where one of the main characters bloodlessly kills a number of human-like creatures (this is very brief and mostly off-screen). Another main character also becomes wounded after receiving a scratch from a large tiger-like creature and another character is bloodlessly decapitated. A head-but is administered by one of the main characters to another character and there are various battle scenes (one of which includes a main character's hand being cut of by a 'lightsaber') where creatures are killed bloodlessly. A character is shot and killed by a dart (we hear the noise but to do not see the dart). None of these scenes have a major impact and are only mildly intense.

Sex/Nudity: None (Although there is an ongoing 'forbidden' relationship between two of the main characters which is only mildly intense in some scenes).

Horror: Mild - A character witnesses the death of his mother (she is not killed but is dying from becoming too weary after being captured) but despite being the most emotionally intense thing in the film this is still brief and discreet. The characters are menaced by (and, in the case of one character, hurt by) animal-like creatures in a colosseum. Characters are taken by surprise in a tunnel full of creatures armed with 'laser-beam guns'. A young character mourns his dead father who has been decapitated (he holds his father's head, concealed by a helmet, in his hands). All of these scenes/sequences are either brief or handled with a mild intensity.

Language: None.

Drugs/Alcohol: Very mild - Someone tries to sell one the main characters "death sticks" (presumably a type of drug) which he declines and advises the seller (through mind-control) to "go home and re-think his life". It is unlikely that this will be of any concern to children.

Overall: Mild themes. There are some moderate concepts addressed such as dealing with the loss of a parent which may well lead to questions being asked by more inquisitive children. These are, however, handled briefly and within the context of fantasy. Younger children may also be frightened by the creatures in the colosseum.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarthVaderfanboy2002 June 5, 2015

Not appropriate. Should have been rated PG-13.

A villain is decapitated, loads of people die, one being a main character's mother, that main character's mother is very sad, a lot of aliens are murdered in one scene, although most of it is off screen it is mentioned that even some alien children were killed, lots of creepy sexual dialog since this movie is part time a love story and a woman's a** can be scene in a bar scene. I don't suggest teens and adults watch this movie either. The dialog is bad and 99% of the movie is computer generated. Skip this. Skip all the prequels.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkywalkergirl15 October 14, 2010

Awesome! But not as good as revenge of the sith.

Really awesome movie but kind of innapropriate because padme and Anakin do some kissing and also a lot of "oh Anakin i love you so much" or "by heart is beating, hoping that this kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me" kind of talk. For older kids, It's definitely not as good as revenge of the sith but still good. I would also be a little concerned about violence for the younger ones.

Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

Best movie ever

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! it's sooooo good. the visual effects are awesome and the action is really fun and not that graphic. the most epic scene is the beginning of the Clone Wars on Geinosis and the arena fight. also on Geinosis. same with the amazing droid factory scene. again on Geinosis. i really like the beginning with Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Zam Wessel through the streets of Coroscant. Anakin also slaughters Tuskin Raiders in a scene but it's not shown

Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 2, 2010

great movie!! i loved it!

i love this movie, because it's about the clone troopers.
i would say this movie is not for kids under 12 or 11 years because it has a lot of battle and you see how somebody's
head gets cut of.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Its stupid

This movie is dumb
Teen, 15 years old Written byI prefer anonymity July 7, 2021

Good but not great

I did quite enjoy this film in the majority. However, their were several quite obvious and egregious acts of lack of care Implemented throughout this film. Despite the, on some occasions, decent storytelling and imaginative battle scenes this movie didn't occur to me to contain an abundant amount of substance and frankly, life. After watching this film, I now have the indelible whining and overall annoyance cast by Anakin stuck in my head. I would recommend watching this film over "The Phantom Menace" any day.

Kid, 8 years old June 24, 2021
Teen, 13 years old Written bytomatoking June 21, 2021
Teen, 17 years old Written byDeadpool17 May 8, 2021

Teen, 14 years old Written byKittyPaw April 15, 2021

I liked it

A lot of people hate it, but I don't really see why. What really bothers me is people who say "nobody talks like that," like how culturally insensitive is that? But everyone thinks it's fine since they're invalidating a culture that doesn't actually exist. But that doesn't send a good message to kids to say that.

Honestly, I think the action is amazing, and the romance is pretty realistic given the circumstances and the lives of the characters. Very important as it establishes Anakin's dark side a litle more. Actually a very good movie in my opinion.

Kid, 8 years old March 29, 2021

A little more graphic, and romantic but still one of my choices for kids.

My rating: PG for mild violence and romance

Teen, 14 years old Written byGusAllen9 March 2, 2021

Pretty Good Star Wars Film, if you take out some of the actors

Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2021

I know it sounds weird but TO MUCH CGI!

They over did the CGI in this one and it’s just kinda boring some of the action is fun and intense but it bored me because of the amount of CGI! It’s an appropriate film for 9 year olds but it might bore them with all its CGI and stupid romance it’s just bad. The most inappropriate parts are just the fight scenes there’s a giant CGI battle which almost blinded me it’s kinda entertaining but it’s overlong and boring, Anakin gets his hand sliced off by a lightsaber and there’s some scary creatures. Plus there’s a stupid love story which didn’t need to be there in the first place.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysurfer589 February 17, 2021

The only line I can remember from this movie is Hayden Christensen whining, "I don't like sand."
...
This movie is my least favorite Star Wars movie. The actors are not that good (Ewan McGregor is, though...and Yoda) and the dialogue in this movie was kinda cheesy. A lot of romance between Anakin and Padme. This movie is not especially memorable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNonsensical_Reviews January 9, 2021

Intense violence but dull plot in prequel sequel.

Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones is a 2002 Star Wars movie directed by George Lucas and starring Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee, Temuera Morrison, and Ian McDiarmid.

Language(1/5): One use of "damn good" in a conversation by Dettster Jettster.

Sex(1/5): Lots of focus on the love relationship between Padme and Anakin, with some kissing in the flirtations. Cleavage in her outfit is sometimes seen.

Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking: Drinking in bars that are undentified.

Violence(4/5): Tons of destruction and sci-fi peril, including droids and aliens being mutilated by lightsabers, explosions, spaceship chases, blaster fights, intense images, the death of Anakin's mother with bloody wounds, and injuries.

Positive Messages(3/5): Messages about the greater good and courage.

Positive Role Models And Representations(3/5): Anakin struggles with his identity in good through love, but other than murdering a group of tuskin raiders, he generally makes good decisions. Every character other than the villain is also courageous and kind.

Quality(opinionated): One of Star Wars' weakest has mediocre writing, bad acting, and an uneven balance of action and romance.

(My rating)
PG
For sequences of sci-fi violence and intense images.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThi Missen December 17, 2020

Such a wasted opportunity of a film

Being a die hard star wars fan i have to say this film and its prequel are total dissapoitments. The plot of the film is very confusing and if you don’t understand I do not blame you. A lot of the film focuses on the relationship between Anakin and Padme which can get very boring for younger viewers who want to see action. In terms of violence, Anakin loses a hand at the end of the film and Jango Fett (one of the antagonists) has his head cut off without blood, there isn’t too much to worry about with this scene although it may disturb some people. All in all it is a dissapointing film and even though watching the brilliant clone wars series I struggle to understand the entire plot!