All parent member reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Adult Written byamheusser April 9, 2008

Are you kidding?!

I can't believe there has been no outrage over the issue of Anakin killing frightened children!!!! The scene was left intentionally vague, but then was clarified several times, just in case you weren't sure. Why not just have him blow up the Jedi temple, without getting specific about who was in there? Otherwise, the good/evil message was a little mixed - it was interesting that they showed atrocities in the name of 'galactic peace.'
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 July 20, 2010

The Star Wars Finale is great for High Schoolers and up, but may be too violent for younger audiences

Star Wars III is probably George Lucas's greatest Star Wars film ever created. It's the one movie that every SW junky knew the ending to, but still coulnd't believe what they saw. The movie was a bit more violent than the previous SW films. Among noticeable scenes are Mace Windu deflecting lightning from Palpatine, Darth Vader's killing off of the Trade Federation, and his incineration. There is also once scene where Anakin is shown igniting his lightsaber in front of scared Jedi children, although it cuts before it shows any "action." It is merely implied he kills them off. The scene may be too emotionally intense for younger children.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySteven Matthews August 14, 2009

Too Violent

The scene with Anakin being burned and then some sort of horrible squirming figure left behind is too much for young children.
Adult Written byjul29 April 9, 2008

Caution : Violent

This movie was so much more violent than the oth SW movies & the fact that Darth Vadar actually kills children is terrible. Definitely not a movie for children & only children who are a mature 13 & over should see it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010

10x more violent than the others.

this movie is not rated PG like the others. its rated PG-13.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 1, 2009

it is violent but 5 and up could probably see it

it rocks but it wasnt one of my favorite movies id give it 4 stars
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Dark and moody, not for little fans

Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith

This is the film where Anakin Skywalker transforms into the evil Dark Lord (Darth Vader). This is (in my opinion) the worst film in the Star Wars Saga. There is action-packed Sci-Fi violence that is definitely inappropriate for anyone under 9. There is also references to Padme's pregnancy, and a mild birth scene is shown on camera. Disappointing film! My Classification: M - Stylised Violence
Parent Written byChristy Deckys April 9, 2008

Great movie

This is a great movie but alot of violence and eval. Anybody under 13 should not see it.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur November 9, 2015

My personal favorite of the series

This one has always been my favorite of the series, it's so intense and it's MUUUUUCH darker than the phantom menace and attack of the clones, a really tough sled in its own way, and it introduces us to the most awesome fictional villain you could ask for, DARTH VADER, and going into episode IV, James earl jones is the perfect darth Vader, his performance is amazing and his voice is just haunting, I could listen to James earl jones's voice all day and never get tired of it, he's just that great lol
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycaptain greg March 10, 2010
This is a dark version of the popular movie. The motivation for the main character's actions may be too mature or subtle for younger kids. The violent battles can be distrubing. But for older kids and adults, this is a very good movie.
Parent of a 8, 12, and 16 year old Written bylauradavis723@m... January 25, 2016

A gory movie for a 8 year old

I'm 8 years old and Revenge of the Sith is violent, bloody and gory. This movie is made for teen Star Wars lovers. If your children are afraid of guts or lava then don't let them watch it
Adult Written byacodg December 11, 2015
Not as violent as you think . To check their maturity show them a super tame though violent rated r film . If the freak out turn of the movie . If they don't show them this movie
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

Revenge Of The Sith

The best! This is my favourite star wars movie! I'm a massive star wars fan! But at the end the first time I watched Revenge Of The Sith, the Emporer does a operation on Anakin after he was burnt up on Musterfar, you can see all his red burnt up fleash which is disguisting.
Parent Written bynnnddd January 13, 2010

Come on parents, it's not Dark Knight or anything!

Great movie, my son saw it when he was 9 years old, no problemo.
Adult Written bysherpa momma May 31, 2009
My eight year old daughter watched this and totally melted down at bedtime. She's still crying because she is too scared to go to sleep. My mistake... lesson learned. Too violent.
Adult Written byjesslynn April 9, 2008

Good movie but...

I didn't care for the GRAPHIC lava scene. I am glad I didn't take my 4 yr old.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I experienced the "dark side" with this movie...scary!!!

I knew that Star Wars:Episode 3-Revenge of the Sith was going to be a "dark" movie because it shows good people turning evil and that was hard to see. I enjoyed it because I knew the story line (after being a fan of Star Wars from the beginning), but I would not let my daughter and son, who are both younger than 13 see it because I feel it would be too violent for them. This is unfortunate because my kids have enjoyed the other episodes. Overall, it is a good movie for anyone over 13.
Adult Written bympr18c April 9, 2008

Best of the Series but leave the little ones home!

I went to see the film last night by myself since my ex wife had reservaions about letting our 9 and 10 year old see the film. Well as much as I'd hate to agree with my ex, I can see where there might be some concerns. While this isnt "Braveheart", some scenes were a bit disturbing....Anakin burning, dismemberments, and most troubling the death of the "younglings" by Anankin. While the violence is not shown, the aftermath is. Clearly this will be troubling to young children. Despite the preceding, I thought the movie was quite good with excellent effects, pacing, and action. Certainly if this is the last of the series, it's ending on a very good note! I enjoyed the movie but knowing my kids, I think we'll have to wait for the DVD so they mature a bit before seeing it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymark4180 March 13, 2016

Parent of 6 year old girl

Best of the prequels and one of the best of the series. My six year old daughter loved it and wasn't scared. She is a Star Wars fan though and I can see more sensitive children being scared. Out of the seven films it is by far the darkest.