All teen and kid member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2010

Amazing for kids 9+

I loved this! My sister and I watched it and love it. We skipped over some of the more gruesome parts: Darth Vader choking a man, the burnt bodies, and the alien losing a limb when he tries to hurt Luke Skywalker. I think this is fine for kids nine and up as the neat special effects aren't so new nowadays, they'll be used to seeing monsters blown up. I did find the Galactic Empire blowing up an INHABITED planet a little creepy, but as all you see is a big bang and some big smoke clouds it isn't too bad. Both boys and girls should like this as Princess Leia is a really strong female character.
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2010

good but watch out for the violence

It is pretty good. The only violence that concerned me was the part where a aliens limb is choped off (blood is shown). The first time i heard a bad word I thought I was just thinking that i was hearing thing, but after a few more I was surprised. The language includes he** d**m and there might have been more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycraiger13 February 23, 2016

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES!!

nothing inappropriate or wrong
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

One of the best movies ever made

An amazing movie, I grew up on these movies. This, along with Empire and Jedi are the GOOD Star Wars movies. The new ones aren't in the same league. Classic, must see. In fact, if you aren't letting your kids watch this, you're a bad parent. Should be required viewing for all people everywhere.
Kid, 8 years old January 30, 2016
C'était génial !!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrapshooter35 January 15, 2016

Star Wars: An Amzing Movie

Star Wars : A New Hope is an amazing movie. It is an incredible action-packed film. I would recommend this movie to anyone. It starts off with a young boy named Luke Skywalker. Luke is brave, but is also whiny at times. He later meets Han Solo who is cocky and is usually only in it for the money. Luke and Han end up teaming up to go save Princess Leia from the Evil Galactic Empire. Luke and Han continue their adventures throughout the rest of the movie. There is some violence in the movie, but I would still consider it a family movie. Most os the violent scenes aren't to graphic. There is some very mild language in the film. Overall, this movie is definitely worth watching.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWaynerdude January 15, 2016

A new hope more like new begging

Star Wars episode 4 was an amazing movie. You see a way of the force you've never seen before. Oh and ther is violence. And why mine is called what it is because you get 3 new people and 2 new droids not going to give it away but ya darth vader comes back and is a little creepy and sorry I say this 1 person dies.
Kid, 6 years old June 25, 2010

star wars 4

Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013

One of the Most Groundbreaking Sci Fi Movies of All Time

This is one of the most groundbreaking sci fi movies ever. It caused a sensation when it came out. There's some violence, and that's the only thing that's an issue. There's also some scenes that might be scary for little kids. There's also good messages and role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller February 21, 2016

Highly recommended

While this is by no means a masterpiece, it started the trilogy that when taken together is a masterpiece. Just expect some violence and jarring scenes (I was most troubled by the trash compactor). The movie is made a bit scarier because it was made so long ago. Unlike Episode I, the sets aren't polished, which makes the movie seem more real and gritty. Still, I'd recommend this to any family. And to be clear, this is the first Star Wars movie you should watch. NOT Episode I. Start the series off on a good note, please!
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2012

One of The Greatest Sci-Fi Films Ever Made. Changed Movie-Making Forever!

Star Wars is the biggest science fiction/fantasy franchise in history, and in my opinion, it certainly deserves it. With the insane special effects, iconic characters, and ability to reach and be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of race, age, or religion, these films have inspired countless kids (Including me!) to want to work in the film business. All of these films are amazing, (Minus Phantom Menace, which was good, not great.) and Episode lV: A New Hope is no exception. The characters are simple but not one-dimensional, and the action is fun and engaging. And though this film is not as violent as many modern action films, there is some stuff to watch out for when viewing it with younger children. In the cantina scene, an alien starts a fight, and gets his arm cut off with a lightsaber. You then see the arm on the ground with some blood. Besides that scene, the only violence is pretty cartoony and there's no blood to speak of. Besides that and some minor curse words like h-ll and d-mn, this is the perfect film to watch with young sci-fi/action fans.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDerezzination June 7, 2011

It was rated a U for a reason

I watched this at age 4 and i found it the coolest thing ever. I was never really bothered about the violence and i see characters such as luke to be a good role model for kids as he has a blue lightsaber, not a red one.
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

STAR WARS 4

first installment of sci-fi fad left me obsessed with Star Wars for 3 years.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2010
classic, but what they didn't put on there, was that Han says h-ll and da-n one or two times.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Not perfect but definitely better than the phantom menace

Suggested rating: PG for sci-fi action violence and brief mild language
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

Cool.

This was a great Star wars film. The graphics and action were so amazing. I recommend this film to any Star Wars fan.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2012

Awesome!

This movie is terrific! Plenty of action, good story, and great acting. Spectacular!
Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2013

Good, but not the best

The film is ok but not as good as the other Star Wars films. It is quite boring, but the fights are good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope Review

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
There is a few cuss words like h-ll and d--n.