All teen and kid member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2010

Amazing for kids 9+

I loved this! My sister and I watched it and love it. We skipped over some of the more gruesome parts: Darth Vader choking a man, the burnt bodies, and the alien losing a limb when he tries to hurt Luke Skywalker. I think this is fine for kids nine and up as the neat special effects aren't so new nowadays, they'll be used to seeing monsters blown up. I did find the Galactic Empire blowing up an INHABITED planet a little creepy, but as all you see is a big bang and some big smoke clouds it isn't too bad. Both boys and girls should like this as Princess Leia is a really strong female character.
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2010

good but watch out for the violence

It is pretty good. The only violence that concerned me was the part where a aliens limb is choped off (blood is shown). The first time i heard a bad word I thought I was just thinking that i was hearing thing, but after a few more I was surprised. The language includes he** d**m and there might have been more.
Kid, 6 years old June 25, 2010

star wars 4

Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

One of the best movies ever made

An amazing movie, I grew up on these movies. This, along with Empire and Jedi are the GOOD Star Wars movies. The new ones aren't in the same league. Classic, must see. In fact, if you aren't letting your kids watch this, you're a bad parent. Should be required viewing for all people everywhere.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2010
classic, but what they didn't put on there, was that Han says h-ll and da-n one or two times.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Not perfect but definitely better than the phantom menace

Suggested rating: PG for sci-fi action violence and brief mild language
Teen, 14 years old Written byWaynerdude January 15, 2016

A new hope more like new begging

Star Wars episode 4 was an amazing movie. You see a way of the force you've never seen before. Oh and ther is violence. And why mine is called what it is because you get 3 new people and 2 new droids not going to give it away but ya darth vader comes back and is a little creepy and sorry I say this 1 person dies.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDerezzination June 7, 2011

It was rated a U for a reason

I watched this at age 4 and i found it the coolest thing ever. I was never really bothered about the violence and i see characters such as luke to be a good role model for kids as he has a blue lightsaber, not a red one.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
There is a few cuss words like h-ll and d--n.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 8 years old January 30, 2016
C'était génial !!!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2016

Star Wars:A New Hope

Star Wars A New Hope is a great family movie. There's only two cuss words, there's no sexual content. No drug or alcohol mention, there's some violence there's not much blood. I would recommend this film for 10 and older, because younger children may not understand. George Lucas met for Star Wars to awake some kind of spiritual effect on kids. Star Wars has a religious effect for all religions but mostly Zen Buddhism religion. Some of the religious schools use Star Wars as an example of God. But other then that Stars Wars is a really good movie I really recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrapshooter35 January 15, 2016

Star Wars: An Amzing Movie

Star Wars : A New Hope is an amazing movie. It is an incredible action-packed film. I would recommend this movie to anyone. It starts off with a young boy named Luke Skywalker. Luke is brave, but is also whiny at times. He later meets Han Solo who is cocky and is usually only in it for the money. Luke and Han end up teaming up to go save Princess Leia from the Evil Galactic Empire. Luke and Han continue their adventures throughout the rest of the movie. There is some violence in the movie, but I would still consider it a family movie. Most os the violent scenes aren't to graphic. There is some very mild language in the film. Overall, this movie is definitely worth watching.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImBubbles January 15, 2016

Lightsabers for the win!!!

Star Wars, a new hope, was a great movie. It is a movie about a kid named Luke Skywalker who works for his uncle on a farm. He finds an interesting message from a special droid. The message leads to a very exciting adventure including epic lightsaber battles, awesome escapes, and a great story. I give this movie 5 out of 5 bubbles. It is very well-made and definitely worth watching. This movie has great role models and teaches kids to be courageous and brave. There is very little violence except for one scene where one guy gets his arm cut off. Overall it is a great movie and I definitely recommend watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmgrace January 15, 2016

MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU

Do you like action and adventure? If you do, you would like Star Wars IV "A New Hope." It is about the imperial empire wanting to take back the Death Star plans that fell into hands of the rebellions. This whole while Luke, just an ordinary kid, learns to use the force through an extraordinary Jedi. Joining him a man and his odd friend. Luke ends up helping the rebellion try to defeat the Death Star. I rate this movie 4 out of 5 for family friendly because of the violence and I would suggest children not older than nine or ten to watch this. Overall I would say that Star Wars IV "A New Hope" is a fairly good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMakennadejong January 15, 2016

A new hope... For you to read this review.

Star Wars is an exciting movie about a war between the dark side and the light side. Although there is violence, I would recommend this for anyone above six years old. Star was is a great family and over all movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjackson9 January 15, 2016

pew pew...BOOM

Star was is a classic and it always will be. I believe (if we hadn't gotten blown up in nuclear war) Star Wars will still be watched by millions. Star Wars begins with Luke sky walker and Obi-Wan kanobi and how they end up with two droids with a secret message. The message contains plans for the rebellion on how to destroy the empire, and now these two besties needs to get this message to the rebellion. They both find two pilots to take them to the rebellion base and there is many "encounters" with the empire. The worldview is that someone or something that controls and has power over everything (Aka: a God). George Lucas shows this as the force in Star Wars and raises many new questions. Star Wars is amazing and should be watched by everyone...I hope you enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGblade January 14, 2016

The Film will be with you... Always!

My personal favorite 70's film of all time. This film does have some violence and has some language in it but this film has a great story line, great role models and some amazing action scenes. Luke Skywalker demonstrates that you should always believe in yourself. May the force be with you!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewCoop January 14, 2016

Best Movie Ever Made

Star Wars: A New Hope is a great movie. I have watched this movie a few times and never get tired of it. A summary of this movie is: A farm boy starts his hero’s journey by entering the rebellion against an evil empire. With him he has secret plans, bizarre droids, and a connection with the force (an energy field which surrounds us and penetrates us and has two sides: a light and dark) . The message George Lucas wanted from this movie was a spiritual awakening in younger people and for them to think at a more spiritual and higher level. For younger children watching there are a few brief and unpleasant scenes like an arm being severed, choking, and cursing (d**n), but there are good things like positive messages and good role models. This is one of my favorite movies, I would highly recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics January 11, 2016

Great Movie

This movie is such a classic. I have seen it 3 times and have not been bored once. It is kitchy and good, and everyone should enjoy it. Also, it is a national phenomenon, so everyone SHOULD watch it. You will enjoy it a lot!