All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

Ewok-filled finale less Force-ful than previous.

Teen, 13 years old Written byobiwanmichael1 November 26, 2011

Let your kids watch this film! It's good for them!

Luke is a awesome role model, as is Anakin Skywalker in the end. Also, the Leia bikini isn't a issue. I've seen worse at the beach!
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Best of the first 3.

My friends and I are willing to watch this one over and over. Not as good as Revenge of the Sith or Attack of the Clones, but the 3rd best. Genius. Iffy for 5+.
Parent Written bycoolkid007 September 5, 2013

good for 12 and up

It was a good movie not a good finale though because they are making episode seven. It contained two or three suggestive scenes with leia in abikini, there is a d word said, of course there is violence. My rating PG-13 for sci-fi action violence, suggestive scenes and brief mild language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Not nearly as violent--or great--as "A New Hope" or "The Empire Strikes Back".

My rating: PG for some sci-fi violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2010

Great movie

It a great ending. Good battles.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCodyindiana32 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Lots of Fun

A very fun movie...not exactly 'smart', but extremely entertaining and has some exciting action scenes. Also, I love the opening with Jabba the Hut, along with the chase through the forest that is my favorite portion of the film!
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 30, 2010

A very good movie, but not like "A New Hope"

I Like this movie. I like the little Ewoks, but the cutting between scenes slows it down. I like the Lapti Nek sequence. Don't get the Special edition. I highly reccomeded it
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010
This is the perfect ending to the Star Wars saga. It resolves everything. I love it!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster December 25, 2015

"I'm a Jedi like my father before me!" -Luke Skywalker

This film has it all. "Return of the Jedi" has the most action in all of the original trilogy. It's PG rating comes from a good deal of sc-fi violence and action, but all of it is bloodless, and not gory. The story continues, and Luke Skywalker is now a Jedi Knight, and after rescuing Han and Leia from the famous "Jabba the Hutt", he learns more about his father from Yoda: he is indeed Darth Vader, and he must confront him one last time. There is no language to speak of other then a few "Shut ups", and sex is limited to Princess Leia in a bikini for about 15 minutes, although it's not that revealing, and you'd see worse at the beach. Action is frequent: Luke cutting people down with his Lighstaber (all bloodless and no limbs lost), people getting eaten by a giant worm, an alien is strangled with a chain, (he's a bad guy) and lots of blaster-fire, ship-battles, and a lightsaber duel. The emperor is clearly evil, and he try's to make Luke turn to the dark-side, using his anger and fear to make him powerful. Luke knows this is not right, and the emperor electrocutes him with force-lightening while he writhes in pain and screams. All ends well, but that scene may be a little to intense for the youngest "Skywalker Fanatic". Also, if your child has a fear of dinosaurs, Luke is attacked by a giant "Rancor" which resembles a t-Rex in apearance, and it eats a few aliens. Enjoy this amazing film of the 20th century.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2012

iffy for pre-teens

me and my friends found this episode in the star wars chronicles extremely disturbing. If your kids are 10 & under, or emotionally sensitive, definitely take breaks when intense, and talk about what has happened so far. If too intense for young ones, leave it for the night and watch the rest the next day. Also, consider watching in the day-time, as late night scares can result in nightmares.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010

A CLASSIC

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

A phenomenal finale to the Star Wars trilogy. A must see for those who havn't.
Parent Written bybrojackthe3rd February 18, 2012

Nice

great movie for everybod
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
the only cuss word said is h-ll once by han solo.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey August 15, 2009

Who doesn't like Star Wars?

I love star wars! Hardly anything suggestive. If you haven't seen it then why not? They're all great! And this one, in my opinion is the best one, even though George Lucas directed it. The Emporer may bother some people as he tortures Luke Skywalker.
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2012

Leia is almost naked.

Princess Leia is shown wearing a skimpy outfit--she has a metal brawlike top, and only a hanging drapelike bottom piece covers her vagina and bottom, so that if the piece was lifted you would see her privates. Jabba probably dressed her like that so that he could look at her privates,
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

STAR WARS 6

sixth movie is the best of the original trilogy.
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2012

Good but scary

Best out of the first 3 but is also the scariest out of the first 3 especially the end of it because sidios almost zaps Luke to death and it gave me the chills very scary but I like it
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2011

Ewok filled fantasy finale for kids

An excellent finale that is a must see for everyone. This one is certainly the tamest out of the original trilogy. While it does show the princess in a revealing costume it is still a great film for kids.