Kid reviews for Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Sci-fi violence, strong female characters in thrilling epic.

Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2017

Incredible Star Wars Film

This movie is amazing. It is worth the money. So much happens in this masterpiece, so much that I will need to see this again so I can remember everything that happens. Anyway, this is the most violent Star Wars movie in my opinion. There's not much blood, but so many people die. That is the main reason I rated this 10+. If your nine, mature and don't get nightmares much it'll be fine. There's no sex (two characters kiss though), the only swearing are things like 'damn' and 'hell'. There is some consumerism in one scene that takes place in a bar/pub/club (I don't really know exactly what it is). I didn't see any drugs, drinking or smoking (maybe there was some in the background of the bar scene). That's all! Like I said at the begging of the review, this film is amazing. And.....may the force be with you!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJwander007 December 16, 2017

A great film by Ryan Johnson, but hits a darker tone than Rouge One and The Force Awakens

I thought that the latest installment in the Star Wars franchise was a great film, but not for kids under 12 (Before you start, you need to know that every child is different, for example, when I was a kid I could hear any amount of bad language and would never repeat it, but violence grossed me out, and this contains minor spoilers). The first thing that makes this film not so “Kid-friendly” is its run time (2 hours 36 minutes I believe), and with many plots and sub-plots to keep up with, your kids may get bored. The second reason is its violence SPOILER BEGINS: Luckly, most of it is in one scene, when Rey is held hostage with Kylo, the imperial guards, and Supreme Leader Snoke (If your kid is sensitive to violence, I would ask them if they wanted to get popcorn/use the restroom now), in a brief moment, Snoke is cut into three pieces (Torso/Head, Hands, and Legs, if that matters) and in that same scene an imperial guard is thrown into a fan (No body parts shown, just blood). And the second violent scene, is when Luke attempts to kill emo Kylo Ren, and Kylo Ren kills Lukes young students instead (*coff coff Anikan Skywalker in the prequels) SPOILER ENDS: The final reason that this movie may not be appropriate for kids are the deeper meanings of the films, some of them your kids may understand such as SPOILER BEGINS: The business of war, Rey’s fight between good/evil “finding her place” deciding if she should even fight because she is convinced she means nothing by Kylo, knows Resistance is crumbling, she most likely would die fighting for it, why should she fight, if the Ressistance will die anyway (Please don’t kill me for this), kind of similar to Logan’s struggles in (guess) Logan, Luke’s “Death”, not understanding if Kylo is a bad guy or not, why Luke almost killed Kylo, why Luke “died”, although they may relate to the fight between good and evil, heroism, and the three sides to every story. SPOILER ENDS: I could go into more detail, but I know this is long enough as it is, (Btw I forgot to tell you this but there is virtually no (as I can remember) sex, a little swearing (however some insults hit deep) and there is a very diverse cast with good role models, and more or less good messages) If you’re still reading reading this, I would like to say thank you so much, and I hope I helped, and that you enjoy the film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIKnowMovies December 15, 2017

One of the best Star Wars movies

Sexy Stuff (1/10): There is some hugging, and some suggestive outfits, but everything is pretty tame. Violence (8/10): The whole movie there are explosions, in one scene someones body is sliced in two and half of his body falls to the ground, people are stabbed in the face, eye, heart, and many other areas. Language (4/10): Semi-Frequent, Damn, Bastard, Hell. Drinking and Drugs (2/10): There is some drinking at a casino. There are some really great messages about prejudice, and social class, hope, gambling, and many other things. Many of these messages are subtle so younger kids might not get them. My Rating: PG-13 for intense scenes of graphic violence, and brief language

Teen, 14 years old Written bysilveremilyy December 17, 2017

Mature, nuanced sequel surprises and delights

Rian Johnson's followup to The Force Awakens surpasses its predecessor, claiming its rightful place as one of the best movies in the entire saga. The Last Jedi builds upon the foundation set by the previous installment, so kids should be caught up on the lore. Morality is complex and realistic; none of the heroes are perfect, and Kylo Ren will have you questioning who's in the right. Young children will be easily confused by the complexity and texture of it all. Rey and Kylo have an intense connection that borders on lust, and Rey is noticeably flustered upon seeing Kylo shirtless and stares at his bare chest. Rose quickly kisses Finn before passing out. Maz drops a comment that may or may not be suggestive, followed by other characters exchanging uncomfortable looks. Aside from that, there's little to no sexual content. The violence is another story. There are some traumatic deaths. In one scene, a character is unexpectedly sliced to pieces, and you see the body parts fall to the floor. A woman is consumed by a fiery explosion. One of the most beloved characters in the entire franchise kicks the bucket in an oddly serene fashion. Another beloved character is sucked into the vacuum of space and seemingly dies, but is revealed to be alive. Some bloody injuries. Sci-Fi violence. Extras are seen drinking alcohol in a casino, and an alien implied to be drunk mistakes BB-8 for a coin slot. This movie has more swears than any other in the franchise, but it's nothing severe: damn, hell, a-s, and "lying bast-rd" are used several times (mostly by Poe) and Leia angrily says "get your head out of your cockpit." Kylo is easily the best villain in the franchise, better than Darth Vader. He's incredibly interesting and complex, but young children won't be able to appreciate his character. This movie isn't perfect by any means (why was that milking scene necessary, again?) but it's damn near close. Definitely worth multiple watches.

Kid, 9 years old December 13, 2017

Wow. Just wow.

You should really watch it! Although you may want to close your child's eyes in some scenes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byravenclaw62442 December 15, 2017

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!

(WARNING: there may be minor spoilers in this review. I try to warn you ahead of time for spoilers about the plot, but I am really sorry if you see anything you don't want to!!!) This movie was absolutely incredible!!! I went on opening night, and had been looking forward to the film for years. I was so impressed with the plotline, character development, acting, character development, and just the fresh take on a Star Wars film. Being an extreme Star Wars fan, I went into this movie with high expectations, and I was not disappointed. If you are expecting to see another Force Awakens, think again. Where TFA mirrored the original A New Hope, the Last Jedi reflects The Empire Strikes Back: it's ambiguous and nuanced, and nothing is black and white. No one is completely good or evil. Everyone is conflicted, which gives the film a more realistic feel, enhancing both the sad parts and the happy ones. I'm not saying that it didn't have its flaws; there were definitely parts I wasn't sure about. For about 20 minutes of the movie, I was conflicted about whether or not I liked it at all. The script was clumsy and fake-seeming in the beginning, and throughout the movie, there was too much unnecessary humor, taking However, the movie had more than redeemed itself by about one-third of the way through, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I also loved the characters. Kylo Ren and Rey were both developed further as characters, especially Kylo Ren. His flaws were exaggerated, but so were his strengths. Many fans dislike him, saying he isn't a satisfying villain, but I think this just makes him a more believable and relatable character. Here's what I thought about Rey: She was as smart, sensitive, capable, and determined as ever! She is still my favorite character in Star Wars. Okay, as far as violence, sex, language, and drinking/smoking go, this movie is no worse than any of the other Star Wars movies- in other words, ok for ages 9-10 and up. There were a few scary scenes for younger kids because of the violence. One of the characters is apparently stabbed with a light saber, and as in the rest of the series, there was a lot of use of weapons, especially blasters and light sabers. Anyway, The Last Jedi is amazing, tied with the Force Awakens for my favorite Star Wars movie ever, and you should definitely see it!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFordson Isht December 22, 2017

Worst Star Wars Movie

This movie is very disappointing. None of the questions that were raised in the Force Awakens was answered well. The movie was not the typical Sci-Fi Star Wars, instead it had a magical and mythical element that was never explained. I character dies for no reason it an unsatisfying way, and maybe it is the lack of Han Solo but this movie was not as enjoyable as the Force Awakens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAmazing Media December 16, 2017

Rian Johnson is Freaking Awesome!

This film had my heart beating really fast... which most films can't do. The best way to describe this movie is absolutely awesome, there are just so many moments that work so well, the movie brings the audience together in cheers and awe. What makes me so glad is that this film does not take the template of any other Star Wars movie. It's a truly wonderful thing when you can sit in a theater watching a fantastic movie... and really not know where it's going... every scene is an amusing, and sometimes mind-blowing surprise. Rian Johnson does a phenomenal job crafting the structure of this movie. What he was able to accomplish with the characters, old and new, was such a joy to watch. There is a whole new dimension that Johnson added to the souls of people we thought we new. He also has a fantastic knack for taking typical sci-fi tropes and turning them on their head. The choices that some characters make are so startlingly logical, it makes you realize how dumb people have been in past science fiction films. Additionally, some of the visuals in this movie dropped my jaw. There were audible gasps in the theater for certain scenes, simply because the cinematography was so breathtaking. The only problems I have with this movie are some of the cliches that were kept, and continue to plague the Star Wars movies. I have to credit the film makers for not doing them nearly as much as they did in The Force Awakens, but every once in a while something ridiculous would happen and it would take me out of the movie for a moment... but not to worry, I was pulled right back in to the epic tapestry of this movie. Parents should know that this movie is a bit darker than the force awakens. It's not so much that it's more violent, it's just that The Last Jedi has a more adult tone, so a lightsaber duel in the context of this movie, while no more graphic than The Force Awakens, holds much more weight... and is therefor more intense. I absolutely loved The Last Jedi, and it was so fun to see a well crafted Star Wars film with such passion behind and in front of the camera. This was a wonderful movie, full of fantastic action, hear warming moments, heart breaking moments, and it is full of incredible and completely unexpected surprises.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie lover190 December 14, 2017

Different but amazing

This movie is a much happier take of Star Wars. Violence as always but great role models. It is a must see and it is so surprising.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon_O'Quinn16 December 15, 2017

Absolutely amazing!

Call me crazy, but I think this might be right behind Empire in terms of the best Star Wars films, maybe even the best. Better than The Force Awakens by far. As for the target-audience, it's relatively the same, the new Star Wars movies are aimed at teens, but it's enjoyable for all ages as long as the younglings have parental guidance. The movie is fairly violent compared to the originals, and also contains more profanity than most Star Wars movies, a use of b**tard and a*s are used as well as damn and he'll like any Star Wars movie usually contains. Nothing too racy, a character pecks a character but that's it. There's some intense scenes but most are fine if you don't get scared easily, A very key character dies and I'll leave it at that, but it may upset kids. Overall, a very great movie! RIP Carrie Fisher.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWau15 December 15, 2017

The Greatest Star Wars Movie Ever, Without A Doubt

The eighth movie in the saga is the golden one. The greatest by a mile. Simply breathtaking. Shocking twist after shocking twist, this movie demonstrates a spectacular power never seen on screen before. You wouldn’t believe it unless you saw it. I am still shaking after watching this absolutely phenomenal movie. This is the magic you have been secretly waiting for all your life. Spectacular.

Teen, 15 years old Written byastropony December 14, 2017

One of the best ones yet!!

This Star Wars movie was seriously one of my favorites! It had a lot of action, and it was funny, too. If you haven't seen this movie, I strongly recommend going and seeing it!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byAriel C. December 23, 2017

Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi review

There are plenty of ideas to unpack and develop in the Star Wars franchise as a whole, but here is my brief summary. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is a worthy if slightly uneven (at times amusingly so) sequel to the The Force Awakens. It has been bashed relentlessly by hardcore fans, who went so far as to create a petition - at this moment not far short of 60K supporters - to strike the movie from the official "canon". While I would not go to such extremes, the movie nevertheless suffers from some very shoddy screenplay. The plot holes seem more numerous than The Last Jedi's predecessors, and even some of the more reasonable segments feel forced (no pun intended). Characters behave in denial of their previous attitudes and once or twice the viewer feels he is in the middle of a deleted scene; so out of place does it feel, it's almost laughable. The more I reflect on the movie, and the more reviews I read, the more I realise that Abrams set up a solid story that Johnson mostly tore down again. In spite of this, I enjoyed my cinema experience. It was a spectacle to behold. Rey, Kylo Ren, Snoke and the DJ were probably my favourite characters. Daisy Ridley makes a good protagonist again; Kylo Ren is a better developed, more interesting antagonist; Snoke (one of my highest hopes in the series - he's a beautiful work of CGI) makes a great villain, but plays a tragically minimal part (ARGHHH); the DJ similarly boasts of a small part, but I quite like his acting - some of the most convincing in the film, in my opinion. In regards to parental guidance, it must be noted that this film, and the series on a whole, contain Eastern mysticism and dualistic notions. The "Force", a thinly veiled Chi, supposedly moves and sustains the universe, effectively leaving God out of the equation. In The Last Jedi, a character assumes a Yogic position and levitates off the ground, even bilocating through the use of the "Force". In addition to this, femininity is constantly shown to trump masculinity, which is altogether NOT the idea of "equality". This push for women is senseless, and it doesn't drive for true femininity. Diverse characters also irritate me - it's a make-believe world, so stop shaping it purely to satisfy some people who confusedly think races are "under-represented". I don't understand why reports of an always darker sequel plague the internet. In my opinion, content-wise, The Force Awakens was as dark and darker than The Last Jedi. Revenge of the Sith outdoes them all. Apart from a particularly surprising and graphic scene in which one character is sliced in half with a lightsaber, this movie seems to cater towards a young audience, and violence is generally classic Star Wars fare - nothing much to worry about, in my opinion, in light of the other movies. Language is likewise light, although a little gratuitous and unnecessary at times. A casino scene includes some alleged revealing outfits, but personally I don't think you'll notice much, unless perhaps you are searching for it. The scene is brief and most of the gamblers are aliens. In one scene, a man is shirtless. In another, a man milks an odd sea-creature, which looks rather revolting. The Last Jedi, then, contains little in the way of mature content that past entries to the franchise have not. The quality of the story is dubious, but the effects and thrill of adventure will hopefully override the more negative aspects of the story.
Teen, 14 years old Written by1mbatt December 14, 2017

One of The Best Star Wars Films

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the newest installment in Star Wars series. While it may slow down in some areas, the overall film is great, but not the best. Some scenes could have been cut out, and some reveals could have been better, but the great moments truly are amazing. There is a scene feturing a shirtless Adam Driver, and a pretty creepy looking Sith Lord, but not too bad. Rey is a great role model for young children, never giving up and sticking to her guns. There is a scene at a casino, but nothing bad is shown. Many people call this film “bad” because they don’t like what Disney is doing to Star Wars, but I’ll say this: If you go into the movie wanting to hate it, you will. If you are more open minded, then it’s great. I assume that on multiple rewatches, it gets worse, but that’s every movie. Overall, pretty darn good.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysmj14 December 14, 2017

Incredible

As a huge Star Wars fan myself, I went in with a lot of speculation. And this movie went above and beyond. Without going into spoilers, this movie had plenty of space battles, and lightsaber fights, and things you would expect in a Star Wars movie. But it was a blast.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPipeCine December 15, 2017

Much more emotional and comical than it appears, "The Last Jedi" is an unusual follow-up in deified Star Wars canon

It seems untrue that a few fleeting two years ago George Lucas' subversive former-franchise gave its loyal legion of followers the start of an entirely unprecedented trilogy, due to the enthusiastic purchase of the sci-fi saga by Disney. Jeffrey Jacob Abrams was commissioned to implement "Star Wars" universe precise revamp in order to popularize and convert the stories into something more digestible for millennial audiences, investing a female in the leading role, a British actor as a rise-in-rebellion riot control Stormtrooper and a Latin American actor as an uncontrollable pilot, a triplet complementing each other among planets, creatures, landscapes and sensations as contemporary as familiar; just like human beings, films are also adopted in changing times. Today, buffs of yesteryear and newcomers are eagerly waiting for the sequel of "The Force Awakens", arriving in worldwide cinemas on 15 December 2017, in order to lessen the number of unknowns raised by the first film, likewise, it acts as a precursor for the titanic upcoming ending saga. The most successful, celebrated and cherished franchise of all time is already here brimming with brand new, groundbreaking and laudable proposals, stamped in the story by a potential filmmaker who has achieved the impossible: get the endorsement of Lucasfilm about to conceive another radically different trilogy, with characters, scenarios, approaches and themes never seen before; he calls himself as Rian Johnson and is here to stay. "The Last Jedi" is titled the latest entry in this huge galaxy. Dynamited controversy arose at the time when it was announced officially and publicly the name of this episode, causing hundreds of suspicions and therefore theories that connected and disconnected hypothesis about whether a possibility would be provided to find more than one Jedi in the tale. Did they allude Luke Skywalker as the last one? End the Jedi? Who are Rey's parents? What has the real reason Kylo Ren murdered his father? Is this movie featuring a new lightsaber color? Will Finn and Poe have a more personal relationship? Thousands and thousands of attractive questions came up on the web daily, Internet-using fans who theorized about the possible course of the second part, in which most of their questions have been solved. This episode of the saga continues to captained, as it's well known, by the heroes of "The Force Awakens", supposing to fragment the narrative into three important sub-plots, which must be interwoven coherently with the global war point around the dilemma of the force that this galaxy from far, far away confronts. Again, we return with Poe Damen as a daring pilot on a suicide mission, undaunted and over-confident along his army with the goal etched in his head: Fade the Dark Side. The first good thing to come to light about this character is that, with respect to the seventh installment, we have the pleasure of witnessing an Oscar Isaac more mature, just as fearless and less superficial, partly thanks to the increase of his time on screen; Resistance well-liked pilot gets the treatment he deserves for honor, although he remains a grateful time inside his spaceship struggling, he has the opportunity to guide the crew momentarily; likewise, Guatemalan actor's performance is human, charismatic and certainly charming. The second narrative arc corresponds to Finn and a brave new rebel played by Kelly Marie Tran. The duo embarks on an epic adventure almost like a buddy movie, fulfilling their function of fighting face to face with the aberrant amount of ships and enemies that stand in the way of the Light Side. It's important to underline the romantic impact that the couple gives, an interesting and fresh play that benefits from the good feeling that each actor permeates their characters. To close the narrative trio and, clearly, no less fundamental, is Rey, exactly in the same place where the previous flick ended. She is there to receive a formal training in order to, in one way or another, be enlighten by mighty Skywalker's force, as well as gets answers and holds the last Jedi's purpose high and proud: Start a new, focused and well-directed revolution. At this point, writer-actor Mark Hamill's character has more weight, teaching Rey the true meaning of the force through directives, keys, and advices that will turn her into the last great hope, one to which the future clings fearfully. Luke's living arrangements and reasons for the choice of hiding in such off-the-radar island are emotionally diffused, also, much of the conflict originated between the light and the dark side is clarified, allowing the introduction of old acquaintances with the aim of breaking down, once and for all, this war in the galaxies, we all know the ending. Although the first and much of the second act Rey shares the screen with Mr. Skywalker most times, there is a portentous narrative technique that connects her, in a very original spiritual way, with Kylo Ren. This pessimistic-thought, morally ambiguous and dictator boy shows an openly unaccustomed human perspective, it's perceptible in his eyes of neglect, loss and sorrow, Ren is stuck in a grey world, his actions are not fully dominated by wickedness and rancor toward Skywalker, in the same way, with the help of we witnessed, he exhibits an inevitable connection with the Light Side that leads him to strike up a certain relationship with Rey, he doesn't know what to do, doesn't know what to defend, however, over time, his heart is in cold, vileness and hatred, while his soul tries to emancipate, be honest and repent, his brain and heart are in full discompassing. In addition, other mythical characters also receive a surprising and deserved development. After the fatal news on the 27th of December last year on the death of Carrie Fisher, all eyes will be on her sad last performance in the franchise, since, luckily for the producers, the beloved and respected actress had already finished her work in Johnson's film. Watching Princess Leia Organa on screen for the very last time breaks everyone's heart, with every scene running something inside of me was really happy, but at the same time, something inside me was deeply sad to feel like I was saying goodbye to a loved one. The narrative arc of the princess is still based on women's empowerment, a peaceful warrior woman, in the heart and kindness of an unfading lady. I consider modern audiences will remember her by this last performance, full of hope, power and strength. It should be mentioned that although she's simply perfect within the story, this is not fully closed, IE everything looks as if she was going to be at the close of the trilogy, an alarming signal because Disney confirmed not resort to CGI to bring her back, then what will they be doing? Due to Han Solo's heartbreaking death, his reliable Wookiee warrior Chewbacca had to look for a new fellow traveler, and in part, that place has been filled by Rey. It's disappointing to contemplate how the furry biped behaves practically normal keeping in mind the loss of his friend. The screenwriters should have introduced, at least, a short reminder regarding the loss of Han in the form of respect, but to be honest, only one of the characters mentioned it in a rather punctual way, subtracting relevance to the assimilation of the act, possibly, this is one of the many aspects that were cut out of the already long footage, however, the spectator evaluates the audiovisual product hitting theaters, therefore, is it a flaw by: writer, director or editor? Judge for yourselves. While certain parts of the story Chewie is the right hand of Rey, the other period of time leads most of the comedy in the film, with the aid of some controversial tiny friends. Small, flat-muzzled avians that lived in the cliffs of Luke Skywalker's secluded island have become in one of the most original additions to the fantasy universe, personally, the Porg has been considered as the Groot of Lucasfilm. Johnson tries his luck in a not entirely explored field by the saga, inserting gags and one-liners that even recall the start-of-the-century comedies, in which the comical thing was focused more in situations than characters itself, therefore, while a huge rock destroy the wheelbarrow of a poor old lady, an adorable and inquisitive Porg imitates the actions of an angry Chewbacca, a great insertion, one necessary among such seriousness, problematic and violence. We also have the good fortune of enjoying again with the already classic artificial intelligence droids. BB8, just as his daring fellow Dameron, gets as more time on screen as more prominence, although of course, we are talking about a near-three-hour film, the increase in the runtime allowed editors to introduce a more specific dramatic and comical background. You can also enjoy brief but substantial apparitions of R2D2 and C-3PO. As an advice or a warning, there is a great surprise factor — of the many — that will replace the death of Solo in the previous installment, IE, this flick keeps shocking cardinal events for the course of the story that will leave you on the edge of your seats, with an analogue or more powerful impact that this one of Ren hurting his father's torso with a vengeful lightsaber. What is this obsession Mr. Vader has for killing characters with lightsabers? Regarding the new adds in terms of characters, three roles are those that stand out in importance and presence. The first one is the aforementioned Rose Tico, a three-dimensional maintenance worker introduced in a key point and although it presents absolutely nothing of her past, she stars one of the most poignant and deeply romantic scenes of the franchise. The second one concerns Golden-Globe-nominated Laura Dern, who, thanks to Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, must be placed at the forefront of the Resistance. Her tenacity and courage make this woman a fundamental character for the progress of the story, while on the way delivers a sophisticated, determined and as always superb Dern. Finally and personally the most unexpected participation is Puerto Rican Benicio del Toro's performance. Surrounded by complete secrecy and theories, DJ, the character played by "Sicario" actor, is a kind of intergalactic mercenary, corrupt moral, an expert in deciphering ultra-confidential codes. Currently, one of the most potential roles for following installments. It isn't uncommon to figure out some references or allegories of a political, social and economic nature in "Star Wars" movies. On this occasion, I found relevant and especially great treatment given to a current serious problem. Production and distribution of arms and other weaponry with the obvious purpose of perpetuating the (galactic) war is a positive pointing to the delicate situation that the American and European continent are going through, in addition to the saddening shootings and criminal attacks that have taken place mostly in North America. In the same way, moral conflicts can be detected with which any spectator can feel identified, in addition to representations about social and political problems that put at risk anyone who joins the dangerous vision of modern-day leaders. Technically, just wide-open eyes. The creative journeys the film proposes are irrefutably evocative, captivating and professionally realistic, enabling a thorough immersion in the voyage. Cinematography doesn't go far from its predecessor, however, it's important the radical change that gives Steve Yedlin for the pictures; Camera angles and movements (characteristic of the films) harmonize different technical components of the film, making a drastic improvement at the cinematographic level, the movements are more intimate and personal, there are a greater presence of close-ups, fast and dynamic movements in the battles and dolly variations or precise approaches in situations where more than two characters are on screen. The costumes keep the trend and the gigantic art team does a neatly magnificent job. It's known that this department designed a catastrophic amount of new creatures, many of which were left out of the movie, however, the few strange-animals seen are peculiar, original, unpleasant and engaging. A film of universal importance in cinema world cannot afford to insinuate the presence of green screen in the pictures, perhaps it's due to my congestion of knowledge a little more advanced in this type of features, maybe yes, however, there were whole sequences where I could only focus my attention on the dissonance between actors and background scenarios, I saw the green or blue screen, not literally, the contrast, in my view, is perceptible, nothing serious, but very detectable. John Williams, the always perfect John Williams. Master in compositions of sound masterpieces, the score manufactured for this film is, without hesitation, one of the most melodic, portentous and powerful of the entire franchise. Staying on traditional strings, the composer manages to beautify each scene with his traditional symphonies, melodies that are masterfully joined with the advance of the story. Ineffably, I had an inexplicable connection with the soundtrack of this feature film, it was something wonderful to listen again the emblematic anthem of the saga at the beginning, that made my heart stop, an act that would be repeated a couple of times later. Bravo, Maestro. Rian Johnson's "The Last Jedi" leads the spectator placidly into a legendary voyage of lies, revelations, and transformations motivated by an unexpected comical touch, an important social message, first-class performances and an unforgettable score, sadly, the script doesn't end up being perfect and although it manages to resolve many of the unknowns of the previous installment, doesn't propose others as a substitute, any of them is sufficiently suggestive to keep in suspense the devout fanatics during two years before the arrival of the last movie. With unaccustomed twists in the genre, risky but well-received decisions, Johnson makes his official letter of presentation to the galactic universe, one in view of knowing the new trilogy that is in the hands of the promising filmmaker. Without fear of being wrong, the director will get great things for "Star Wars" future, for now, has created and delivered a great Christmas gift: magnificent action sequences, moving performances and a more acute and intimate analysis of the already legendary characters: We love Rey, Finn and Poe.

Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2018

Good, but in some parts The Force Awakens was better

This film was AMAZING. Rian Johnson didn't do quite as good a job as JJ Abrams or George Lucas, but this film was still an epic sci-fi fantasy in a long time ago at a galaxy far far away. There is a bit of swearing (damn, a-s,hell, bas-ard) so it's very mild. The violence is heavy with lasers and explosions, but it's mostly bloodless. Also there is one small kiss before a character passes out. Rey is a very nice roll model for all girls to know that not just because you're a girl or you're weak you can't be taught. Overal, this is a very nice movie and my entire family (including my 7 year old brother, who loves Star Wars,)enjoyed the movie and most 9 year olds can take it

Teen, 13 years old Written bySquireCh December 24, 2017

When it was bad it was terrible, When it was good it was amazing

Characters were terribly written and humor was forced. Also, were some of the “cute” animals necessary? Once we got to the second part of the movie it was better.

Teen, 15 years old Written bystarfan December 17, 2017

Good, but a little disappointing

The movie filled in some of the gaps, (spoiler warning) but Rey's parents were just "nobodys"??? Come on, I've been waiting for something like, your Palpatine's or even Luke's daughter. One thing that is possible is that the writer is trying to throw us off.Still I got to wait another two years to find out??? Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDmurnin December 16, 2017

SPOILERS IN THIS POST!

First of all, kids 8 and younger will not be able to handle the deaths in this movie. I counted 4 named characters who appeared in TFA who died in this one. I counted 3 new named characters who died in this one as well, I gave it 11+ because there is definitely sexual tension in this movie.