All parent member reviews for Stellaluna

Parent of a 5 year old Written byYogaMommy September 28, 2013

Too much natural world reality for little children

My 5 year old was really disturbed by the animals in peril in this film. There are some pretty scary scenes involving an owl nearly eating some of the main characters. Also there is a separation of parent and child which can be very scary for young children. I think it scared her more than other films in part due to the reality of the peril. Owls do really eat baby bats and mama birds, whereas superheroes and villains are not at all real. Consider carefully if your child is sensitive to these things.
Parent Written bymanelk November 8, 2014

Sweet film but too scary for my four-year old

This movie is sweet and it is very similar to the book; however my four-year-old who has heard the book many times found it really scary. She did not like it when Stellaluna lost her mother and she really didn't like it when, towards the end of the film, the horned owl took the mother bird. I wish I'd picked a different movie.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byBethinPDX February 21, 2012

Sweet stuff for preschoolers

Stellaluna is the sweetest bat in children's literature - and now on TV!
Parent Written byK-Mommy April 1, 2016

Too scary for sensitive littles.

I thought this would be just like the book, but instead they made some unnecessary (IMO) changes that makes this movie inappropriate for my sensitive 4 yr old. They made the young birds pretty mean to Stellaluna for no reason, they're nice I'm the book, and then they made Stellaluna and the baby birds have another run-in with the scary owl. Maybe there was more, but that's when I had to turn it off because my 4 yr old started screaming and crying! I'm very disappointed in this movie. If you have a sensitive child, don't bother with this movie.