Kid reviews for Storks

Family comedy mixes moments of peril, sweet messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written by_dylan_ September 25, 2016

Representing all types of families

This was a great movie in my opinion, for those of all ages. There were moments that people of all ages could laugh at, including things such as joking remarks from a kid to his father that, "I'll be in college before you know it," and "You'll only be my biggest role model for another two years," which obviously got the parents laughing. No mention of how babies are really made was used, except they did say that "storks no longer deliver babies" once. At the end, I personally loved that they included a montage of all different types of families receiving their babies - it even included a single mother and a same-sex couple. I found that amazing, but if you're worried about your child being "exposed" to that (even though I believe that it is a natural thing), I wouldn't let it prevent you from taking them to the movie. The clips in the montage flash by in less than a second per picture - so the chances are your child won't pay any attention to those few parents. Overall, I thought it was one of the best kids movies I've seen in a while.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake October 12, 2016

Very Liberal

If you don't care about that sort of thing, or you don't think your children are old enough to notice, this is not an issue, but in the end, the storks deliver babies to gay couples and my dad didn't like that one bit. The movie was fine. It had its funny moments, and it had moments where you were about to fall asleep. It doesn't meet its expectations, but your younger kids won't be disappointed.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak October 8, 2016

Pretty good.

I liked Storks, but other teenagers would probably not enjoy as much, because of the cartoony humor and slapstick. Grade: B-

Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2016

Disappointing

I had high expectations for this movie, but it was not as good as I thought it would be. Other than that, It's a nice family adventure. I think the PG-rating is a little strong. Suggested rating: G

Kid, 10 years old November 14, 2016

Great movie

Great movie, a bit sad for young kids. It's really funny, but during it there are bits that wouldn't mean much to younger kids, or even other children my age! Kinda like "You're just a guy, and I'm just a girl, who just so happen to be looking after a baby". At the end, there are some parts(one or two seconds at most) where there's two woman with a baby, one woman with a baby and two men with a baby. Children probably won't notice this, because there are lots of other couples in there too. But for all you over protective parents, NOTE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAkshara K July 2, 2017
Okay, so I know it's been a while since this movie came out, but after reading some of the comments on this film, I felt like offering my own two cents. I came to the reviews section expecting many positive comments about the representation in the film, particularly the two same-sex couples at the end. However, I was faced with mostly negativity. Though I am merely a teenager, I was deeply hurt by what I was reading. Here's why. I am part of the LGBTQ+ community, a pansexual and cisgender female to be exact, (enter collective conservative gasp), and I have a girlfriend. In the case I were to marry someone of the same sex (hopefully her, as I love her very much, but that's not the point here), I do plan to adopt children. Now the three main arguments I have seen here against the final scene in Storks are 1) THE CHILDREN!!! HOW WILL YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO THE CHILDREN!!! 2) This movie does not respect me/my beliefs/my religion and finally, 3) Did this movie really need to address this issue/ did same sex couples really need to be represented. Allow me to respectfully address against all three of these concerns that some parents have had. 1) How on earth will we explain this to our children? It's not that hard, really. Storytime: My brother is 9 currently but when I came out he was 7-ish and he fully understood when I told him that I could like anyone I wanted, regardless of whether they were a boy/girl/other. He knows I have a girlfriend and frankly, doesn't care. It really isn't that difficult to explain to your child that people can love whoever they want, and they had no choice in the decision of who they love. Love transcends gender, and in the end, who we love shouldn't come down to their sexual organs, for it is quite superficial. Another point I would like to bring up is the case in which same sex couples adopt children. Do you expect us to tell our children, "oh yes, mommy/daddy and i are just sisters/brothers/friends"? That's ridiculous, to be frank. Say I (who am of Indian descent) were to marry my girlfriend (who is of Chinese descent, and looks nothing like me) and adopt a child. There is no way, as our child grows up, that we can keep up the "we're siblings" excuse, unless we include the fact that one or both of us were adopted. That sounds a bit too complicated, don't you think? Therefore, it isn't that hard to explain to your child that not all families consist of a male and female, and people can love whoever they chose to. 2) But this movie does not respect me/my beliefs/my religion? I'm sorry, but I do not know how to address the "respect me/my beliefs" part. However, I can address the issue of religion. Now, I'm only going to bring up the Christianity/Bible aspect, because the only two religions I am quite familiar with are Hinduism (the religion that I was brought up with, which makes no mention of homosexuality being wrong or immoral) and Christianity. Now, I am aware that the Bible looks down upon homosexuality, but if I am not mistaken, it also says, "love thy neighbor", and also includes many other rules banning seafood and other such things that some/many Christians do regularly. Please explain to me how you can break these rules, but all of a sudden, when it comes to sexuality, you expect everyone, even non- Christians (let's be real, some of us have been guilty of assuming religion at one point or another), to follow this rule. This is absurd in my opinion. 3) Why do they need representation? Okay, pride month just ended and oH my goDs so many heterosexual people have been asking why there isn't a straight pride month. Now, here's why I'm against it. Every month is straight pride month. We live in a hetero normative society. Heterosexual cisgender white people are mostly what you see in the media these days. Though you see some representation of POC and people of different sexualities and genders, it's still really rare. Growing up and even now, I find it very hard to see someone in the media who is exactly like me, or even similar to me. You already have your representation, it's not that hard to find. Look around you. I applaud this movie for including LGBTQ+ representation, because you almost never see it, especially in a way where it is normalized. In the end, same-sex couples are actually more or less like heterosexual couples. We do the same things you do- we go on dates, some of us are comfortable with PDA while some of us aren't, we fight, we enjoy giving each other compliments and gifts and such, we binge watch Netflix, we like to engage in ~adult~ activities, and sometimes we like doing absolutely nothing together. I don't see why we should be seen as taboo/weird/inappropriate, especially in such a forward-thinking world. Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a lovely day. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byDan and Phil January 13, 2017

Absolutely delightful

I think this movie is a great thing to be showing your kids. And yes lgbt couples are shown for a split second in this movie. As a member of the lgbt I would like to inform you that this is not a life choice its just how our bodies tell us what we want. But other than that the diversity is amazing. So many fun hair colors. Just over-all a fabulous film.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEdubbs March 20, 2017

It's ok but doesn't have good views

The movies plot is decent and has some humor but not enough to humor me. It was lacking real character and seemed generic. The movie posed views like same sex marriage, but it was very brief. But the movie in general suggests that babies are made artificially and that anybody can have a baby. If I was a parent I wouldn't let my kids see this. I don't support the lgbt community and it forces kids to see it as okay. I don't social issues should be forced upon kids to be viewed like they are acceptable. Kids movies should have unbiased opinions. But if your okay with these views then the movie is decent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byUZAIR4559 January 2, 2017

MOST ADORABLE MOVIE OF THE HISTORY

THIS MOVIE HAS GREAT MESSAGES AND ADORABLE BABIES

Written byAnonymous December 30, 2016

Not the best movie out there.

I had some high expectations for this movie, but it turned out to be iffy. Not something I would recommend. There are some scenes that younger children may question, but that would most likely fly over their heads.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2017

Great Movie!

There have been a lot of movies coming out recently (Trolls, Sing, etc), and a large quantity weren't that amusing for me. This one, however, is my favorite of the recent group. Educational Value: The role models are good, in my opinion. Keep in mind that one of the heroes can be selfish at first, and they willingly abandon each other at one point. However, be spoiled that they come back together, and remain friends. Positive Messages: I personally loved how a lot of the positive messages were expressed through humor and fun. A lot of the messages include: Spend time with family (though not expressed in a dark fashion, like in Alice Through the Looking Glass), and good messages about friendship. Also, in a scene near the end, it showed babies given to families all around the world. This includes a pairing of the same sex, and a single woman (note that each is about a millisecond long, and I didn't notice those things until someone pointed it out my second time watching it). I'm not homosexual, but I have nothing against it. Personally, I like that input because it shows a very diverse and accepting movie. Violence and Scariness: What you should keep in mind is that the movie has mild peril and a lot of action. For example, as a lot of comments mentioned, there were scenes where the heroes were chased by a pack of wolves. Also, the baby falls from vast heights (but remains unharmed. Be warned that there is also a scene in the beginning where a random stork crashes graphically into the ground, but this is easily shaken off. Sexy Stuff: You might have been thinking at one point, "wait.. This movie is about delivering babies! How will it be portrayed? " I was thinking this my first time watching it, but I later relaxed. There is a scene where the kid asks where babies come from (beware that your child might ask this afterward, so enter at your own risk), but his question isn't answered. Swearing: Not much to worry about, here. Minor references to curse words, but not too bad. Drinking/drugs/smoking: None, really. So I think this is a pretty secure movie for kids that understand that babies don't come from storks, and are trustworthy enough not to answer dreaded questions. afterward. I enjoyed the humor and action of this movie, and found it better than Trolls by a long shot. I recommend renting it, and hope you like it as much as I did.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrose002 July 9, 2017

I Really Liked This!

I read a bunch of reviews for this movie and parents were mad that there were same sex couples at the end? If you think that's not appropriate for your kids to see, you might want to keep them inside the house forever because lgbtq+ people exist. This movie was great. The only thing that might have possibly been "inappropriate" is when the parents glance nervously at each other when they're talking about how storks don't deliver babies anymore. There's also a bit of cartoon violence, but that's in pretty much every movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCrispandCrunch December 10, 2016

Funny and great!

I Saw this movie. It's rather amazing. you really should see it with your kids. Just, do it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBarringtonmom4 July 16, 2017

PIGEON TOADYYYYYYYY

I think that this movie is great but not nearly enough moments of pigeon toady. He is the best. Thanks for your time, now go make another movie all about pigeon toady. By the way, Hum a lik mi nowe!

Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2017
The movie is great overall. Is is funny and cute. At the end there is a montage that includes same sex parents and a single mother. It is on for one second each. Kids would not even realise. I would recommend it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRiverasGate November 21, 2017

Very good for the family (And there is a thing called Co-parenting to those who don’t ‘approve’ of the same sex

When I first watched the movie, I watched it with my brother who was 3 years old. He enjoyed it immensely, laughing at scenes, being awed by the adorable babies and was just enjoying it all together. Now, to think that this movie is being backslashes by the two moms, two dads, and single parent scene at the near end of the movie, is just ridiculous. Yes I understand you want what is best for your child but as someone who is new to the world of adult hood, I’m glad that I was educated about these things while I was growing up. It made me better as a person and made me understand that people can have their own opinion and that they are right to have their own views. It made me respect others people opinion even if I don’t agree with them. To those who dislike the same sex couples, there is a thing called Co-parenting. No I’m not liberal, no I actually don’t bat an eye about politics when it comes to my views because I just see myself as a decent human being who found that scene about the different diverse family as a heart warming moment because they receive their baby and therefore finally have their own family. To those who can’t agree then at least respect that there are parents who are struggling raising children and that you should at least acknowledge that they are real people. Not characters who deem unrealistic for your children.
Kid, 5 years old March 14, 2017

Storks, best comedy and best animation

Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2017

super storks !

this film is amazing ! that is all i have 2 say !

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2017

A cute flock of a movie.

Storks was a fun and cute movie for the whole family. The babies were also cute too. And the messages are about teamwork and family.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywungastarwars October 13, 2017

A Fresh Take And Hilarious Stunning Movie.

Storks deliver babies -- or at least they used to. Now, they deliver packages for a global internet retail giant. Junior, the company's top delivery stork, lands in hot water when the Baby Factory produces an adorable but wholly unauthorized girl. Desperate to deliver this bundle of trouble, Junior and his friend Tulip , the only human on Stork Mountain, race against time to make their first baby drop before the boss finds out. We recently watched this as a family, and my family while liked it weren't a huge fan. But me? I really liked it. I thought the movie was very cute, and a little slow in the beginning but quickly started off with peril chases and action. Positive messages include, family is important, take your job seriously, be respectable, friendship is key, etc. Role models include Junior who is kind and caring. Tulip is creative and friendly. Diverse parents are shown as well when getting babies. The bad guys receive their consequence's for their actions. Violence is very little but somethings do happen include high speed chases. Junior injures his wing, wolves chase down a baby, kidnappings, a stork is knocked unconscious and then shown hanging upside down and also agruring and yelling at each other. There is nothing sexy except unless your children don't know how babies are made, two parents laugh when a boy asks how he was made. Swearing is nothing to bad but includes what the heck, stupid, lame, butt, peeing barfing and crazy. Drinking and smoking, and also consumerism is not shown in this movie. In my opinion this movie was sweet and also funny. There is a quick scene of two women receiving a baby but only for .5 seconds. In all this is a very good movie made, and a great refresher for all families. Just make sure your kids know storks don't deliver anymore!