Parent reviews for Straw Dogs

Straw Dogs Poster Image

original was better

it was a good movie but stopped halfway cause it was kinda boring original was better and a classic

Adults only..

This is a remake of Peckinpah's original classic from 1971. This remake was actually good, tough there are differences easily notable. But now for the explicit part: The violence is strong and often gruesome and brutal. Shootings, stabbings and killings shown in explicit, brutal and bloody detail. There's a rape scene too, but it lacks details and isn't very sadistic neither violent unlike in the original. Language is strong and there's some sexuality too and drug use. Due to the violent and sexual content movie is OK for 16+ iffy for kids aged 14-15. Incase you haven't heard the story: it's about a couple who goes to a small southern town to enjoy a week-end untill a helping group of townsmen decides to terrorize the family with dramatic consequences..

Really good scary movie, but NOT for kids.

As an adult and someone who likes horror movies, I really enjoyed this movie. It was unlike any other horror movie I've ever seen, and the storyline was very unique. However, it is highly inappropriate and definitely should NOT be shown to children. I chose the rating of off for 14 and under, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable letting my child watch it unless they were at least 16 or 17. The images in the movie were quite disturbing, and I wouldn't want any of it in my childs head no matter what their age...but you know how teenagers like scary movies. The violence in this movie is extreme and many parts were too disturbing for me. Sexual content is also a big issue, and the movie even includes more than one graphic scene of rape. Language is, of course, very strong as well! There are also many drinking scenes.

good movie...for adults.

This movie is definitely not for kids. Manhood is a big factor in this movie. Something like 'What makes someone a man' could be discussed. One of the main characters, a women is noticeably not wearing a bra in all of the scenes. She is also raped twice in the same scene by 2 different male characters. One of the male characters also attempts to rape her again in a later scene. Kissing and flirting between a man and a wife. There is an adult character who is mentally challenged who is physically/mentally abused by almost all other characters. He is also in a questionable relationship with a character who is 15 years old, in which she is shown attempting to give him oral sex. Very graphic violence. A police officer is shown being shot with a shotgun. A cat is killed, though the killing is not shown, there is a shot with the cat dead, hanging from a rack in a closet. Tons of swearing, and drinking beer. A great movie for adults who like this genre, but would not at all suggest this movie for families with kids under 17.