Parent reviews for Summer Eleven

Serious subjects handled delicately in best friends pic.

Adult Written byMomTime February 23, 2013

Somber Movie, Not too Much Entertaining Here.

The word for this movie is somber. It is a serious, somber movie about a lot of sad issues! Watched with my 11 year old and neither of us enjoyed it. It's okay to tackle divorce, homelessness, injured war veterans....but does it have to be ALL IN ONE MOVIE?? Not lighthearted, too heavy for kids despite no overt objectionable content. I would take a "pass".
Adult Written bykaetra August 30, 2011

Really awful acting and script.

Content is tame, and the story lines are somewhat interesting. However, the acting and script are really horrible. I haven't seen a more poorly scripted/acted movie in a very long time. There aren't many movies for the tween group, true, but this one is completely pointless and skippable unless you want to demonstrate what bad acting looks like.
Adult Written byMandaMaMA June 16, 2011

Great Movie for girls entering middle school

This is a great movie for girls entering middle school. It opens the door for discussions on how babies are created, drinking, and other issues adolescence face. What I liked most was that the movie showed people in a variety of life circumstances such as divorce, war, death, homelessnes, single parenting..... I'm working on teaching my girls empathy and the movie did a great job at allowing the viewer to "feel" the emotions of the characters. My four daughters ages 2-11 years loved the movie because they could relate to the characters more than the typical Disney movie. The acting was ok, but definately not blockbuster material. Overall we loved it!!!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byGwennyKay August 13, 2014

A quiet, thoughtful movie

My ten-year-old daughter and I watched this movie together and loved it. I don't see how people could say the acting was bad--they girls acted just like real girls and not the sassy, made-up girls on the Disney channel. It was a hard year for our family and this movie allowed us to talk about how difficult/sad things happen to everyone at some time. It might not be the most entertaining movie ever, but it was a great mother-daughter togetherness movie.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bymclendon6820 August 15, 2013

WARNING! Skip it and choose something fun and uplifting.

Very bad script. Very depressing. Why would anyone subject their children to this dark, depressing content? You can have these types of life-lessons and discussions with your children without wasting two hours of your day in a deep depression.

Adult Written byJanvierRain March 7, 2013

Better Than I Expected.

Honestly, when I looked at the cover, and name of this movie I thought, "Oh, brother, another cheesy, low-budget, girl power movie... *Sigh*." When the movie started I was already rolling my eyes, waiting for the dreadful ninety minutes of pure boredom to begin-- The boredom never began. I really enjoy how the antagonist(s) in the movie are not people, per se- they're life's circumstances. The acting was actually pretty good- MUCH, MUCH, better than I expected. It wasn't shallow. It was pretty close to being a tear-jerker, not quite there, but almost. There were several awkward pauses in between some scenes, that kind of didn't make the scenes flow together very nicely; I can overlook it. There was a short scene where "bad language" was used. Some of the themes in the movie didn't really seem like something a kid-- whom I perceive-- the movie was meant for, would get. I'm not really sure what age group this movie is meant for. Toddlers? No. Kids? Maybe. Teens? I doubt it. Adults? Hmm... Note: I'm an adult, and I really enjoyed this movie.

Adult Written bynobbsy August 14, 2011

Honest Film About Young Kids

This is an honest movie about girls 10 -11 years old who are doing drugs, suffering from personality disorders. These are just regular kids. When they meet two boys, they are just normal young boys. I think just about any parent would be comfortable with watching this film with his or her "tweener" daughter. The acting wasn't outstanding, but I would say Sarah Butterworth, as Jess, gave a very good performance. Hope to see her again someday in the future.

Adult Written byvicky2000 May 6, 2012

BEST MOVIE!!!!

I'm almost 12, but I loved this movie a lot. In the end it's kind of sa, but not sad like crying, like crying cuz it was a good ending.

Adult Written byMcMopat November 20, 2011

Good movie with real world messages