A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

Swordfish

Swordfish Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 4 kid reviews

Sort by:

Action movie for teens, not tweens

This action film is a very exciting energetic one, which is ofcourse how it's supposed to be. If your teenager loves action films, then this may be a good choice. The only causes for concern are the female nudity and language. Halle Berry's bare breasts are shown in one scene, and in another scene she is shown in nothing but a very revealing bra and thong. Language is also pretty strong, profanity runs the gamut. Also there is one scene where Hugh Jackman is shown with a gun pointed to his head while receiving oral sex from a woman. The violence isn't horrible for an R, it wasn't graphic or even really strong. The main parental worries here are the sexual content/nudity and profanity. You may can find a TV edited version where the language and nudity are cut. If you watch unedited, then I would say that ages 15 and up can handle it.

Action thriller flick is way too violent for kids

My rating: R for violence and language

Language, Disturbing Violence, Shows Halle Berry's Boobs

Lots of language like f--k and s--t, h-ll, a--, d-mn, b-tch, lots of violence, and it shows Halle Berry's boobs, not for kids or hormonal teens.