All teen and kid member reviews for Syriana

Teen, 17 years old Written byjorge107 April 9, 2008

Intriguing Political Thriller!

This movie has about five different story lines happening at once that all come together in the end. Full of suspense, twists, and turns, it is a masterful movie that is a must-see for adults and the politically inclined. It was nominated for a bunch of Oscars, and I remember that George Clooney won Best Supporting Actor for his role as a CIA agent. The film is definitely gory and contains a fair amount of swearing, and I would certainly not reccommend it to anyone under thirteen. Above that age, it's a little more questionable. It would help for the parents to be present (as most kids will have a lot of questions afterwards).
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L July 30, 2009

Too complicated for young kids~

It's been a little while since I've seen this movie, so I don't remember it perfectly. (I was 11 or 12 when I watched it) At the time I though it was rather disturbing (there was a nail-ripping scene, right?) but also really confusing. It seemed like there was several different stories with several different main characters with no connection to each other. (I can't remember the end but I think there was a connection.) I was probably just a bit too young at the time to understand this movie the way it was intended to be understood. I'll re-watch this one soon. (and write a better review) D:
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008

Complicated but a great movie

I watched this and there were so many story lines I had no idea what was going on, so I turned it off half way through. But I went back and watched the whole movie and it was great! It was nominated for some Oscars but I don't think it got the publicity it deserved because in today's society, Arabs are all portrayed as "evil." (However, I am not saying they are evil. I am just saying in a post 9/11 world, there are many steriotypes towards people in the middle east.) At the end of the movie, you actually sympathized with the suicide bombers. There are a few scenes where a character is tortured (including the removal of his fingernails, which really disgusted me) and there are about 10 uses of the f-word, which is small, compaired to a lot of today's movies. Like the last reviewer said, it is a good idea to have an adult there because kids will have questions. (I know I did!) But if you are tired of movies that anyone with two brain cells can understand, try watching Syriana.

I lost six brain cells watching this!

Horrible film!