All teen and kid member reviews for Tangled

Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2011

One of the Best Disney Films of Recent Years

It's amusing. It's witty. It's smart. Isn't that what Disney movies are supposed to be? Well, "Tangled" is a good one filled with fun. It also appeals to adults, and not just kids, so this film would be absolutely perfect for one of those "Family Movie Nights" or something. Now, onto the concerns: only one scene. A character gets stabbed by a knife. There is no blood seen on the knife. Don't worry, it's really not much of a concern, young kids probably won't even know what happened.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 28, 2011

Fantastic. Should have been rated G. Good for kids 6 and older.

I understand why they rated it PG, but I personally thought it should have been G. There was only one part that looked PG-ish, where at the end, one of the main characters gets stabbed in the side by a dagger, and there is a blood stain on his shirt. Has a good message. Great family movie. So funny!! Finally, a movie that is a "family movie", but isn't dark, creepy, or so violent that it wouldn't be inappropriate for little kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeaghin November 29, 2011

If I've whatched it 17 times its going to be good!

This is the BEST movie in the WORLD!!!! I've seen it 17 times and counting. This movie is definately a keeper! I know most of the words in this movie and the people on here make it sound horrible!
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2010

I know logic does not apply to Disney, but what the....

I saw this today, and it was really good, but the logic was... flawed. First, before my review: SPOILERS!!!! IF YOU WANT SURPRISE FROM THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ!!!! Now, my first point is, how does a piece of the sun turn into a flower? How does this sun flower respond to a human singing? How did everyone know it healed people? Why did the old lady sing to it the first time she saw it? Why did it pass on to Repunzel from her mom? Why did its healing power last for over 18 years? Is Repunzel knew that her hair made you young, how did she not notice that her "mom" was using it all the time? If she was always in a tower, how did she even know men and other people existed? Why didn't Repunzel realize she looked nothing like the old lady? So mony questions! Still this is a really cute film. I loved it! Thanks for reading!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxxRisingUpxx July 14, 2014

Helped Me

I was emotionally abused as a child, always kept in fear of everyone. When Tangled first came out, my whole family went to see it. I noticed parallels between the stuff my own parents told me and the Mother Knows Best song, and realized what they were doing was wrong. I hope more children can be helped by films such as this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIkaros December 19, 2011

Best Disney Movie I've Ever Seen, Highly Recommended

Tangled remains my favorite movie, even today. It's loveable characters and simply marvelous storyline kept me watching until the end, and when I finished, I wanted to go back and watch it again. It has a monumental combination of adventure, sorrow, romance, and inspiration that all leads to a wonderful end. Please read my review. I was surprised how many reviews have downed on this movie because of the "violence" and "pure evil." I understand how this could scare little kids (sometimes, considering they usually don't pay attention until the villain loses), but all of the young children I know loved this movie, except for a few small boys- and unless you or your child has been through a traumatizing experience with kidnapping or something relating to it in the past, there is no reason not to see this movie. The "violence" discussed is during one part during the entire movie- the ENTIRE movie, and isn't even that bad. Someone is stabbed. It doesn't show it. It shows nothing except a small red spot when he pulls back his jacket. This one part plays for about three seconds. A few people mentioned that Mother Gothel had a violent and cruel death. No, her death was not violent at all, nor inappropriate in any way. About the evil of Mother Gothel, though- like I said, children barely pay attention to things like that unless they have had something like that happen to them in the past. There is NO reason besides peoples' pasts to be scared of this movie. Additionally, all of that evil and sadness leads up to one of the happiest and filling endings I've ever seen! That- the end, where everything reaches its stand, is where kids pay attention. Violence is not an issue unless your child is very easily frightened. Now, for the people who complained about "sexual behavior," you have to be kidding me. Kissing? Kissing is not sexual behavior. Kissing happens in almost every princess movie there has ever been. For the people who complained about drugs, I never saw a drug in that video. I never heard the word "beer." Flynn and Rapunzel went to a restaurant. I bet 0% of kids asked their parents, "Daddy, Mommy, what were the guys in the restaurant drinking?" It could have been cola for all we know. About role models, everyone was fine. I doubt any of your kids wanted to be like Mother Gothel when they grew up. Rapunzel had a very nice character, I see no reason to complain for her. If you were kept in a tower for all of your life, you'd probably want to get out to, agreed? Yes. One person mentioned that anyone can rebel, and that Cinderella was a good role model while Rapunzel was bad. Alright, well, the thing with that is that NO ONE is like Cinderella. Cinderella is the perfect princess, and yes, she's a good role model, but its just not possible for a kid to become as good as that. I'm not saying that Rapunzel was generally a GOOD role model, but she wasn't that bad of one either. You couldn't possibly complain about any other role models kids might take after, considering that Flynn changed his ways and took after a better dream, and the rest of the characters were hilarious. The language in this movie is nothing to worry about. Literally nothing, I don't think I ever heard a single world as bad as "stupid." So don't worry about that one. Graphics and music-wise, this music was also very good. "Medieval Dance" is my favorite song from the soundtrack, as it has a very happy- but then extremely inspiring and intense tune, just making me feel like I want to do something great. Same with the whole movie, it really makes you wish to live your dreams. This movie's graphics were smooth and greatly animated, along with quality character design and special effects. This is all, thank you for reading.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydisneylove January 6, 2015

By far one of my favorites.

What Frozen lacks in plot, Tangled makes up for and then some. This is a great family-friendly movie, with a strong female role model who isn't afraid to speak her mind and stand up for herself. The main male character is a thief, however, but he learns to change. The duo of Maximus and Pascal are very humorous. The songs are great. And that LANTERN SCENE! It is totally one of the best scenes in a Disney movie, ever. 5/5, this movie is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2015

On Point. Perfect.

Perfect. This movie is perfect. I absolutely adored the fact that Eugene (Flynn) was NOT prince charming!!!!!! Rapunzel was so productive, she spent her life doing fun things even though she had limits. (Being stuck in a tower) I now compare her to Anna from Frozen because Anna did nothing except knock on a door for 10+ years but Rapunzel read books, mapped stars, painted, baked, and did many other productive activities. Gothel was a very interesting villain, too. Also, the soundtrack! So amazing! I loved "When Will My Life Begin?", "I've got a Dream", and "Mother Knows Best". Clever lyrics and fun tunes. Very good, catchy, songs unlike Frozen because it's songs are annoying and catchy. Double thumbs up, good for all ages and genders.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySosie98 April 4, 2011

The Movie of a Lifetime

Before I start my story, I want to address these passionate angry reviews that are showing up here. Let me just let you know: TANGLED IS A KID'S MOVIE! It is not meant for adult audiences. If you've ever read the story of Rapunzel, it's twenty times worse than this. In fact, in one version both Rapunzel and the prince die. They were just trying to put a twist on it with how Mother Gothel takes the baby. Now, understand this. If you have a child who is adopted or a child who is sensitive to being taken from their parents. Then don't take your children to see the film. It is my personal opinion that parents should look up movies and their plot so that they know exactly what the movie is about. Wikipedia is a great place to do this. That way, if you think something will scare your children you can have them close their eyes or leave the room for a minute.ALSO, as I said before, addressing "AppleNell"'s review: TANGLED IS A CHILDREN's MOVIE! It is not meant for reading into. As I said above, Pixar tried to follow the story as closely as possible, and I would observe they did it amazingly well. Now, on with the review. Let me tell you the full story of my encounter with Tangled: So I'm surfing the internet, not sure what to do with my day when I come across Tangled. All my friends, young and old have been raving about it, so I think what the heck. I look online for a while until I find what I think is the free movie. In reality, it's the introduction and first ten minutes. The movie has me hooked so badly, I desperately look on On Demand, but it isn't there. Everyone in our house knows how much I want to see that movie. Later that night, mom and my brother are on On Demand, looking for Tron, which my brother wants to see. Then suddenly mom calls out, "Hey, they've got Tangled." I am in the middle of brushing my teeth and spit out my toothbrush, and scream. I brush my teeth at super speed and sit down. I'm instantly hooked, and mom can tell. It's an amazing movie. The next day at school I tell my friend Sarah I watched it. "Cool!" she says, "That's the best movie ever?" I don't know what it is, but after that I'm obsessed. I loooovvveeeeeeee that movie. And I will for the rest of my life. I will be showing that to my kids someday. I got the dvd the day it came out. I became Tangled up in Tangled.
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2012

Awesome movie

I really like this movie. It's one of my favorite films. But my 7-year-old brother cringed at the violent part, so I recommend 7 and under don't watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrhapsody00 April 2, 2011
I dont know if leaving terrible things that keep you fed and alive to follow your dreams is a positive or a negative. This movie was great!
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

This is such a great movie for the whole family! Tangled is probably one of the best cartoons of 2010. My mom, my friend and I went to see it and had great feedback comments after the movie. I'm so excited for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again and again! There really aren't any concerns as far as inappropriate content. Otherwise, it's a great eye-popper!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChloe Johnson May 17, 2016

I didn't enjoy it but other people would!

I just didn't really like the storyline, well I think lots of other people would love it! My dad and my mum loves it, but me and my sister hate it! I would still tell people to watch it though. :)
Kid, 10 years old March 5, 2016

Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your hair

This is my favorite disney movie and it shows you that dreams do come true. There are some scary parts and it does show blood at the end, but no one dies except the villain. Rapunzel shows bravery, kindness and belief. I would put this as a top movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCourtneyReview September 23, 2015

BEST DISNEY MOVIE EVER!!!!

I absolutley LOVE Tangled! Although almost tying with Disney's Prince of Egypt, Tangled comes out as my favorite! Rapunzel is a fantastic role model from girls 6-16! Very funny and the songs are so catchy! The only thing i would worry about is when Mother Gothel (antagonist) stabs Flynn Rider (supporting protagonist) with a sharp piece of glass after a mirror shatters. But being a Disney movie, they show minimal blood. Although for any child under the age of 8, this could be a little frightening depending on the child and what they usually see. My nieces and newphew love this movie but make me skip over that scene. But their mother ususally does not watch too much TV so, they are not used to that. For sensative kids, i say skip that scene, but for a regular 6 year old, try it!
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 August 26, 2015

my all time favorite disney movie

this movie is amazing, it's my favorite Disney movie. However, that being said, the villian (Mother Gothel) is really scary for little kids. Her death scene is a little scary for five year olds because she actually does die and there is violence in her death. Other than that, the movie is excellent! Watch it!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 August 11, 2014

Funny and great movie!!!

Tangled is based off of Rapunzel. The film has cool CGI and it has the story like it a little bit without being too dark. It's also really funny at times. The characters are amazing. Rapunzel has golden hair with the power to heal. She's locked up in the tower by Mother Gothel her fake mom. She wants to go see the floating lights. When her fake mother leaves she goes outside the tower and with someone that's an outlaw to have her go see the floating lights. Flynn Rider is her guide. He's an outlaw. He's really funny though at times. Maximus is a palace horse. He's the one in this film that will make you and your kids laugh. His scenes are funny and enjoyable. Pascal is basically Rapunzel's pet. He's also a cool character to see. The only violent scene is where Flynn was stabbed by mother Gothel. It shows a little bit of blood in that part. Where Mother Gothel was kindof or it looked like a temper tantrum in one part. She fell to her doom and turned into dust. The film is very funny at a lot of parts in the movie. You will enjoy it. The actors who voice do a outstanding job. The CGI is fantastic and you will love the movie. Great job Disney!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

Great Movie

I watched this movie about four times and really enjoy it. There is very minor violence. I recommend ages 6 and up. There is a great story to it.
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2014

Amazing.

I love this movie. It is really funny as well. There is minor violence, (Flynn gets knocked out with a frying pan twice, there is an angry horse, and there are guards with swords and other weapons) there is one scene where Flynn gets stabbed and nearly dies, but the rest is all age appropriate. The songs in this movie are really nice too. THUMBS UP!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySophxo February 12, 2014

Its quite nice actually, ALTHOUGHT.. vv

Well In my opinion its not quite for kids, because i took my younger sister to the cinema to watch this, and she came home a bit scared. The bit I think that botherd her is when the baby got stolen, But its okay for about kids that are over the age of 8 and are not sensitive. Probally mature 6-7 year olds..