All teen and kid member reviews for Tarzan

Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 2, 2010

There's never a dull moment

One of the most amazing movies I've ever seen! The animation is beautiful, the characters are sweet, its funny, over all brilliant! Tarzan is strong and caring, Jane is funny and loveable, her father is just goofy (in a good way) Kala (Tarzan's gorilla mother) is understanding and forgiving. Kerckek is... well, get over his temper tantrums and you'll love him. Claiton, or as Tarzan knows him "the sound of a gun-shot" well, he's a villan, we aren't suppose to like him, but he's a good villan. Terk, hysterical, Tantor, a worry-wart, but so fun. Anyway.. you can't really hate any of them, they're all amazing characters! As far as gore goes: baby gorilla dies (ends with crying in pain off screen) parents bodies half hidden, bloody paw-prints, killed lepard, hanging death. You'll get over that when you see how amazing the movie is. I loved this sinse I was little, and when Kala tells Tarzan they look differen't, but we're all the same, and they just don't trust what they can't explain, that is such a sweet scene. Also, as far as alcahol goes, Clintain gives Tarzan a small glass of wine when they were talking, but Tarzan got rid of it without tasting it (That a'boy!)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamantha687 May 3, 2014

WOW!!!

Its really good we all enjoyed it even me for starters so watch it plzzzz
Teen, 14 years old Written byOGORMAN May 21, 2010

A good movie for kids of basically all ages.

Disney never ceases to make cute, kid-friendly movies that the whole family will love! Guns are fired, and a man smokes cigars and drinks a glass of wine and offers it to Tarzan, but otherwise this movie has a very positive message. Tarzan learns that just because you look different than someone else, it doesn't mean that you are any less important; and that you should always fight for what you believe in and for the ones you love. I grew up with this movie, and I still love it! Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFanTruth123456 March 3, 2016

It' really good!

I recommend this movie for ages 9 and up because of the violence, and because of the number of people that die, but it all depends on your kid. I am at an age in which I can handle the violence, but that is just me. I rate movies based on what the movie is rated. In this case, the movie, Tarzan is currently rated G. There is a few things in this movie that may bump the rating to the next level (PG-in my opinion). I will first start with language. There was appropriate language for the most part accept if you are a parent that worries about little bad words that aren't exactly considered bad words (heck, idiot), I would take this into consideration. Although, my family and consider them bad words, they aren't super BIG bad words. As far as the kissing goes, Jane and Tarzan do kiss at the end twice. I will also warn any cautious parents out there that Tarzan does get oddly close to Jane, but do consider the fact that Tarzan has never seen another human before. If you are asking about drugs or drinking in this film, to clarify, there is wine in the film. After the scene of Tarzan asking Jane to stay with him, Clayton hands him a glass of wine, in which Tarzan does not drink. There is nothing much to be learned as far as education goes, but Jane and her father do express in an outburst of excitment that group families (and/or family groups) of gorillas lay in gorilla nests. A valuable lesson is to learned of course. The movie expresses very well that it's okay to be different, and that we need to accept people for who they are. All in all, I would rate this movie PG. It is a great movie with fun characters. I also rate this five stars for good measure!
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2015

Really good and memorable

Pretty good overall. Cute, hilarious movie with fun characters and postotive messages. But then you GET TO THE END. Everything goes well until a secondary character gets shot in the heart (yes heart) and the bad guy gets his throat stuck on a branch and hangs himself. You see the outline of the body in the background and I don't know if anyone noticed this or not but the rain running down the tree might be a little too dark (blood). Leave out those parts and you have a great family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 10, 2015

One of Disney's finest. Spoilers ahead.

Tarzan was a really good movie with an excellent story, great characters and charming chemistry between Tarzan and Jane ( I will get back to that later ). The animation was flawless, the voice acting from Tony Goldwyn and Minnie Driver were perfect, in fact Driver was in another animated film that was released the same year (1999) and that was South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. That's two gold stars for you, missy. The villain was decent, the side characters were entertaining and now let us talk about the romance in this movie. It was the best romance in a Disney animated movie. Here's why: When they first met, it was awkward, the usual stuff you see. When they got to learn more about each other, as I said, it was charming. Jane had a problem. Tarzan wanted her to stay, but she wanted to go back to London. Later, because of Jane, he found out he was human. He also betrayed his ape family and found out the truth. Sad and all. In the end, when she had to leave, she regretted it because she loved him. Her kind father stated that she can go back to the jungle with Tarzan. When she mistakenly kissed him, he kissed her back in front of his friends which was a really cute scene. Tarzan also has one of the most disturbing deaths in a Disney movie. Grade: A+.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydisneylove March 19, 2014

Slowly becoming my favorite Disney movie.

Oh, Tarzan. Disney's version is ultimately flawless. Except for the fact that a baby can't be raised by gorillas. GREAT female role model. GREAT animation. GREAT story. Love it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHackenbacker October 4, 2012

Only good for the music.

The only good thing about the movie is the fact that Phil Collins did the music.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytwinkle1234 February 28, 2012

curiousity

i just have a question the movie review says tarzans parents lifeless bodies were seen with footprints but i only see the dads lifeless body, wheres the moms body?
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 11, 2010

Another great Disney Classic

Tarzan is a story about Tarzan, whose parents were killed by a leopard when he was a baby. Kala, an ape, finds Tarzan and adopts him; the baby reminds her of her child who was killed by the same leopard who killed Tarzan's parents. Tarzan grows up living with the apes, but he feels so different as if he doesn't belong with them because of his appearance (and Kertack, Kala's husband, doesn't like Tarzan because he is different). But Tarzan gets a surpass when he saves a beautiful girl named Jane, and starts finding out about his own kind (and as in typical Disney films, falls in love with the girl). This is a typical Disney classic, which means that it's really good! But it may be too violent for some kids. There ate a couple of fighting scenes that could be scary. Otherwise it's a great family film.
Kid, 7 years old August 8, 2016

This is violence packed

This movie is very frightening but older kids, 10 to 12 year olds, will love it. In one scene, Tarzan cuts open a leopard and Kerchack's death is very sad. There are some good messages like that characters can fit in even when they are from different places. Though most of the good messages are blocked out by guns there are still a few more like that you may get injured when saving your friends but it is worth it. Clayton is very scary. His actions involve killing a few gorillas. His death is very violent. Overall it is a good movie for tweens.
Kid, 7 years old June 28, 2016
Teen, 15 years old Written byShannon528 August 19, 2012

Amazing Movie!

I absolutly adore this movie. I must've watched it a hundred times as a child, but never could appreciate it to the fullest until I watched it again recently. The Phil Collins songs are beautifully written and sung, the story is brilliant, and the characters are deep. *SPOILER*: I truly NEVER realized that Clayton was hung in those vines at the end. Only now did I realize that it happened.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 2, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Way to violent for little kids. Many deaths.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 6, 2012

One of my childhood favorites.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan February 11, 2012

Much more intense then most Disney animated movies

Pretty violent, escpecially when there are bloody tiger footpritnts wher Tarzan's parents were (offscreen) killed.And an offscreen death of a baby gorillia. Off 2-4 iffy 6-7 on 8+. My rating PG for Violence and Peril, and Thematic Elements.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 9, 2010

A good movie for pretty much everyone

I remember watching this when I was really little. I didn't really understand that well when the baby gorrilla was killed and Tarzan's parents are found dead. When I got a little older, I thought the scene near the end with the main villain being killed was a little chilling. Other than that, I thoguth it was a great movie. If your kid is the type to be scared easily at movies with violence, then I would hold off.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 6, 2010

I thought it was amazing

I truely liked it, although I am sure people are worried about the violence and stuff. I admit it is a little rough for children, they should have avoided at least some of it, but its a hard world.. it shouldn't have to be, but it is. The violence isn't enough to harm some children, sensitive ones, yes. But there has been worse. I was never affected by any of it, although the hanging scared me, at least they didn't show it... When will the madness end? ( That wasn't for the movie, that is for everything else.. )
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 15, 2010

I love it...now that I'm older.

When I saw this for the first time, when I was four or so, it terrified me. The villain is a hunter, which is terrifying for younger animal lovers. The violence may also be a bit much. But, this is a great movie with stunning animation.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGloryGirl April 2, 2010

I'll swing by that forest - seems better than the mordern world now.

I think people need to relax on this movie, it was wonderful! I think it was funny, touching, interesting, adventures. a Total Disney film :) I know, I know, Tarzan had a loin cloth on, he's wearing SOMETHING, ain't he? Yes, yes he is! Besides, it isn't like people don't know what a male looks like - if they don't they will. By the way, the song "You'll be in my heart" - was played at my brothers funeral. Just letting you know what it means to me. Don't be a hater, okay? If you do not like it, fine. Just don't insult those that do. ( not saying anyone does )