Parent reviews for Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Irreverent, immature comedy cleverly mocks superhero genre.

Adult Written byDodgerbluee July 27, 2018

'Teen Titans Go! To The Movies' Ending May Upset Parents

The Titans close out their new animated film with Robin giving an inspired speech about the lessons the team learned from their most recent adventure. It isn't long before the other Titans shut him down, telling him it's time for the movie to end. As the screen starts to close, Robin isn't quite done yet. He forces the screen back open and says "Kids, ask your parents where babies come from!" He then lets the screen fully close and the credits start to roll.

Adult Written bySylArtista July 29, 2018

Warning: Strongly inappropriate Adult Joke at the End

I’m pretty easy-going but I do believe “the talk” is something I will sense the right timing for for my child. So Heads up parents! If you’re going to take your young kids to the Teen Titans movie, let me warn you about the ending. Right before the credits start rolling (you think the movie is over) Robin pops up on the screen and says, “Quick kids!! Ask your parents where babies come from!!” I didn’t find this funny at all. I had a small group of kids with me & now when I dropped each one off I had to warn the parents. Not cool for a kids movie. The utter ignorance of the directors of many of kid’s movies is sad indeed. We need more moms making kids films, but women are only given 4 to 6 percent of the directing pie.
Adult Written byblyles July 30, 2018

Great movie!

The last line in the movie is a problem.

Parent of an infant year old Written byHolly R. July 27, 2018

Kids Ask Your Parents Where Babies Come From!!!

Yes this movie encourages the talk at the end...

Parent of a 8 year old Written bykymberley August 7, 2018

Teen Titans is now banned in our home

There was a lot of humor that the kids enjoyed such as farting and some name calling that wasn't needed. But the moral compass was very broken with the making of this movie. A group of kids led by the selfish motives of one. Some of the scenes were not ok for young children. They go back in time to end (*save) all superheroes, in order to rid the world of them. By doing so you watch these so called heroes attempt to kill a baby, and aid in killing batmans parents. One scene includes a hit and run of another character, they believe he is dead and say something along the lines of "His dad's a cop, run!" The very last thing you see before the credits roll is Robin jumping into the camera and saying "Kids make sure you ask your parents where babies come from". I mean, why was this even necessary, the movie was already over? You can imagine the conversations that happened before even leaving the theater! We took a group of 10 children to see this and it was horrible! Teen Titans was forever banned in our home before even leaving the theater parking lot!
Adult Written byGreg R. July 27, 2018

A Much Needed Little Superhero spoof - "It's Deadpool For Kids!"

Teen Titans Go to the movies is a big surprise of the summer. It's not only funny, its clever. Kids enjoy superheroes and for some, this might actually their first smart spoof movie. Yes the humor is irreverent at times but its still surprisingly smart. It has a good message for them about the importance of teamwork and it shows kids you don't have to be the ideal super in order to be a hero.

Adult Written bynduns July 27, 2018

Very pleasantly surprised by this one

I thought the show was fine as its own thing at first, but after a while, its quality dropped quite a bit mostly after the creators started devoting entire episodes to insulting their critics. Because of this, I was at odds with myself about whether or not this would be worth seeing, at least in theaters anyway. Well, I made a bet with myself that I would see this film but only if it got at least 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. Yeah, that is setting my goal a little low, but with now biased critics generally are against this series, I didn't think it would happen. And yet as of the time I'm writing this, it has a 90% certified fresh rating. With this in mind, not only did I decide to go see it, but I wasn't dreading it. I didn't get my hopes too high, mind you, since The Star and Ferdinand both got good scores and I found both to be just okay. Well, I am very pleased and shocked to say that not only is Teen Titans Go to the Movies good, it's REALLY good. That felt odd typing that out, so I'll type it again. The Teen Titans Go Movie is REALLY, REALLY GOOD! In fact, I'd even go so far as to say it's almost on the level of the theatrical lego films. I feel a big part of the reason it works as well as it does is because it doesn't just feel like a TTG film but also works as a clever, witty satirical jab at Hollywood and how they treat various superhero properties. Sure, you still get the self-deprecation humor the show is known for, which for the most part is actually really good, but it's not the only focus. There are a ton of jokes that feel like they were written for adults, including this one scene with Bruce Wayne's parents that, well, let's just say I can't believe they went there. Even the tasteless jokes, in which there are thankfully few, are acknowledged as tasteless. Also, the ending gag is so accurate to how audiences generally think, it's brilliant. Though the main reason I put this close to the level of the lego movies is that there is a surprising sense of heart to it. And more so, the heartfelt moments feel genuine, like, they're not forced in there like whenever the show tries to pull that sort of thing. Like the lego films, who would have ever expected that? Also, much like the show, there are musical numbers. In fact, the film just barely manages to have enough that I can honestly call it a musical. And I know what any detractors who didn't see this film are thinking, and no, there is only one song, specifically 'Shenanigans', that feels like what you typically get from the show. (You know, obnoxiously repeating the song's title over and over again with barely any other lyrics if any) Every other song actually has effort put into the lyrics, and for the most part, they're really good. Even the opening rap number, which I'm pretty sure was intentionally bad, strangely works in its own right, especially when the villain they're singing it to gets so annoyed by it that he just ignores the titans and resumes destroying the town. Though easily the major standout is 'My Superhero Movie', which is not only really catchy but has by far the most clever lyrics, which perfectly encapsulate what typically sells superhero films. Prior to the film's release, I joked a bit about how the creators might just go out of their way to make it good just so the critics would eat their words. Not sure if that was the intention, but, hey, we got a good film out of it that's actually worth seeing.

Parent of a 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 year old Written byelizabeth.citron August 2, 2018

It’s a great movie

It was funny and my kids loved it. There was some adult humor and everyone in the theater was laughing.
Adult Written bySpongebobLover July 31, 2018

Funny and goofy

The Movie was funny and loved it!

Parent of a 11 year old Written byAvril S. July 27, 2018

Mocking Superheroes

Adult Written byAngryMom5543 August 4, 2018

THIS MOVIE SCARRED MY KID

I took my 5 year old with autism in everything was going fine (there were a lot of naughty jokes and bad language)until one sence, it’s where the titans tower burns on fire and my son cried so hard that I had to take him out of the theater! Very violoent movie!

Adult Written byJackabe July 29, 2018

BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

HOLY GUACAMOLE! THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME! SEE IT IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CAN!

Adult Written byStevie111 July 29, 2018

Silly superhero comedy isn't much like the show

Teen Titans Go to the Movies was not what I was expecting. I actually think the show is pretty funny, even though it is ridiculous. I expected the same. The movie had more of message a toned it down for the most part, even though there were a few ridiculous moments. It was taken too seriously in my opinion. I didn't think the jokes were consistently funny. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. There is lots of slapstick violence and action including explosions, shooting with guns or lasers, and fighting. There are some dark references to more violent super hero movies. There is also a lot of potty humor. I found the movie just okay and wouldn't really recommend it.

Adult Written byPhil Deville July 28, 2018

I Didn’t Think They’d do it!

Wow, um I didn’t know they had the budget to do this. The show isn’t that good and if they were going to have a movie just do a straight to dvd kind of thing. I’m still shocked

Adult Written byPhilly Cheesesteak November 11, 2018

Terrifying

I saw this movie with my 18 year old, throughout the whole entire film he was absolutely terrified by the graphic violence and imagery presented in this "Kids" movie. I don't recommend this at all for families with kids under 18, should have been rated R.

Adult Written byKyle A August 10, 2018

More than expected

I've seen the show. Big atrocity to ever hit Tv. I was expecting the movie to be just as bad. I was actually surprised by how good it was. It showed positive messages about teamwork and staying true to yourself, while maintaining good humor. There was 6 butt jokes across the entire movie at the most, and it wasn't that much like the show at all. I was very satisfied and surprised at this movie. I recommend it.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byMissyact July 30, 2018

Not like the tv show

Movie is safe for any age really. Unfortunately, I planned my twins birthday party at the movies to see this because we are big Teen Titans Go fans. I expected the movie to be funny and witty like the show and it wasn’t. We were all very disappointed. I had twenty 7 year olds in a movie theatre and only really heard them laugh once in the beginning. Bummer
Parent of a 17 and 18+ year old Written bynuenjins October 12, 2018

Has it's moments but suprisingly disappointing and witless.

As a long time Teen Titans fan owning the original toon series on DVD I always enjoyed the mix of action, wit and overall interesting storytelling with interesting charecters. HERE, however, Robin is a bufoon, Beast Boy is an extreme ghetto slang stereotype for some reason and star Fire just puts the word THE before every other word to make her seem alien. Between fart jokes and drawn out refrences the actual laughs come few and far between, and it's usually just a slight smile and not gut bustingly funny or truly witty in any way You feel a sense of cluelessness and deparity which culminates at the end when Robin tells kids to ask "where babies come from". it sums up the "please like us again theme " of retreaded material and obvious jokes that try so hard to be edgey but just fall flat overall as banter for banters sake. We definitely would not watch this again. Sad to say, but overall it was just dumb, and NOT in a good way.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byBelinda N. October 11, 2018

This is a pretty good movie, even with a few toilet jokes

This is a pretty good movie. It’s actually rather humorous, at least to me. It’s got some violence and weapons in it, but no blood or gore is shown. The movie is basically making fun of the show the movie came from, as well as other superhero movies like Green Lantern. It’s pretty funny, and my three children enjoyed it.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byElliott and Gwen September 24, 2018

Best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I saw it I thought it was going to be like the tv show.But after I saw it I thought it was the best movie ever!!