Parent and Kid Reviews on

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Movie Poster: Michelangelo rides a skateboard with the movie's title on the underside, while the other turtles are shown underneath
Our Review

Based on 59 parent reviews

Sort by:

How does this have a “family” badge??

We left after ten minutes. Even our seven year old said that it wasn’t appropriate. Kind of shocked this had a common sense family badge on it. This is about the third recent review from this site that we completely disagree with.
24 people found this helpful.

THIS MOVIE IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR YOUNG KIDS

Not sure how this got certified by common sense. Objective stuff first: has at least 15+ cuss words ("what the hell?" is said about 12x and "damn" about 6-8x). CONSTANTLY talking about "murdering" all of humanity and how awful the human race is, thus, the need for genocide Subjective stuff: Very weird (think adult swim), very intense, very aggressive, dark, unsettling, sensory overload and downright gross (the main villain mutates into every sea creature mixed together and its is disturbing to look at). This movie is the reason I'm hesitant to take my kids to the movies and unfortunately, common sense didn't help with this one. Is it creative ? Yes. Is it artistic? Yes. Is it anything else? NO. Great for stoned 20-somethings, not for my 8 year old. Actually, not even for me. Absolutely inappropriate for the audience it was marketed to.

18 people found this helpful.

NOT A KIDS MOVIE

We got up and left. It is not for kids. They disobey their dad. They try to lie to him to hide their activity but Leo tattles on them and then his brothers are mad. The language is inappropriate for children under the age of 14. In my opinion what I saw is this movie is that it is trash. Save your time. Save your money. Save your children. A friend sent me this common sense media link after we left the movie. I am upset with myself for not doing more research. They marketed this movie to children. It’s disgusting.

10 people found this helpful.

This movie makes you feel yucky 🤢

Violence and swearing including torture - namely “milking” which is also particularly offensive to mothers who nursed. Cartoon scenes are dark and ugly. Violence also extends to way characters speak in a way that seems more real and frightening than other cartons.
9 people found this helpful.

Extremely Upset With This Movie

I am very disappointed with this movie. My kid has been wanting to see it for weeks and with a pg rating and the trailers, it looked ok. I thought that the plot was good and the turtles were funny in a kid way. However, halfway through the movie my view changed. The scenes became scary, including torture, stabbing, and multiple fear factors. My kid became scared shortly after. If that wasn’t bad enough, they started using language such as “pissed off”, “piss,” “damn,” and “hell.” I was extremely disappointed and my kid asked if we could leave.

9 people found this helpful.

Gross and visually ugly. Certainly not PG!!

This movie was gross. The turtles were o.k. The overall look of the cartoon was harsh and truly ugly. There were inappropriate crude remarks throughout. Ex: he has his nose up dad's butt. I bet it smells like cheese and Doritos! UGH! ALSO constant reference to "milking" them. Response we don't even have nipples! UGH!!! Creatures are disgustingly horrible looking. Lots of violence. My 8 year old grandson knew it was gross not FUNNY!! LOTS OF VOMITING! I did not know it was a Seth movie. The trailers being shown are not a true representation of the content of the "movie". Definitely not PG!!! We heard a little girl screaming during the most violent part . The family left. Overall gross and very ugly to look at.

Definitely not a PG movie

The movie is graphic, violent, and crass. Never mind the opening scenes when they are stealing. Definitely not suitable for under 13. We left the movie because it was so bad. Very disappointed in the CommonSense endorsement of the movie. I should have the parent reviews before going.

TikTok Turtles: Cringe Mayhem

A masterclass in the assassination of beloved characters. Every aspect of this pile of garbage was asinine - from replacing classic April with a vomiting troll, to making turtles themselves insecure losers clamouring social media likes, stealing groceries, dropping lame pop-culture references and treating their mentor/father figure Splinter with contempt. Who, for the most part in this, is portrayed as a human-hating bigot and buffoon. Sheesh, man! Plus, there are plenty of "jokes" about milking male characters, Bebop at one point declaring that he's "fully roused", pride month posters displayed at the school and more. I mean - Why?! This is supposed to be a children's movie. What an utter shame and waste of talent. Go home Hollywood, you're drunk.
7 people found this helpful.

The Ninja Turtles are back in a fun, but occasionally crass adventure.

Seth Rogen's take on the iconic Ninja Turtles has proven to be a good choice, given its emphasis on fun, teamwork, and acceptance. But what parents may need to know is that, unlike most films from studios such as Pixar and Dreamworks, the film deserves its PG rating. The violence is mostly cartoonish; even so, at least two on-screen deaths occur. The first is caused by an explosion and the other regards a man stabbed through the helmet with details obscured. There are also some references to murdering as well as some threats. These harsh acts are, obviously, depicted as wrong and ultimately starts the "good v. evil" clash at the end. Other comical fight sequences occur throughout the movie. There is also some mild, inappropriate language found in the film. There are sporadic uses of "crap," "d*mn," "p*ss," and occasional misuses of "hell." Religious exclamations are also present. Crude humor includes infrequent "rear" jokes and an unfunny sequence of someone regurgitating extensively. Sexual themes are limited to light flirting and an uncomfortable kiss between two mutants. Despite some edge, the new TMNT picture provides positive messages, mainly regarding the four turtles working as a team and reasoning that not all mutants are senseless killers. Supporting characters also showcase friendliness and cooperation with these unusual teenagers. If your child understands that villains planning to kill is wrong and are not subject to repeating some profanities, this is a recommended family-fun adventure with a lot of heart.

6 people found this helpful.