All parent member reviews for Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Parent Written byrev78 July 4, 2012

Avoid it.

This is bad on numerous levels. No child under 15 should see this, given the "values" it posits, although I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. Firstly, it attempts to validate the lunatic fringe survivalist culture which suspects the government is out to get them. Next, both the kid and his mother are reprehensible characters. Violence-wise, both the "good" guys and the villain torture and kill indiscriminately; the fact that the kid tells Arnold not to kill two two people who try to help him hardly assuages the torture and pain inflicted on them. Finally, on a formal level the acting is shallow and the dialogue is irritating.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJustJulia09 May 4, 2011

Depends on your 10yr old's maturity level

My 10 yr old daughter loved it. She's "gifted & talented" & wise beyond her years. It's up to each parent to decide if the movie is suitable for their own child. I always watch them 1st then make that decison. It was pretty loud w/ gunfire, yelling and chase scenes, but at least when the terminators got shot, it wasn't a lot of blood & guts. No sex, no bathroom humor and a few curse words.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

Funny and awesome

It has alot of violence and scary scenes but is not a very bad movie just make sure it is okay that your kids wan't say any words that you don't want them to say, but if you don't care if your kids say s*7/ and f=*k its a great funny movie that is heartwarming and violent
Parent of a 11 year old Written bykidsarefun July 25, 2010

perfect for age 10-17

Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 18, 2010

Yes a good film!

The best film I have ever seen.
Adult Written byHAK January 14, 2009

Awsome

This movie is awsome. If parents don't like there kids hearing the f-word out of a 14 year old than rent in at block buster.
Parent Written byAvp December 31, 2014
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 July 2, 2014

Violent sequel good if not better than original

I know this is commonly seen as one of the best sci-fi/sequels/movies of all time, though I can see how people of the 90s seeing it in a theater for the first time and those still cool now liquid metal effects could nostalgically paint it golden. While the movie has a few flaws, like Linda Hamilton's bizarre overacting when she is shooting the creator of Skynet. Otherwise, Arnold is even better than he was in the original, his steely eyes conflicting with the silly saying John teaches him. The role plays to his strengths, and along with the nearly nonstop action, I can see why everyone in '91 rushed to the theaters in droves.
Parent Written bySinfoniarc August 5, 2010

T2 = $52 Million/Avatar = $500 million (You judge which is better)

One of the most striking things, for me, about this movie is that Arnold doesn't kill anyone--or at least it doesn't show him killing anyone. If you're a fan of the movies, you're aware of how much more violent Arnold's character is in the first movie. In 1991, this movie was the most expensive ever made ($52 million) and broke down all kinds of technological barriers. Having said that, the movie is chock full of bad language, rebellious youth, and stylized violence. Some teenagers will be able to relate to some of John Connor (Edward Furlong)'s frustrations as he's been shuffled around from foster parent to foster parent, has a clinically crazy mother, skips school, and steals money. Of course, the T-100 (Schwarzenegger) is a cold, remorseless, robot, incapable of showing any type of emotion that has been re-programmed by a futuristic John Connor to save himself as a teenager. Despite being violet and having a ton of bad language, there's a lot of positive messages one can take aware from the movie. One is that "you can't kill people". John tries throughout the duration of the movie to explain this to the terminator, a concept that he's capable of following but is incapable of comprehending. Another is the very strong anti-war/nuclear weapons message and that if humans are going to wage war on another, they need to be in control. Because the machines are emotionless, they're incapable of making moral judgements, something that the human race should be conscientious of. A typical Cameron film, there are also elements of anti-establishment within the picture. I saw this movie at the age of 12 in the theaters with my dad and we both loved it. I think 12 year olds of today can enjoy it as well, if coached by a parent, and given maybe a little bit of help to understand the complexity of the undertones within the movie.
Adult Written by4Spice June 9, 2010

great classic watch it you'll it

teens will love this movie T2 IS THE BEST ONE lots of shooting ski fighting 14 and older for violence and intense scenes a one kissing part otherwise a real classic
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009

amazing movie! some violence and strong language
Adult Written byfenixataris182 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008

This is probably my favorite movie so, obviously it is my favorite of the Terminator trilogy. The violence, although frequent, isn't VERY graphic; a couple guys get stabbed, cyborgs are mutilated, some people are shot, and the Connors are in constant peril. SOME language, smoking and drinking, but okay for most kids 16+. Some of the best action around, T2.