Parent reviews for Terminator: Dark Fate

Terminator: Dark Fate Poster Image

good film

I love all Terminator Movies

I love all Terminator Movies, I grew up on them. kept me going so far!

Terminator dark fate

Violence 10/10 Language 10/10 Nudity 6/10 Role models 0/10 Positive messages 2/10 Drinking 4/10 Consumerism 4/10

Pointless.

This is a terrible movie wish was never made the dialog is cring worthy and story is horrible. Feels more like trying to replace all male ace characters with females instead again. (Was made by Kathleen Kennedy.? As feels like trying kill of terminator movies like she did with star wars.) Also bit bad rip off of previous and 100% min better movie's came before. P.s. Makes even worse that sky tv have 4 odd star's for this peace of trash. (At time wrote this.)

bad

very disappointing don't even watch, originals are better.

This new terminator reboot/sequel is underrated yet not perfect

As the sixth terminator film, Terminator: Dark Fate handles things pretty well. It is arguably not an amazing movie, but the people who worked on it couldn't really have done any better given the fact that it is the sixth in a franchise. With that being said, it is pretty fun (Even though, it is the most average/mediocre movie ever known to humans)

Dark Fate answers a few lingering questions.

Terminator: Dark Fate is the latest edition to the franchise. We find out that "several" Terminators were sent back in time to kill John Connor. With the help of his mother (Sarah) they happen to elude most of them. Spoiler Alert: Early in the movie, a Terminator finds 12 year old John and kills him. His mother Sarah, through rage and revenge, hunts down every Terminator that she can. Although Skynet was stopped, a new AI came to power called Legion, and new, and more deadly Terminators are sent back to kill a seemingly ordinary girl, who happens to lead the resistance against Legion in the future. What we can gather from this movie is that you might be able to alter time on some level, but "Fate" precludes that major events still happen, although they may contain different characters along the way. A considerable amount of swearing in this movie (a lot of F-bombs) and some side nudity as the Terminators come through the time vortex naked. I read a lot of bad reviews of this movie and so I didn't have my hopes up, but I was pleasantly surprised. Even my wife stated "what movie were those reviewers watching? This was a good movie!" I agree. Definitely a lot of killing but not much for blood, very reminiscent of T1 and T2.

Glimpse of life Terminated by more mediocrity. Starts OK, then flops hard.

No spoilers. Just generalities. It starts with a glimmer of hope and it's familiarity seems, at first, to be a setup for some new twists and turns. A decent action sequence or 2 in, with some spotty CG here and there, and you're almost sold that this could be promising. The introduction of Sara is done well, nostalgic nods all around, but you start to see things go downhill ever so slightly as her character becomes somewhat cliche' and gets borderline annoying. Her mixed bag of being jaded and arrogant stifles the likability of her "tough chic" persona, and this is your first clue to the film quality slipping. The writing gets sloppier as it goes, then at one point just takes a nose dive into "who gives a crap"territory with a Fast and Furious style absurdity where reality and consequences are irrelevant and the shoe horned cheese is embarrassing. To top it all off, the bad guy turns out being nothing really new as this ends up being just another generic Terminator movie that perhaps sets the bar even lower than some of the previous films they chose to ignore in the timeline. This film IS NOT a course correction, it's more of the same. The first 30 minutes will fool you, but take heed, it will be a chore for the last 30. This movie makes an assumed false promise to be better by sweeping almost everything after Terminator 2 under the rug but ends up being no better, if not worse, than most of them. At the end, I think everyone realizes this movie was more for Arnold and 'virtue points' rather than the audience. FOR KIDS: A good deal of darkened female nudity at the beginning, peppered language throughout, lots of violence and blood.

Cameron delivers