All parent member reviews for The Adjustment Bureau

Parent of a 14 year old Written byAPPROPRATE March 25, 2011

lovely movie

I love how Blunt and Damon will do so much for eachother. but there are many rude words
Adult Written bycatymg July 2, 2011

Interesting and Unique

I really enjoyed this movie and I feel like it is definitely appropriate for older teenagers. They slip that always-annoying "f" word in the middle of the story. But the plot is very engaging and the characters like-able.
Adult Written bykhan2705 March 11, 2011

Surprisingly good movie.

3.5/5 Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)--a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself--the men of The Adjustment Bureau--who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her. The Adjustment Bureau is written for the screen and directed by George Nolfi (writer of Ocean's Twelve, co-writer of The Bourne Ultimatum). It is based on a short story by Philip K. D*ck ("Total Recall," "Minority Report" and "Blade Runner"). well i agree with A Critic saying one of the most smart movies of America that could have been great if was a little bit daring or being pushed a little more but still i loved it. i was not expecting much from it. i was like it might be a dull and boring movie but it was way more than that. very smart and simple plot that really makes your interest level throughout the movie which is great. well this is a Sci-fi romantic thriller drama. the best thing according to me about this movie is the fact it keeps a perfect balance between Romance and Sci-fi which is rare but great and the way the movie is, thrilling but simple, smart plot and not overly done or much twisted. such a delight to watch. screenplay of this movie was good, very simple. story was interesting and entertaining and lovely to watch. direction was very good. production design was amazing. costumes were great very posh and stylish. cinematography was good. Matt Damon was good in this movie. Emily Blunt did a fine job. such a rare movie but a good one. towards the end it got very amazingly entertaining and enjoyable. the door scenes were really good. length of the movie is short. i loved this movie and so will you.
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler September 29, 2015

MUST SEE for the mature, despite innuendo

Be wary of language and premarital sex, but this movie is totally worth watching.
Parent of a 13 and 17 year old Written bykaren bo baren March 25, 2011

Mildly entertaining and fairly clean, but silly.

As the commercials lead us to believe, it's an entertaining "puzzle" type movie, which I usually like, however, once I realized what the secret was, things took a turn toward laughable. As my husband put it, it's sad when Hollywood so blatantly shows it's ignorance of Biblical truth. And a couple of things, like the "hats", were just so silly we had to laugh. It could have been so much better... but it was mildly entertaining and fairly clean. I won't be anxiously awaiting the DVD release, once was definitely enough!
Adult Written byScott_C September 14, 2012

Good movie and Great actors

I have to disagree with Commonsense on the topic of Positive messages. While what they say is true, it is slightly out of context. You can't look at it as if the Case Workers do things to keep people on their paths for their fate, but rather, the random daily events that happen are caused by them, not for your fate, but to lead you to your destiny. The Case Workers are a metaphor for how things happen for a reason. In the case of this movie, both character's paths were to be great and successful, and during the movie, you find out how both of their futures wouldn't be the same if they stayed together. The problem is that humans act off emotions, but the Case Workers don't, so they don't see it the same way. If anything, I see more positive message than none, mostly that you should fight for what you believe in and who you love. Don't let others determine your destiny. Another thing could be your take on the movie's thoughts on Christianity, basically considering God and angels, as the Chairman and Case Workers. It's neither portrayed as good or bad though. It is simply a metaphor and explanation for why things happen. It is a little bit of a heavy movie, but nothing compared to Inception or similar movies. The plot is clear after watching once, and makes sense the whole way through a second, and it's one of those movies that for the general audience who would care to watch this kind of movie, they are old enough.
Adult Written bybdh July 4, 2011

stupid but good

not that good just stupid but it is entertaining.