Parent reviews for The Adventures of Ociee Nash

The Adventures of Ociee Nash Poster Image

Based on 1 review

It was very good family oriented and captured everyones attention

This is a wonderful show. Especially for the close knit family with girls. It taught so many different lessons. It was just a great movie.

Fun adventure story, especially for girls.

My 7-year-old daughter LOVES this movie and would watch it again and again if the rest of us didn't insist on a little more variety. Ociee is a plucky, spirited girl who makes a good role model. The story is overblown, syrupy, Hallmark-y, whatever you want to call it. But my kid loves this movie (her 9 year old brother will watch it, but doesn't love it).

Great Family Movie

My family and I enjoyed this movie very much! My 7 year old daughter said it was really good. As another parent review did I pre warned her about the fire. At first she didn't want to watch because of that. Once she started watching the movie she was hooked. My husband enjoyed it as well. We had happy cries. :)

Great Family Night Film!

We watched this together as a family (mom, dad, 11 yr old girl, 7 year old boy and 3 yr old girl.) The movie exemplified OUR values: kindness, modesty, love, charity, etc) in a fun and entertaining manner even though the movie itself took place over 100 years ago. No objections to the religious content as we are Christians ourselves. A wonderful way to spend a Thursday evening..

Lovely family film

This is a sweet movie that highlights friendship and love. I especially love the fact that the fearsome stranger, a gypsy, turns into a warm friend by the end! Ociee is sent away from her father and brother, to be brought up by her aunt, and that opened up a conversation in our family about changing gender roles. There is a fire, which we are let to understand to have been intentionally set, and I was glad to have been able to warn my 5 year-old about it beforehand, so she was prepared for it. It was not scary in a way that might induce nightmares, though. Ever since we first watched it, my kids have asked to see this time and time again.

Adorable movie with a good role model in Ociee Nash. The book is also wonderful so if you haven't read it, it's deffinately worth the time!