Kid reviews for The Art of Racing in the Rain

Weepy wisdom dispensed in dog drama about life and loss.

Teen, 17 years old Written byawsumgrl August 11, 2019

One of the best movies I have ever seen!

This is an adorable movie with a beautiful message and shows the strong relationship between a caring dad and a loyal dog. It shows the importance of family and how beneficial it can be to have somebody always at your side. There are some deaths, though, which is why it is not appropriate for very young children. Overall, it is a wonderful movie to watch with your family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAVkid August 23, 2019

What you should know about: The Art of Racing in the Rain

What you should know is that you are almost guaranteed to cry when you watch this movie, a few of the main characters die and suffer some pretty bad injury’s. There is no cussing and no sex stuff either, but the dad does meet a lady and gets married to her and has kid, but does not show that. When they have kids.There are lots of great messages in the movie including team work and helping.The only scene that is iffy is a scene where the moms parents take the dad to court and take away his daughter from him because he shoved the moms dad. But other wise I thought the movie was definitely 5 stars, not three, thank you for reading!

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2019

Great but emotional

This movie is very emotional. Although there is a happy ending, this movie has content that not all younger kids will understand.
Teen, 16 years old Written by21EmmS August 20, 2019

Sad but good

The movie was very sad at times, but overall I thought it was a good movie. Death is a part of life and everyone will have to deal with it at some point. I would suggest bringing some tissues and that young kids who love dogs shouldn’t see this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaytmtb August 19, 2019

Best BOOK Ever!

I have not yet watched the movie, but this is by far my favorite book! It made me laugh and cry, as the best books give you emotion. I recommend this for everyone, just for younger kids it might be harder to understand, and there is some foul language.
*This is for the book, I have never watched the movie but could not find the book on here*

Teen, 16 years old Written byunlimitedmember03 August 16, 2019

Good but sad

A nice heart-warming film but has a lot of sad moments

Teen, 15 years old Written bytheReviewingKoala August 13, 2019

Really emotional and a huge tear-jerker

There are two deaths in the movie. Denny's wife Eve dies because of brain cancer. Later in the movie Enzo the dog, the narrator dies. It's hard not to cry because it's so easy to get into the characters. Also Denny and Eve kiss a lot, so younger kids may not be able to handle the amount of kissing. It's also scary when Enzo gets hit by a car and when Eve collapses in the woods when she walked Enzo.
Because of Eve's death, their daughter Zoey's maternal grandparents tried to take away custody of Zoey from Denny. Denny before he went to court was separated from Zoey for long periods of time. In that time, he hired a lawyer to try to reclaim custody of his daughter which he won the case and moved to Italy to get a new job. Also Denny lost his criminal charges for hurting his father in law while arguing who should have Zoey. Also his father in law told his wife to lie in court, which she did and admitted in court that she lied. It's a good movie if you like emotional movies with dogs.