Kid reviews for The Artist

The Artist Poster Image

A great movie!

This movie is definitely a masterpiece and I loved it!This film is worth thinking about after watching. It is for older children because of some violent and scary scenes and scenes of drinking alcohol and smoking.

Amazing movie, takes context to understand.

The Artist is an astonishing film, with lots of thought put into it. Representing the transition from silent film to ''talkies'' , or film with audio in Hollywood, it's not only educational, but also very intriguing with a developed plot and comedy sprinkled into the movie. The reason I say The Artist is for people 13+ is the context that is required to understand various themes, along with those themes themselves. These themes include smoking, drinking, and attempted suicide. This movie also requires context on the great depression. Returning to a brighter note, The Artist surprised me immensely, being made in 2011. The Artist is a mostly silent film, so people who can concentrate to whats going on and read occasional on-screen text will enjoy this movie. I should know, I watched the entire movie with my mother and enjoyed it as such. The main point here is context. collected or experienced from outside sources, or just pausing the movie and having it quickly explained to you, this movie requires context to be enjoyable. I personally give The Artist a 5/5 rating, with a beautiful story and basically perfect execution. The Artist is definitely worth anybody's time!

Great homage to silent films.

The Artist is a homage to movies from the 20’s and 30’s, silent films to be exact. The movie is very good and is a delightful reminder of older films and how influential they are. The mature content is not graphic here, at least not very, but chances are this film will bore children out of their minds. Legitimate violence only comes to play on one scene where it appears as if a character is going to commit suicide via a gun. The only other “violence” comes into play as scenes that are parts of the films in which the characters are creating, but never include any blood or gore and only include things such as a very non-graphic “torture” scene. A middle finger is shown and d—n oops up in the word cards. Some kisses and dances are shown. Some drinking to excess, not particularly graphic though. Also smoking is very common throughout. Positive messages and role models b may be here but are somewhat iffy as some characters seem to become more depressed as they lose their belongings.

One of my favorite films!

This is a truly moving film. It tells of a silent actor whose fame and fortune start to deteriorate, while a bright newcomer he meets gradually rises to the top of Hollywood's stars. For those who like learning about film history, this also provides a view of the transition from silent films to "talkies," or talking pictures, films with sound. The movie is presented in a silent film style, so be prepared to be transported to a world that no longer exists in life - but in memory and time. On the other hand, I would recommend this to teens and adults, but not really to anyone younger. Parents, your mature tweens might enjoy it, but children might wanna stay away. The climax of the film can be deeply disturbing to some.

Great

A smart, touching silent film

Ignore the stupid stereotype about silent movies being boring

There are those young teens around my age who say this amazing movie is boring, and when I ask them, they say "It sucks because it's silent!" The worst reason for a movie to be boring. This is a great movie! Just because it was silent doesn't mean it's boring! Get those people to unplug from sound once in a while!

beautiful movie

I love this movie and watched it for the first time on an airplane. First of all, there was no strong language or sex in the movie. The end scene may upset some kids. I strongly think it should be rated PG.

Disappointing

This was an ok movie, just ok. It was kind of depressing because the character was so sad all the time and he also was about to kill himslef at the end. I did not enjoy it at all.

I used to think that silent films weren't good.

Well, I was wrong. The Artist is really awesome, and not just for a silent film, for a movie, too. I loved it!

Silent Knockout

The Artist is one of the best movies of the decade, and needs very few words to become that. Except for two particularly intense scenes involving attempted suicide and a burning building respectively, as well as one very brief middle finger, the movie is pretty accessible to most age groups. The issue is most younger children won't be able to appreciate it. For a person who loves movies and has the attention span to appreciate nothing but visuals and music for 2 hours, this is the movie for them.