Parent reviews for The Back-up Plan

The Back-up Plan Poster Image

NOT FOR KIDS

Well there's a lot of sucking lips but also boys loads of swearing it can freek kids out like when a women gave birth I thought it is quite inapropriate for kids my and my boyfriend watch it on Netflix we loved but it's approximately suitable for 15 and up

The back up plan review

Great movie! Jennifer Lopez did an outstanding job! Kuddos to her! But on the other hand here come the negitives. Jennifer is distressed because she cant find a man she can settle down with so she gets a sperm doner so she can get pregnant. The process is not shown but when she walks out of the building she walks pretty funny. There is also a scene where jennifer and the guy she met have sex. First they make out, then they fall on the table and the man lowers himself down onto Jennifer and is moving on Jennifers vagina in circles and Jennifers panties and dress are clearly off and she makes noises that indicate she is injoying him in between her vigina and that she likes his passoniate kisses. Then they get up and she throws up in his sink as a side affect of being pregnant. It is also shows Jennifer naked looking at her self in the mirror and before her boyfriend comes in she hides. (nothing is shown) Then jennifer dresses in a sexy night gown and is seducing her boyfriend into sex while she is pregnant. Then it also shows her boyfriend half naked on a tractor and jennifer crashes into a tree.There is also a distressing birth scene with one of the moms from the club, and she is in a plastic pool on her knees and screaming in a wierd mannor. It shows her babys head comming out of her vigina and she is looking down at it. Its kinda disturbing. And towards the end she throws up indicating that shes pregnant again. Great movie other than the sex parts!

The Back Up Plan Review

It was a very well done movie~ I laughed so many times during it~ The barn seen was a little inapropriate and Jennifer Lopez makes some noises when they were in there that arent very apropriate. The birth seen was very inapropriate, I think the movie could have done with out that scene... The whole head thing was really disturbing. But other than that it was great! The end I never would have expected it~ :)

Predictable

I think that the plot behind the story is okay, but this movie doesn't set the best example for your kids. Having a baby just because you are desperate and then finding Mr. Right. Too much sex, making out at his cheese factory, throwing up afterwards. The Usual breaking up and getting back together. One part where a single mother has her baby from her house and J.LO falls into the blood. Swearing is a little too much for under 12. It's okay but not a must see

Perfect for older kids

To go against my beliefs, values that I passed. I'm not someone who is not listening to others and to stand at any cost. flip flops

Predictable

A rather bland chick-flick, with little deviation from the "standard formula", The Back Up Plan leaves some to be desired. Varying from over-dramatic despair (if I can't have a man then I'm going to have a baby), to the hollywood version of pregnancy (eating tons of unhealthy food in bed while gaining no weight aside from the 'baby bump'), Jennifer Lopez seems to be trying to send the message that it is okay for young women to put up a front of independence while being a 'damzel in distress' behind closed doors. However, this movie does send the message that life's challenges can be overcome if you put the effort in.

Movie was fine

The birthing scene was in no way explicit. You could not see any nakedness, just her lower back, you don't see any head coming out or anything like that. I think people find it disturbing is because the woman is screaming and making unpleasant noises, but any woman who has been through natural labor knows thats kinda how it is in real life, but it was meant to be humorous. The story was cute with a happy ending, but the orgasm scene was a little uncomfortable to watch, so if you have teens who are unfamiliar with things, it may be a bit awkward to explain. But overall it was a cute movie.

Perfectly fine

I have no major concerns with this movie, although the birth scene is a bit over-the-top and ridiculous, which, by the way, the woman is not totally naked, she's only naked from the waist down, which is under water and obviously distorted by the water. As for it possibly making birthing and parenting repulsive to teens, if a parent believes they are mature enough to watch romantic comedies (which most have sexual themes worse than this) then the teen is mature enough to learn about the facts of life. Childbirth is painful and not pretty. Get over it. I like how it portrays the reality of women who feel like their biological clock is ticking and "Mr. Right" is nowhere to be found, instead of making it seem like Mr. Right is perfect and under your nose the whole time. Overall it is a cute movie that shows how the right man can step up to the plate even when the children aren't biologically his.

Pointless and potentially harmful for the teens

After my wife and I saw it we asked ourselves "what was really the point of this brainless movie?" How do they even dare to label it as PG-13. Although we're very liberal, we asked ourselves what's any potential "positive" on exposing young minds to so many orgasm scenes and dialogue? We're not only disappointed with the misleading rating system but also the ordinary plot and shallow message.

all the funny parts were in the previews...

smutty humor - not appropriate for kids and adults who have more class will see right through the attempt at shock-value humor - you may laugh as a knee-jerk reaction but otherwise not a feel good / genuienly funny movie :(