Kid reviews for The BFG

Sweet Dahl book adaptation has big heart, big scares.

Teen, 15 years old Written bydjvine13 June 26, 2016

ALL For Modenate scary moments

Teen, 13 years old Written byxMovieReviewer_ June 24, 2016

Dazzling and beautifully entertaining "remake" is intense and a bit frightening but brilliant.

My rating:PG for thematic frightening images, some language, and rude humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvMovies July 2, 2016

Slow Paced, But Still Overall Pretty Good

The BFG is kind of a hard movie to watch. It felt like most of the scenes went pretty slow, making the film a little longer than it needs to be. On the other hand is not that all bad. However, I wouldn't recommend bringing a kid who doesn't like slow paced movies (Kind of like me) or anyone under 6 (Considering the fact that I went with one of my cousins) It's surprisingly not that scary in a sense. One scene I particularly enjoyed was the fart scene. The BFG tells the story of a girl named Sophie who gets captured by a friendly giant named the BFG. The BFG doesn't eat humans unlike the rest of the "evil" giants. So he befriends Sophie and they go on a adventure to stop the evil giants from eating humans. This movie is a fun, enjoyable, if slow adventure.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRoanstone July 5, 2016

Another Charming Film

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this Spielberg film adaptation, but after about fifteen minutes into the movie, I really started to like it. It's a beautifully made, charming, and magical movie that I'm sure many, young and old, will be able to enjoy. The movie itself is somehow different in atmosphere from what you see in theaters lately, and I think that makes it even more lovable. The film has good messages, role models, and teaches young children about courage, friendship, and love. There is a little bit of violence (like trolls eating a person) but it isn't gruesome. The only thing I didn't really like about the film was the use of crude humor (particularly gas jokes) which felt a bit out of place and not something I personally would like to see in a film that invites children. Otherwise, it is a lovely film and I would definitely encourage you to see it.

Kid, 8 years old August 16, 2016

scary,for a 5 year old.Very good movie

the BFG was a very good movie.If you have toddlers or 6 and below kids I prefer not to watch with them.But otherwise sure!At times it can be dark or scary.At others they teach you lessons or it can be funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAllyIzzieCoolz23 July 27, 2016

The movie we have been waiting for.

Wow. This story really hit my heart. The animation is amazing (OMG, just LOOK at the pictures in the book!) The heart of the story is PURE GOLD, and the actors are astonishing.

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2016

Great movie but kinda scary with a dark side to it

Very cute and funny movie but some scares. Some scary scenes of peril like a girl getting picked up by a giant and a smaller giant getting bullied. Mentions of blood and flesh eaters. Drunk people can be seen in the streets of Lundon but it will go over little kids heads. So overall this is a cute movie with some scares and was funnier then i expected! It also has great messages and role models but it has some scary scenes which is why i recommend this movie to older kids.

Kid, 7 years old August 2, 2016

Best Movie Ever!

It's really cool and it's one of my favourite movies!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDatOneGuyWhoHasLogic December 14, 2017

Not what we expected

This movie looked like a very good movie...but when we watched it we were disapointed. The movie is full of stupid humor and it made zero sense (especialy the end). Dont watch this.
Kid, 9 years old December 5, 2016

GREAT movie!!! REALLY worth seeing!

It’s a great variation of the book. It has a bit of toilet humour, but kids will love it! A bit of scariness, but not that much. I loved the slimy vegetables! All in all, it was pretty good!

Teen, 17 years old Written bymcashd55 October 21, 2016

BFG Has Some Sparks But Not Enough

For me, the movie was positively boring and not very exciting. For my mom and dad, they thought it was great. It definitely was not what I expected based on the trailers, however it has great heart and a positive message. Personally, I would not recommend it especially for younger kids. I think younger kids would find it too thought-provoking and a bit too slow and lack of magic.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine August 15, 2016

"The BFG" Is A Colossal Adaptation Worthy of Disney

"The BFG" brings back to film industry to Steven Spielberg with a genuine work aimed at adults and infants that covets to has the same impact than the previous classics of the director, nevertheless, his film does not capture such pleasures. The central axis of the film is Sophie (newcomer Ruby Barnhill), an orphan of 11 years old suffers child insomnia, her disorder makes she believes in "the witching hour", moment in which children of all the world are kidnapped by unidentified creatures. Sophie is kidnapped by the BFG (Rylance), who takes her to his home, which is beyond of Great Britain, beyond of mountain chains, more beyond of cloudscape. The apparent giant lives there, in a rustic house under a crag, however, he coexists with nine giants more, which belong to different alimentary prototypes, but, they concur with one special ideal: humiliate tremendously to the oldest and smallest of their countrymen. The BFG is the most diminutive (based on height) of his kind, nevertheless, has the heart more sensitive than others of his class; eating rotten and nasty vegetables and preparing his sleepy potions the giant spends his days, even so, Sophie has different plans in mind. The film is full of significant elements cared for thoroughly, it is in charge of each small visual and aural detail, it is in charge of each small sentimental detail. Friendship, nostalgia, pragmatism, temperance, dreaming and fighting are aspirations transmitted from beginning to end, thanks to the detailed atmosphere engendered by Spielberg and his crew. The first collaboration between Walt Disney Pictures and Amblin Entertainment (Spielberg's company) guarantees comfortable and suggestive expectations. Based on the British literature of Roald Dahl, "The BFG" is an adventure reflectively intimate and fascinating. Melissa Mathison ("ET") adapted wonderfully the pages of Dahl creating a trip completely familiar and faithful. Mark Rylance (2016 Oscar Winner for Actor in a Supporting Role for "Bridge of Spies") portrays a marginalized giant who lives with encapsulated dreams and rotten vegetables in a country where equality is under the ground. His signing up was imminent after he won gold at the Oscars Awards, and although, this was a dissimilar character to the of his statuette, the veteran actor interprets it with great lucidity and professionalism that a nomination would not be coincidental the next year. Rylance sustains the film, his unique vocabulary and his aspects captured with CGI costumes adorn and venerate the complexity of the original storytelling, creating an eminent interpretation. Barnhill is beginner in the profession, she did not get the impact of Jacob Tremblay in "Room" film, since she was not the typical girl that asks for everything and conveyed femininity, she is a leader, an orphan who knows distinguish between reality and unreality, nevertheless, she is left to hypnotize by the imaginary fantasies of the tale Dahl. Whatever is the project that Spielberg takes to the big screen will have colossal greediness, Why?. As one of the best directors of the century, Steven Allan Spielberg captivated us with works worthy of carry his name, stories that are changed in classic instant and that have helped to forge the childhood of hundreds of people, who has not seen at least one of his films; this man is a cinematic god, a perpetual director, screenwriter, editor, producer and designer that guarantees monumental successes until the end of his days. For these and thousands of reasons do not leave of surprise us his last invention, which not manages to get that gleaming shine of his golden years, Yes, it is an excellent movie in all the parameters, but with Spielberg the word "excellent" not is impassable. Assiduously, the film takes advantage of his majesty and inventive, Spielberg knows how to handle to the perfection his elements, the dreams tree or the escape of London leverage the splendor visual impregnated by colors, reflections, and lights. The ambitions were excessive and although "The BFG" tried to be "E.T." for the new generations would be Utopian; we are in an age where children are more mature and developed than any adult mind, there are not already girls who believed in fairies or children who wished to have an alien friend, those times have already passed and BFG receives a hard blow with reality. Spielberg demonstrates that still has strength and imagination in his films; "The BFG" survives by its own merits and is not necessary to compare it with a classic, an independent and well developed product that transforms the darkness of the original story for children into an adventure full of dreams, colors and expectations that preserve the hard-work of Rylance and Spielberg, and of course, the debut of Ruby Barnhill.

Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2016

really fun

amazing!! very funny. a very family friendly movie that is ok for kids at least 8+ to watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeckledhyena January 21, 2018

Wonderful live-action remake, but can be scary at times

The visual effects are very well made. Though, some moments are really scary, especially because of how realistic it is. But I believe most kids won't be too scared. There are some lighthearted moments, and.. well.. the queen has corgis!

Teen, 17 years old Written byGoRuby August 14, 2016

Overrated

Kid, 7 years old August 13, 2016

Worth seeing!!!

This is a lovely movie for families. Some scenes might scare young children under 7. It was a bit boring but very good. Worth seeing it!!!!

Kid, 9 years old July 16, 2016

Great movie!

I thing that families would enjoy The BFG. I think it has a good message in the movie. Although I think the book is better than the movie. I would recommend this adventurous movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShield July 11, 2016

Enjoyable and great for families

Great movie, appropriate for all ages. The animation is very realistic and the Giants could be scary to very young kinds, but the humor makes the Giants less scary and more funny (not that they are supposed to be scary anyway).

Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2016
This movie in my opinion was the best movie of 2016. Stephan speilberg did a really great job on this movie. Kids under 6 years old might be scared of this movie there's a very happy ending.

Kid, 9 years old December 11, 2016