Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Biggest Little Farm

Poignant, thought-provoking docu about sustainable living.

Parent Written byconnieg1 May 27, 2019

We loved it until we had to leave because of upset 10 yr old

Gorgeously shot movie!! My 10 yr old son seemed kind of vaguely offput throughout, and I thought maybe he was bored? But by the time the farmer pulled out a gun to deal with a coyote, my son had had enough. He said "I can't watch any more of this" and started crying.

The movie tells a very interesting story and it does it well, but the amount of death tremendously outpaces the overtly uplifting parts. There is a lot of uplifting stuff that's not super obvious whereas the sad parts are more in your face. It is NOT gory for the most part, but sensitive kids may struggle.

I disagree profoundly that this movie is appropriate for ages 5+. Not only due to the sad parts I mentioned above, obviously, but also the vocabulary is way too advanced and a ton of it was too hard for my kid too. They keep going on and on about the importance of biodiversity on the farm which no way does a little kid know what that means. Anyway.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byJohn4444 April 27, 2019

A M A Z I N G !

Amazing family film. ages 5 and up. Super entertaining for adults and inspiring!

Adult Written bycaliforniahealy July 17, 2019

Good, but not great

Beautiful images. Well shot and inspiring to learn about farming, our food sources, the environment and interconnectedness of all of life. Challenging for sensitive children, especially when the father shots a coyote. This (from my perspective) wasn't essential to the storytelling and I wish they left it out.