Parent reviews for The Biggest Little Farm

Poignant, thought-provoking docu about sustainable living.

Parent Written byconnieg1 May 27, 2019

We loved it until we had to leave because of upset 10 yr old

Gorgeously shot movie!! My 10 yr old son seemed kind of vaguely offput throughout, and I thought maybe he was bored? But by the time the farmer pulled out a gun to deal with a coyote, my son had had enough. He said "I can't watch any more of this" and started crying.

The movie tells a very interesting story and it does it well, but the amount of death tremendously outpaces the overtly uplifting parts. There is a lot of uplifting stuff that's not super obvious whereas the sad parts are more in your face. It is NOT gory for the most part, but sensitive kids may struggle.

I disagree profoundly that this movie is appropriate for ages 5+. Not only due to the sad parts I mentioned above, obviously, but also the vocabulary is way too advanced and a ton of it was too hard for my kid too. They keep going on and on about the importance of biodiversity on the farm which no way does a little kid know what that means. Anyway.

Adult Written bycaliforniahealy July 17, 2019

Good, but not great

Beautiful images. Well shot and inspiring to learn about farming, our food sources, the environment and interconnectedness of all of life. Challenging for sensitive children, especially when the father shots a coyote. This (from my perspective) wasn't essential to the storytelling and I wish they left it out.

Parent of a 5-year-old Written byJohn4444 April 27, 2019

A M A Z I N G !

Amazing family film. ages 5 and up. Super entertaining for adults and inspiring!

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byAnne D. April 16, 2021

Important lessons on how to live with our Earth

So much wonderfulness packed into one movie. And it is a Documentary with REAL people, their lives and friends.
Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written byMr R. July 25, 2020

Excellent Feel Good movie. Great for the whole family

Adult Written byAllOneAllLove June 21, 2020

Amazing, the dream of a healthy world is possible

I cried through the whole movie, but am so thankful that I watched it! Every heartbreak and every achievement hit straight to my heart. I think everyone should watch this movie and every child is see this too. This movie is magic, and can help instill Love of nature and trust in Mother Nature. Thank you for making this

Adult Written bykdanner03 May 14, 2020

fav family movie for 2020

Our whole family loves The Biggest Little Farm. My 7 and 13 year old both routinely reflect on various scenes. We've watched it numerous times and it always holds everyones interest.

Adult Written byHeidi G. April 2, 2020

Fun, thought provoking, memorable

Grammy insisted that the whole family see this in the theatre and we loved it. The kids ages 10 and 7 learned so much about ecology, problem solving, and hope. We highly recommend this to everyone. (Yes, there is cancer and death of some animals in the movie, so consider what your family can handle).