All parent member reviews for The Birds

Parent Written byPlague June 9, 2010

The Birds

A classic, near perfect horror for teens and parents to enjoy.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written bysarge123 May 28, 2015

Excellent horror film is still frightening and bloodily violent. 15+

The violence is gory. Eyes bloodily pecked out, skin torn and slashed and several graphic and very upsetting deaths. Intense even by today's standards.
Parent of a 8 and 14 year old Written byDenise677 February 6, 2010

Share a classic movie with your teen.

I wanted to share an old classic with my daughter. So I choose "The Birds" . She thought the movie was a bit slow and only picked up when the birds came - haha. Overall, she thought it was good.
Parent of a 9, 13, and 15 year old Written byMimi9496 January 30, 2010

Leave this movie way in the past.. and don't bring it back

Hated this movie!! I saw it when i was quite young, and was terrified of birds.. i could not get the images of the birds pecking at people out of my head.. ugh... never would want my kids to see this!! There are much better films out there!!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 31, 2009

Not So Good for Young Kids...

Don't show this movie to young, sensitive, or particularly impressionable kids. You'll regret it. There's very little over-the-top gruesomeness in this thriller, but one particularly gory scene (a closeup of a bloody corpse with its eyes gouged out) makes this movie unsuitable for anyone under the age of 11 or 12.
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Pretty good, except for some very dated themes

This movie is just scary enough to be entertaining, but it shouldn't cause any nightmares. You might not expect a movie this old to have any language in it, but it does. Nothing stronger then PG language, but you'll hear a few "D" words. There are a few violent scenes. One body is found with bad wounds in each eye-socket, one man is seen with some blood on his face, and an explosion is seen from a distance. But I should also point out that no main characters die in this movie. Most horror movies have main characters dropping like flies, but this is one of the few that keeps the main cast in one piece. One problem I had was the dated social behavior. The male lead is arrogant and smug, and the female lead starts out the movie by stalking him to his vacation house. All of this is portrayed as cute flirtation, but there's nothing funny about a stalker.