Kid reviews for The Blair Witch Project

The Blair Witch Project Poster Image

My teacher gave me a F on this project

My teacher gave me a F on this project. None of the other students helped me so it was me who did all the work, we got a F because of lack of team work.
1 person found this helpful.

JUST WATCH IT

When you’re scrolling through , you probably are looking at all the reviews saying that’s it’s bored and overrated. I completely disagree. The bits in the film where they’re just walking and panicking is a part of the whole experience. I think you just really have to try and put yourself in their shoes- imagine how scary it is just being lost in the woods LET ALONE the scary stuff that happens. Also they’re kids - you’re going to expect a lot of swearing. I think it’s a great film and it truly spooked me out. It’s not over the top gore wise but more thriller type of vibe Psa there is a tiny pit of blood (bloody tooth) but that’s it. The only thing that may make it a bit eh for kids is there’s lots of swearing (but it’s just f*ck , sh*t) . There are a few sex references as well. Please just watch it!!

Awesome movie! B4 watching make sure to tell your kids it's a real documentary!

Awesome movie! B4 watching make sure to tell your kids it's a real documentary! Me and my sister watched this shes 11. It did kinda scare her though you could tell by her face. My parents told me it was real and I got so scared to the point I had to look it up. I realized that it wasn't real the people in the movie actually weren't missing their just actors. My sister still thinks it's real! lol. There is a lot of cursing. A LOT of F Bombs. Honestly tho I don't think it's that bad just tell your kids to let it go into one ear and out the other.

😎

this movie is amazing. If ur going to show it to ur kids or anyone, tell them it’s real. That’s what happened for me and I was seriously thinking it was real for most of it. I would say that this is for mature 11 year olds at the youngest. The only other thing is the amount of swearing— which actually makes it seem more realistic as a student movie.

psychologically scary

The movie was outright terrifying. I'm a big horror movie fan but this movie shook me. It starts off kinda slow and the fear only seeps in little by little. The movie isn't typically scary but more psychological as you see them going insane after not finding a way out, which internally I believe is way more terrifying as we can actually relate to that instead of witches and demons. The witch just adds to the fear factor which I believe truly makes this movie a brilliantly made film... for the right audience.

Not too bad

I think that it's a really good movie, it's not super scary, and its only rated R because of language. Not too scary, but not too childish. Really good.

Terrifying, suspenseful, and vulgar.

This movie is by far the scariest film I have ever seen. Though it is psychological and doesn't show much of anything aside from a pouch of unrecognizable body parts, this film really gets in your head. The sounds and concepts involved in this haunting film make this one of the scariest films ever to exist. There are some suggestive comments scattered throughout and there is a truckload of profanity. Literally constant F-bombs. This movie has just under 160 F-words and the runtime of the film is only 80 minutes so that averages at around 2 f-bombs/min. That being said, I would wait until you are mature enough to watch this movie which would probably be somewhere around 14-15 years old. Keep in mind this movie is not real so don't freak out if it feels real while you're watching it. This film is also pretty dark. It deals with themes of child murder and torture but it doesn't show any of it. This is a great movie but don't watch this alone. There is also some drinking at the beginning and a bunch of cigarette smoking.

Incredible horror movie stands out from the crowd.

The Blair Witch Project is a horror movie presented as a documentary. It follows three student filmmakers as they try to find their way out of the forest after getting lost searching for the Blair Witch. There is blood and gore in one part of the movie, but it's nothing super-serious. Multitudes of swearing, and some talk of cigarettes and alcohol.

How do people think the camera is bad

I have seen multiple people complain about the shaking of the camera who don’t seem to realize this is a found footage movie. Having a camera that shakes is a great aspect of a found footage movie that movies like the visit did not include. This movie is older so I’m not exactly sure if the cameras are normal for back then but if they are that is good. You do not want an amazing camera for a found footage movie because that is unrealistic. One of the most important things in found footage is the camera and realism.