All parent member reviews for The Blues Brothers

Parent of a 12 year old Written byjsl April 3, 2011

A good message beneath the surface

Yes, it's funny, yes, there's strong language, but underlying message is profound - the people we least expect to make a contribution to society often do exactly that. Jake and Elwood had all the cards stacked against them - orphans, wrong side of the tracks, time in prison (on a Robin Hood-type mission, as is revealed later in the film), and the Penguin telling them not to come back until they've "redeemed themselves." Yet Jake and Elwood are determined to help her raise the tax money, regardless of what the consequences are to themselves. It cost them their freedom, but they were willing to do it for her and the orphanage - talk about selfless! Swearing, drinking, bad driving (and not wearing seatbelts) aside, they serve as good role models for my kids. I could take some cues from them myself.
Adult Written byChrisams August 20, 2010

Brilliant, funny musical.

I watched this movie as a kid, and it quickly became a firm favourite, although watching it now, I'm surprised my mum let me watch it, with the language content. The language is crude, but witty. The action sequences are superb and hilarious. The real star of this movie, is the music, however - the movie features many r&b\soul legends (Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles ect) and the tunes are wonderfully worked into the script. All in all, a classic musical.
Adult Written byMarwan_ October 2, 2009

---SPOILER ALERT---

It's funny and has a good message as both brothers at the end save the day by doing a good dead for god.
Adult Written bySpoonfullofpasta April 18, 2009

Funniest Movie Ever!

This a very clever, funny musical/comedy. The only concern would be the language which is very strong but most kids can handle this movie iI think. If they are under 15 id say watch it with them the first time and if it gets too explicit in your opinion you can just shut the DVD player off.