All parent member reviews for The Bucket List

Adult Written bynursey11 April 9, 2008

I loved this movie. It made me laugh, cry and think all in the same theater. Very thought provoking and sad, but very funny at the same time. I think these were the perfect actors to do this film. They played well off of each other. I have always been a fan of both men. My 13 year old loved the movie as well.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Bittersweet

This is a pretty good movie. It is very sad at some points, but opposing some of the other reviewers, I thought it was pretty funny. The F word is used once, so watch out for that. I would say it's ok for 15 and up; 13 and 14 year olds should watch it with parents.
Adult Written byDr3w November 29, 2011

Kick the Bucket

I couldn't help liking this movie. Sure, it had its issues. It wasn't as funny as it could have been (although I laughed very hard at times, especially in the sky-diving scene). It's kind of morbid since it's all about facing the certainty of death and going on laughing, but it's still a wonderfully fresh movie about discovering the joy in life. Freeman plays religious characters so well, I was shocked to discover that he is apathetic towards religion in real life and has been divorced three times. Nicholson is hysterically funny here, but still manages to pull of the dramatic scenes with ease. There are only two problems with this movie from a content perspective. The first is bad language. I guess you can't get two old guys together without a lot foul language being spat out. Expect to hear the f-word once and many other profanities and vulgarities as well. Not constant, but still more than I'm comfortable with. The second issue is not as a big a deal if you talk it through with your kids. At one point, Freeman is approached by a woman (discretely) with an offer of sex. He is married, so he turns her down. Your youngest kids might not notice this scene, so I would go ahead and leave them in the dark, but you might want to use it as a teaching opportunity for your older kids. SUMMARY: A very good movie dealing with death but more importantly with living a good life. Language is not appropriate. Be warned.
Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

The Bucket List

This movie is touching, funny, and sad at the same time. But an all around good movie.
Adult Written byFrikka April 9, 2008

Adult Written bympr18c April 9, 2008

Adult Written bywifeunit April 9, 2008

A story that all should want to hear

It's about life choices, a friendship from a horrific disease. A chance to see what really matters to someone. Speaks of faithfulness and honor and to hold onto your commitments even when it isn't what you wanted to do with your life. Make whatever you may have the best you have. Money doesnt bring love and home!
Adult Written byvabfla April 9, 2008

Not for kids

It was an ok movie, but definately not for kids. Based on the previews you think it's a comedy, but my 12 year old and I left the theatre depressed. It is just not suitable supject matter for a saturday at the movies.
Adult Written bybfranklin April 9, 2008

EXCELLENT

This was by far the best movie I've seen in quite some time. I laughed out loud and I cried real tears. Two wonderful actors working off each others outstanding talents. GREAT movie! A must see in my book.
Adult Written byZeeber April 9, 2008

Great Movie, but not sure it appeals to the younger audience

Wonderful movie - wonderful idea, great actors and something worth thinking about in our own lives. I didn't really see much of anything that would make it not suitable for young teens, but I don't know that teens would choose this movie to attend. My 15-year-old daughter didn't want to go see it w/me. Worth seeing.