All teen and kid member reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 1, 2010

okish PG rated film is vilont

the first one is vilont but this one is even more vilont!!! It has lots of battles throughout the movie instead of one big one at the end like the last one. Wow i think the third one is going to be rated PG-13!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

Second Narnia installment packs a punch!

Though it may be darker than the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe it still packs a punch. I saw it in theaters 4 times, and since it has come out on DVD at least a hundred times more, some with my sister (10) who absolutely loves it... except when I say every single line. (I do tend to do that.) We both have our favorite characters and for different and honorable reasons. My sister likes Prince Caspian because though he was able to escape from his murderous uncle he returned to gain his rightful place on the throne, avenge his father's murder, and free his beloved tutor. My favorites were Prince Peter and Prince Edmund. Peter because though he acted completely self-absorbed for the first half of the movie, forgetting who had really killed the White Witch... he came to his senses and fought Miraz (Caspian's uncle) to restore peace in Narnia. I choose Edmund because not only is he extremely jaw-droppingly gorgeous but he does the best he can to keep his older brother's attitude in check. All the while he manages to turn his brother's words against him, giving the crowd a good laugh: "I know, I know, you had it sorted." With any medieval themed movie there's bound to be battles; battles where people and mythical creatures are brutally killed. Since this is PG and described as a kids movie the deaths aren't detailed, but enough so that older audiences don't fall asleep. I just wish Lucy would act her age, which for the record is the same as mine, and stop acting like a wimp who can't do anything for herself. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byzealouswriter2 October 7, 2010

Great for kids age 7-15

Its pretty good,especially for those kids who are into magical creatures,lands and fantasies.But I would recommend watching the first movie to understand this one better.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Enjoyable

A bit darker than the first, any young fans of the book series will be disappointed. Actually a great Hunger Games type film for tweens and teens wanting a film on the calmer side.
Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2013

A little violent but very good

I'm 8 years old and I saw this movie when I was 7 I liked it a lot but if your really sensitive a specially about thing that involve animals like me you might want to close your eyes for some parts. But over all it was a really good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byVishnu The Great September 4, 2013

adventure beckons

awesome movie..........great adventure.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover June 26, 2013

Amazing

Just as amazing as the first!!! I absolutely love the portrayal of Caspian; Ben Barnes was perfect!! As were the other actors!! These films are the best!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byArpy May 31, 2013

Not as good as first but still fun

I found this one very violent. Although it didn't follow the story of the book, the screenplay was mostly good. I found parts of it very ridiculous; things that were not in the book and were very silly. The characters were better in this than in the first, and I found Peter a real hero. There is a very intense scene when Peter makes a mistake and a lot of his soldiers are trapped and killed, which will probably disturb children. Also, the white witch reappears in a scene that could creep a lot of kids out. There is a lot of death, but not too much gore. Reepicheep is funnier than he was in the book, a little more lovable, I think, and all the Pevensie actors show improvement (I was mostly impressed with Skandar Keynes, whose lines are mostly jokes and who definitely shows talent). Note: my eight-year-old sister watched this and was not bothered: however, you should know your child.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfuturedirector April 7, 2013

Best Narnia Movie!

This is definitely one of my all-time favorite movies. It blends positive role models with tons of action, suspense, and a little humor. My favorite characters are Edmund and Prince Caspian, but all the kid characters are awesome, and the actors do a marvelous job. The special effects of this movie make it amazing, including flying creatures, battling trees, and a spectacular water god. Overall, the action is better than that of the first movie, but the Pevensies are in it slightly less. For kids, the biggest concern would be the violence. There are arrows, swords, axes, and combat machines that are frequently used. There is a very sad scene when many of the Narnians are killed and others have to be abandoned. Prince Capspian's hand is cut with knife (this is only a little bloody, and part of the White Witch segment, which is probably the most frightening), and the fight between Miraz and Peter is intense. Overall, this is an awesome family movie, and to me, the best of the series.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2012

More violent than the previous movie

This movie was much more violent than The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. They changed the story a lot from the book and added a lot of scenes that were not in the book. There are a lot of war scenes that could be disturbing for younger children. When Edmund drops a flashlight, it causes a huge, violent, unnecessary battle.
Kid, 9 years old October 7, 2012

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN

Violent sequel is more intense and as good as the first.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Just as good as the first!

Teen, 16 years old Written bylotrlove March 4, 2012

Family film

This movie is a great family film. There is still quite a bit of violence for a PG film. Overall the story promotes family, courage, and how good triumphs over evil. It is great for tweens and teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

Very Awesome

Great sequel. Some people might not like it though. The hag and the werewolf part is a little scary for little kids. There is a kiss but nothing bad.
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

A really great movie but the violence is really scary

I recommend this movie for and older child or teenager because of its scary violence and lots of people dying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGirl6 April 14, 2011

Great Movie!!

It's such an amazing movie, and it makes kids imagine. I think the only thing that might affect a younger child watching this would be the battles between the two sides, otherwise, a fantastic movie!!
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

BORING!!!

This movie bores me, just like the first one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 7, 2011

Should be at least PG-13. **GRAPHIC VIOLENCE THROUGHOUT**

Holy cow! rated PG??? This movie should DEFINITELY have been AT LEAST PG-13! There is strong graphic violence throughout the whole movie! Graphic violence! Not like just swords clashing back and forth, but they show close up stabbings and shootings and slashings. Verrrrry violent. The strong violence goes on and on. They don't hesitate to show limbs being chopped off and heads being smashed in by axes and stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeen Writer December 12, 2010

As great as the first

NOTE: Parents might want to read my review of the first movie. Great movie, still very close to the books. Once again, I recommend reading the books before watching the movie. If you've seen the first movie, it's much easier to understand and you get that great feeling like you're one of the few privileged with the knowledge and secrets of Narnia. The siblings are played by the same actors as before, which is great. There's still the problem with battles and scary war scenes, but other than that, anyone who has the first movie should add this to their collection.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

The Post-Apocalyptic Narnia!

You know, I thought I would hate this besause of all the changes made to Narnia, but I loved the way the movie still advanced the general plot of Narnia! The Guerilla fighting of the Narnians was a welcome touch. I'll bet Narnia fans everywhere are waiting for Dawn Treader! Wonderful Movie! A little violent and not completly as great as the first, but enjoyable nontheless!