All teen and kid member reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 1, 2010

okish PG rated film is vilont

the first one is vilont but this one is even more vilont!!! It has lots of battles throughout the movie instead of one big one at the end like the last one. Wow i think the third one is going to be rated PG-13!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. January 17, 2011

Second Narnia installment packs a punch!

Though it may be darker than the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe it still packs a punch. I saw it in theaters 4 times, and since it has come out on DVD at least a hundred times more, some with my sister (10) who absolutely loves it... except when I say every single line. (I do tend to do that.) We both have our favorite characters and for different and honorable reasons. My sister likes Prince Caspian because though he was able to escape from his murderous uncle he returned to gain his rightful place on the throne, avenge his father's murder, and free his beloved tutor. My favorites were Prince Peter and Prince Edmund. Peter because though he acted completely self-absorbed for the first half of the movie, forgetting who had really killed the White Witch... he came to his senses and fought Miraz (Caspian's uncle) to restore peace in Narnia. I choose Edmund because not only is he extremely jaw-droppingly gorgeous but he does the best he can to keep his older brother's attitude in check. All the while he manages to turn his brother's words against him, giving the crowd a good laugh: "I know, I know, you had it sorted." With any medieval themed movie there's bound to be battles; battles where people and mythical creatures are brutally killed. Since this is PG and described as a kids movie the deaths aren't detailed, but enough so that older audiences don't fall asleep. I just wish Lucy would act her age, which for the record is the same as mine, and stop acting like a wimp who can't do anything for herself. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byzealouswriter2 October 7, 2010

Great for kids age 7-15

Its pretty good,especially for those kids who are into magical creatures,lands and fantasies.But I would recommend watching the first movie to understand this one better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIce_Princess December 19, 2009

Everyone should see this!!!!!

It doesn't matter which age you are, or if you like thriller more than fantasy you'll like it. There a warmth in the story and a deep meaning of life, friendship, God..... You maybe think:"Oh, a talking lion - how stupid!", but believe me it's much more into it. It's a little darker and more violent than the first one, but not a lot.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2016

More violent than the first

I liked this movie more than the first one but it is A LOT more violent than the first. This movie is probably better for tweens and teens. There is an epic one-on-one battle but it might be intense for younger viewers. People are stabbed, chased, and shot with arrows. This movie is very good and a favorite pick for me.
Teen, 17 years old Written byVishnu The Great September 4, 2013

adventure beckons

awesome movie..........great adventure.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStellarTiger292 June 20, 2016

Boring, overlong, and unfaithful adaptation is even more fight-heavy than predecessor

I am astonished by the awesomeness of the Disney/Walden adaptation of Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis. It was entertaining, just the right length, and faithful to the book. There was only one problem: IT WASN'T!!!! I am incredibly disappointed in this adaptation. Though it was probably my least favorite of The Chronicles of Narnia (my favorite was The Last Battle, which was a straight-up five star book), I still love Prince Caspian and would give it four out of five stars. However, this movie narrowly dodges the one star bullet. I cannot begin to tell you how much this movie mixed up the story of the book. They also stuffed in a completely unnecessary and overlong battle, and overdid the battle that actually was in the book. The battles were boring and generic. Sure, the Old Narnian army was interesting with its bears and gryphons and big cats, but the Telmarine army was just a bunch of generic medieval-looking men in a standard military formation. Aslan's role in the story was also horrific. I'll admit that I do not think that Aslan is a particularly well-done character (the Space Trilogy's Maleldil is a lot better). Aslan is supposed to be perfect and wonderful, but he really is not. Despite the claims that he is loving and compassionate, in the one-on-one scenes with the children, he is horribly cold and petty, and condemns the kids for making mistakes and being curious. The book scenes with him are also very preachy, as he represents Jesus Christ. (He is however, fantastic when he is in battle or is having fun with the kids/Dwarfs.) In the movies, he is not as mean as he is in the books. However, that does not make him better if his role in the story is completely RUINED!!! In the books, Aslan acts as a guide to the children who is always present but not always visible. In the movie, he was shoehorned in. The movie seriously minced the book's plot; one of the "mincings" was the fact that Aslan was completely unnecessary and nearly removed in the movie's plot. Aslan should have had more screen time. The first Narnia movie did not fully capture the spirit of the book, and was overly battle-heavy. However, all of the first move's problems were heavily magnified in this movie. And if you are a Narnia purist, avoid this movie like you would avoid the devil. There are so many inconsistencies with book's plot that I cannot even count them. The most important ones are: Caspian blows the horn when he sees Nikabrik, but he should blow it as an arranged event that is part of a battle strategy. Sopespian kills Miraz, but it should be Glozelle, who in the movie was made a lower ranking general. Peter is made very rash and unable to let go of his time as High King. He is not like that in the book. Also, Caspian and Peter genuinely like each other in the book, but in the movie they do not get along at all. Also, why the mandrake did Susan and Caspian have to fall in love?!? That is not supposed to happen AT ALL. And in the book, there is no assault on Miraz's castle. That is absolutely pointless battle that was added in just for the sake of having more battles. Also, Aslan is not the only character to suffer from a lack of screen time when they should have more. Trufflehunter and Nikabrik have very little screen time. Pattertwig and Doctor Cornelius have even less. Giant Wimbleweather's screen time was reduced to a cameo. The book had great dialogue and interplay between characters. That all went South in the movie. However, the four Pevensie children were still well acted and excellently cast. The Telmarines, however, were not particularly well acted and executed. They were constantly whispering, making them very hard to understand. If they were not whispering, it was still hard to understand them because of their affected accents. One thing was better in the movie than in the book, which was the scene where Nikabrik and his friends were trying to resurrect Jadis. In the book, they were killed before Jadis could be resurrected. However, they did summon a spirit-like Jadis in the movie, and she was stopped by Edmund. This provided better closure from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, as Aslan killing Jadis was pretty unsatisfying. I wanted Edmund to kill Jadis in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, because he was the one that Jadis tortured the most and was not a god like Aslan. The movie was overlong and boring; it was stuffed with boring battles that dragged on forever and ever. If this was a faithful adaptation (the book was actually fun), it would be 90 to 100 minutes long. There is no reason why it should be 147 minutes long. And Caspian was way too old. I hate it when book-based movies age characters up. Also, the movie was a pretty violent movie. There were lots of battles between an army of Centaurs, gryphons, and talking beasts against an army of generic medieval warriors. There were also a lot of one-on-one duels, which dragged out and were pretty intense. Giant catapults were used in battle. Characters are threatened by a ghostly version of Jadis, who is stopped by Edmund. There is some tooth and nail fighting between Edmund, Peter, Caspian, and Trufflehunter against Nikabrik, a hag, and a werewolf. A Telmarine is devoured by a giant man made of water. Sopespian stabs Miraz while they embrace. There is also a pointless romance between Susan and Caspian. There is some mild tension between them and a kiss at the end. Purists, stay away from this boring adaptation. I do not have high hopes for the Dawn Treader movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Enjoyable

A bit darker than the first, any young fans of the book series will be disappointed. Actually a great Hunger Games type film for tweens and teens wanting a film on the calmer side.
Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2013

A little violent but very good

I'm 8 years old and I saw this movie when I was 7 I liked it a lot but if your really sensitive a specially about thing that involve animals like me you might want to close your eyes for some parts. But over all it was a really good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover June 26, 2013

Amazing

Just as amazing as the first!!! I absolutely love the portrayal of Caspian; Ben Barnes was perfect!! As were the other actors!! These films are the best!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byArpy May 31, 2013

Not as good as first but still fun

I found this one very violent. Although it didn't follow the story of the book, the screenplay was mostly good. I found parts of it very ridiculous; things that were not in the book and were very silly. The characters were better in this than in the first, and I found Peter a real hero. There is a very intense scene when Peter makes a mistake and a lot of his soldiers are trapped and killed, which will probably disturb children. Also, the white witch reappears in a scene that could creep a lot of kids out. There is a lot of death, but not too much gore. Reepicheep is funnier than he was in the book, a little more lovable, I think, and all the Pevensie actors show improvement (I was mostly impressed with Skandar Keynes, whose lines are mostly jokes and who definitely shows talent). Note: my eight-year-old sister watched this and was not bothered: however, you should know your child.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfuturedirector April 7, 2013

Best Narnia Movie!

This is definitely one of my all-time favorite movies. It blends positive role models with tons of action, suspense, and a little humor. My favorite characters are Edmund and Prince Caspian, but all the kid characters are awesome, and the actors do a marvelous job. The special effects of this movie make it amazing, including flying creatures, battling trees, and a spectacular water god. Overall, the action is better than that of the first movie, but the Pevensies are in it slightly less. For kids, the biggest concern would be the violence. There are arrows, swords, axes, and combat machines that are frequently used. There is a very sad scene when many of the Narnians are killed and others have to be abandoned. Prince Capspian's hand is cut with knife (this is only a little bloody, and part of the White Witch segment, which is probably the most frightening), and the fight between Miraz and Peter is intense. Overall, this is an awesome family movie, and to me, the best of the series.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2012

More violent than the previous movie

This movie was much more violent than The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. They changed the story a lot from the book and added a lot of scenes that were not in the book. There are a lot of war scenes that could be disturbing for younger children. When Edmund drops a flashlight, it causes a huge, violent, unnecessary battle.
Kid, 9 years old October 7, 2012

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN

Violent sequel is more intense and as good as the first.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Just as good as the first!

Teen, 16 years old Written bylotrlove March 4, 2012

Family film

This movie is a great family film. There is still quite a bit of violence for a PG film. Overall the story promotes family, courage, and how good triumphs over evil. It is great for tweens and teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

Very Awesome

Great sequel. Some people might not like it though. The hag and the werewolf part is a little scary for little kids. There is a kiss but nothing bad.
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

A really great movie but the violence is really scary

I recommend this movie for and older child or teenager because of its scary violence and lots of people dying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGirl6 April 14, 2011

Great Movie!!

It's such an amazing movie, and it makes kids imagine. I think the only thing that might affect a younger child watching this would be the battles between the two sides, otherwise, a fantastic movie!!
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

BORING!!!

This movie bores me, just like the first one.