Kid reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Poster Image

Really adventurous threequel with stunning acting and visuals.
i loved the movie im really into fairy tales and these movie series are the best ive seen

For Narnia! For Aslan! For Frodo!

This is a decently good movie. (The book is much better though, and you should read it before you watch the movie. Do that with all the Narnia stories.) This movie's slightly slower then the previous two, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," and "Prince Caspian". Since the book was more of a journey rather than just a mission, it has more fantastical scenes, but less action. The movie is similar, but with a villain added. We watched this movie with a five year-old, and she was fine with it, though she occasionally asked questions about whether the good guys were going to be okay. I don't think she was scared at all. The only parts that seemed to bother her a little bit was when the main characters were in that building and ambushed, when they were going to be sold as slaves, when the green mist came and when Eustace was transformed. She left before the sea-serpent opened it's sides so she didn't see it. I think that part would have scared her, so I'd say seven and up is good for watching the whole movie. Even though the Percy Jackson movie was AWFUL, I did get one good thing out of it. It gave me a new respect for other book-to-screen movies such as this and "Prince Caspian" that are actually watchable. After reading the book and then watching this, the first time I saw it, I thought it was horrific. The kids weren't that old! The swords aren't magic! Deathwater Island and Dragon Island aren't the same place! Where the heck did the green mist come from?! But after watching Percy Jackson's movie, I saw that you have to take what you can get, and give credit where credit is due. While this movie is not super faithful to the book, it's actually a good movie. While it made no sense to add in the green mist or the other changes they made, this is still a good movie. It's watchable. It's family friendly. It doesn't have trash or bad language. It I hadn't watched Percy Jackson, I would have given this two stars. But since I did, I was able to sit back and enjoy this movie, since it was actually good despite the changes. Percy Jackson has enabled me to enjoy the Narnia movies. Thanks Percy, for being so darn terrible. The kid they chose to play Eustace was cast PERFECTLY. All the actors were good, but he had "annoying cousin called Eustace" written all over him. He played his part well, though his personality was toned down a bit from the book. The green mist was not in the book, and they managed to tie it into everything. But I liked the idea of the characters overcoming their temptation, and maturing throughout the story. In one scene the movie company added, Susan and Peter appear for a short time, though in Lucy's dream. I can kind of see why the company added them in, even though they weren't in the book. I miss them, and don't think C.S. Lewis should have kicked them out so quickly. I thought it was kind of funny how throughout the movie, Edmund was skeptical of the existence of sea-serpents and laughed if anyone said they might be a threat, but then in Dark Island where your worst fears come true, it turns out Edmund's worst fear was a sea-serpent. In the "Prince Caspian" movie, they made Caspian Spanish for whatever reason. They even darkened his skin and made him learn a Spanish accent to make that clear. Okay. He's Spanish. It's established. But now in this movie, he suddenly with no explanation, looks and sounds English. Why? You can't just establish something about a character, play it through the whole movie, and then in the next movie pretend that it never happened. Well, you can, but it doesn't make sense. The company should have either kept Caspian Spanish throughout this movie as well, or never made him Spanish in the first place. Reepicheep was great, as usual. What's not to love about that noble, swashbuckling mouse? All in all, this is a good movie. It's not the same as the book, or as exiting as it's predecessors, but it's still a enjoyable watch.

loved it

this is a graet movie for teens like me. i was so happy when this came out it made my world. i love this and all the other narnia movies before it. it makes me so happy.

Adventurous, Beautifully Intricate Movie with Christian Themes!

If you are a diehard, tryhard fan of the Narnia book series, you probably won't enjoy this movie as much as anyone else would. However, if you're like me and you don't care for the books, I'd like to introduce you to one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. From the character arcs and development to the perfectly paced adventure, this movie will not disappoint the fairest of travelers. Characters are incredibly well-mannered and responsible (excluding one character, but his character develops immensely throughout the film). Violence is limited and centers around swordplay and sword fighting. One sea monster is fought at the end, which may scare younger viewers, but there is quite literally no blood throughout the entire movie. No sex or sexual themes either (except for Lucy, who wishes she could be as attractive as her older sister). What are you waiting for? Watch this movie today!

omg so good

This was a great movie me and my family loved it! Theres nothing really inappropriate about this movie! I totally recommend!

Magical, Simply Magical!

This was one of my favourite films and books when I was younger, so I was excited to revisit this and it did not disappoint. All of the characters are really strong role models, with good morals of doing what is right. I always looked up to Lucy and in this film issues of self-confidence and being yourself are looked at, so it’s nice to get some coverage of this in the movie. I don’t think there is anything scary that would upset younger kids and there are quite a few sword fights, but no blood is seen meaning that is appropriate for everyone to watch. The story and the magical elements of this movie make it enchanting and something that you will enjoy watching, there is also a bit of humour in it. A definite watch for any family!

Great movie!

This was a pretty good movie. I like all the narnia movies, and this one wasn’t my favorite because Susan wasn’t in it, but great fantasy and characters. There is some stabbing though, so don’t let young kids see this

One of my favorites

I really loved this movie! It doesn't strictly follow the book but oh well. All the characters were amazing and were really great role models. If I were to be REALLY nitpicky, I would say that Caspian should have had the same accent as in the movie Prince Caspian. Overall, I thought the movie was good. The violence wasn't too bad, barely anything. Definitely recommend!