Kid reviews for The Chronicles of Riddick

Very violent, brainless explosion movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byninjaman15 March 26, 2010
What was different in the Unrated version?
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 December 5, 2010

don't listen to me...I'm only watching parts of it

My dad is watching it right now....I'm watching parts of it and I'm laughing because it's so cheeeesy

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2010

cool movie

a cool sci-fi movie. the language is not as strong as pitch black 1 f-word and a few s-words. the violence is rather strong like a man his killed by a tea-cup. a man is stabbed in the head some blood is seen. a women is stabbed in the stomach. a man is shot by a laser whole chunck of his flesh come off(very hard to see and brief) a good sci-fi movie 12+

Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster March 13, 2013

just fine for tv

This movie issn't gory at all this movie is just sometimes brutale that's all in my opion if you're 10 years old you can watch this movie already the movie is not this great just fine to watch on tv or if you're bored on a evening and you didn't see this movie jet you can watch this

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 6, 2012

Good Movie!

If I could rate this movie it would be: PG-13 Intense violence throughout and some strong language

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn May 18, 2012

David Twohy's Pitch black sequel is not even close to as good

David Twohy's big budget 2004 sequel to his own low-budget sci-fi cult film, Pitch Black, isn't nearly as good as that film was on several levels. Starting with the fact that what made Pitch Black so effective and entertaining, unique and original as a movie overall, was the fact that it wasn't an overly big budget. Sure, it may have cost about 25 million dollars, but as far as science=fictions films go, and in fact, how much Twohy was able to actually pull off with such a tight budget on a film of that scale was quiet impressive, but Chronicles or Riddick, is a complete mess of a movie. The special effects, performances, action sequences, and, most of all, the plot, fall completely flat on there face at the expense of a ridiculously bloated 105 million dollar budget. Sure, the action and special effects are on a much bigger scale here, for sure, but they really aren't much better. half the time the action sequences are so messily edited and directed, that all you can really make out during those scenes are a bunch of swirling colors and green screen overload. Also, acting may have not been Pitch Blacks strong suit, but at least they were trying in that film, because in the Chronicles of Riddick, not even Vin Diesel himself can save the film, and what is even more depressing, is that the film actually has a fairly decent cast, with actors such as Judy Dench (of all people!), Thandie Newton, Karl Urban and Alexa Devalos, but all of them seem so utterly bored here, just as much so as we are when we are watching it, so the enthusiasm while viewing it is rather uninspiring, to say the absolute least. And, finally, the story is practically and virtually non-existent here, with mainly just one long string of events taking place on multiple planets barely even managing to keep the film afloat. So, while Pitch Black was definitely a R Rated movie, The Chronicles of Riddick received a PG-13 Rating from the MPAA, but even this time around, it is still a moderately strong PG-13 rating: there is virtually non-stop action violence throughout the film, starting off with a intense chase sequence, and ending off with a bloody dual between the films main hero and villain, but in between that, is a long series of battle sequences and destruction, multiple hand-to-hand fights, killing spree's and even some implied torture. Also, there is occasional sensuality, with some bodily groping and passionate kissing between couples. And, finally, there is infrequent but very strong profanity, including 2 uses of F--k, and slightly more uses of sh-t, g-dd-mn, a--h-le, h-ll and more. So, even though David Twohy's intentions in creating a sequel to his cult favorite where relatively admirable enough, he just couldn't handle the massive budget and scope that he was given, and for that, his art paid the price. Oh well.

Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011
This movie contains a couple of cuss words like p---y,a-s,f--k,and d---n.

Not as good as pitch black

This movie is worse than pitch black. I probably shouldn't have been allowed to see that, but I got the unrated directors cut version and it is better than this. This movie is cheesy, and it has less violence than pitch black, but it came pretty close to getting rated r.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymark c April 9, 2008

awsome

i dont know what kinda things u people think about this movie but its a great movie and theres not alot of blood wow he shoves a cup into a dude and couple of curse words its not a bad movie i recamend it to anyone and i am 16 years old

great

this movie was great. i just can not stop wanting to watch it
Teen, 16 years old Written byXexyzl April 9, 2008

A...different sequel

This is not Pitch Black 2 people, David Twohy himself said that he wasn't making a same-old sequel. This is a different direction for the universe created, not necessarily stellar but certainly not bad. The acting is so-so for a lot of characters, but the effects and action are extremely well done. The game is fantastic, possibly the best movie-to-game adaptations ever created. I highly recommend it if you have any interest in FPS games.