Kid reviews for The Crazies

Gory, scary horror remake with anti-military message.

Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2010

Great movie very scary but in a good way

Luved the movie so suspense full kept you on the edge of your seat and was very scary but in a good way!!! A little scary for younger veiwers but overall great horror thriller movie about survival. I hated the ending though once you see it you will know why

Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2010

Gruesome and Creepy

This was an okay movie. It got boring at times, but was suspenseful enough to keep me interested. The acting was good, too. Expect gory, gruesome and sometimes disturbing violence that includes impalations on a pitch fork, many, many people being shot, a man stabbed in the hand, an infected woman stabbed in the neck (lots of blood in that scene) and even an attack with a bonesaw. There are lots of grisly images of mutilated corpses. If you are at all squeamish, skip this. Also expect some pretty strong language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXstry March 10, 2012

The crazies

This movie was really great. It wasn´t extremely gory but it did have disturbing and graphic violence. It is definitely not for anyone under 13.

Teen, 15 years old Written byharvj99 February 16, 2015

Effective Horror Remake

While light on jump scares (only two or three scenes were genuinely frightening) The Crazies packs in lots of gore, primarily in one memorable scene involving a bone saw, and another with a pitchfork, as well as lots of shots of rotting corpses. I definitely would not recommend this movie for those who are squeamish. There is heavy swearing throughout the film. In terms of actual quality, The Crazies has a very solid first hour or so, effectively setting up the climax and then begins to lose steam with about 30 mins left. The ending leaves a lot to be desired, although it does leave the viewer to grapple with the question of military involvement.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 17, 2013

Bloody. Doesnt have much of a plot.

This movie doesn't really have much of a plot. For me, this movie was just OK because I kind of like gory/scary movies. This movie is intense and emotional with brutal violence and deaths.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhansolo95 October 13, 2011

Good horror movie remake, but not spectacular.

The Crazies is what you would expect of a horror remake, when it is done well, that is. It is where my star rating claims it to be: just fine. Despite a large amount of violence (there's some pretty gut-wrenching stuff here), and more "F" words than your usual movie (though not as much as some movies like Pelham 123 or Blair Witch Project), which make it highly un-appropriate for pre-teen audiences, this is not a bad horror movie. A pretty darn good popcorn flick. I guess I should be a little more specific, so... VIOLENCE: One of the main reasons this movie is rated R. Multiple shootings, of Crazies, soldiers and innocents alike. The shootings, while more plentiful than the rest of the violent attacks, are the least gory part of the movie. There is a gruesome attack with a bone saw, an incapacitated man is seen with his eyes and mouth sewn shut (yes, still conscious), and people tied town to gurneys are stabbed with a pitchfork, quite explicitly. A few bodys are set on fire, both alive and dead. Some pretty dark stuff. SEXUAL CONTENT: In a pleasently surprising twist, this category is almost non-existent in the movie. One girl (who is described as being "not even 18") has a secret boy friend, but the closest they get is a hug. There is a kiss between a married couple. Nothing else really. LANGUAGE: The other reason this movie was rated R. Many uses of the "F" and "S" words. Not as bad as Blair Witch or Tarantino, but still pretty bad. God's name in vain, and quite a few other lesser words, spoken frequently. In summary, a good horror flick, but not one I'd recommend to kids under the age of 15. Give it a shot if you want a good horror/popcorn night on Halloween. Thanks for reading

Teen, 13 years old Written byheavymetalfanatic July 11, 2011

awesome

It isnt that violent. Ive seen it and at this one part with an old lady, my cousin and i couldnt stop laughing. Great movie a little hard to understand for younger viewers

Teen, 13 years old Written byMissKarissimo June 25, 2012

NO.NO.NO.NO!

I think it is just horrible! Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing film and it has very good acting in it and the graphics and make-up is just amazing, but it is soo scary. I would say that you should not watch it at all, unless you have a thrill for horror movies. It's just horrible. Wait til you are a bit older.. maybe 17/18.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 16, 2010

Good movie.

The star rating system is really not my favorite. I would rate it about a C+. The movie is pretty good. The acting is very bad in the beginning but it gets a lot better later. I thought this movie was just gonna be another predictable, stupid zombie movie with a pg 13-friendly amount of gore for shock effect but it wasn't the case at all. The story evolves into something much different and bigger and it was very entertaining. It's kind of scary, sad, interesting, and a great movie all together. The content however is a different story. It didn't bother me and I'm 15 yrs. old. I don't think it would've bothered me when I was 13 though either that's why I rated it iffy for 13+. If you don't like gore and can't sit through it then I suggest not seeing it because there's a substantial amount of it throughout. If you like gore and guts however, this movie will be great for you.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydrummerchick21 March 8, 2010

On the fence

This is an excellent horror film. It is incredibly suspenseful, and gory. It will make you jump out of your seat. I rated it "iffy" for a few reasons. You see piles of bloody, dead bodies everywhere, violence, and the fact that it is really very scary. It's not your run of the mill zombie movie and parents should really evaluate if their kid is ready to handle the stuff I mentioned before letting them see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 5, 2010

Iffy for 17-18, very scary.

I haven't seen this movie, nor do I want to, but I was watching the trailer for it and it was so scary that I didn't finish watching it. This movie has a lot of psychological terror and horror, along with the usual gore and filthy language. It is frightening because the theme is your neighbors, your friends, and even people in your family turning into mindless, homicidal maniacs - and that in itself, in my opinion, is more frightening than the gore. Your child may be able to handle the gore if he/she is towards the end of their 15th year or 16 years old, but the theme in itself may just be too frightening, so just for that, I would use extreme discretion in letting your children under 17 watch this movie. In terms of the gore, I strongly advise against letting your children under 16 watch it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNaya B. June 26, 2011

Funny, amusing, predictable......and gory

The acting was iffy, the affects weren't too laughable though, the storyline was overused and cliche, and how predictable it was made me smile through much of it. Of course if you don't like gore or some of the bad language dropped in by crazy people running away from physco murderers, then "Crazies" isn't the movie for you. If it doesn't affect you too much, watch it. Though every time some scary killer popped up in the background of the screen, threatening to kill the main character who never seems to die, you get ready to scream, it isn't too bad. Blood, dead bodies, were everywhere of course, but by the halftime of the film your used to seeing it spattered in every direction. It was okay, fun, and over all exciting even though you could tell what was going to happen next. Don't watch it if blood makes you barf, if the F word makes you cringe, or you can't take action and things popping out at you. Other than those "small" details, see the movie because its always good to get your heart racing, even when you can hardly take the actors seriously.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieveiwer101 May 16, 2011

Best horror movie ever.

I did love it. One of my favorite movies. I fell in love!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycandyx. May 1, 2011
it could be better i have always loved this film ever since it came out. i dont think it should be age 16+ more like 15 +
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 April 28, 2011

Perfect for Tweens

Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 March 4, 2011

Amazin'!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. Good acting, fast plot, and finally, a horror movie without sex! This is a movie that anyone can watch, as long as they're up to seeing mutants. The mutants aren't scary in my opinion, though the gore was done SO much better than in some movies. Not over done, not under done. Overall, a terrific movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe green guy December 23, 2010

good movie only one really scary part

i watched it at 11:00pm and the only part that scared me was towards the end where theyre at the truck stop and thosethings come outta nowhere

Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
very violent.very strong language

Teen, 17 years old Written bygabclima August 4, 2010

Zombies...

Good Zombie movie!If you like zombie movie's you will love it

Teen, 13 years old Written bycristianorenald... July 11, 2010
GOOD SCARY MOVIE IF YOU CAN WATCH SCARY MOVIES.IF YOU CAN HANDLE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY.