Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 22 kid reviews

Sort by:

Great Movie

This movie is great, and kids who have watched interstellar and E.T and the martian will probably be able to watch this

Disappointing

Honestly when I watched this movie I thought it would be a good movie for a remake, but I was wrong. it was a lot like the 1951 release yet a lot different. It's ok for kids but I wouldn't recommend it.

Too quick, pretty violent and disappointing

The story is pretty much a remake of the 1956 film (which I haven't seen.) But the SFX are worth watching alone, not for the story - that type movie. While the action sequences are pretty good and the bloody visuals will satisfy gore-hounds (picking skin off of an alien, blood splattering from gunshots), I couldn't imagine this would deserve watching. The first 50 minutes feel like 5 minutes pretty much, and the finale is especially heavy on redeeming special effects. The characters aren't too developed that well, the violence includes high-pitched electrocution, bloody shooting, but they make good use of surround sound. Other than that, meh. Sex includes a naked Keanu Reeves where he bares his butt (ladies take note, he also did it in the Matrix.) Language is barely anything, and this movie is less-than-memorable. Connelly is good, but her character isn't. Bug-like creatures devour things, possibly including humans (I can't remember too much, but it's just black dust and ash.) It felt like disappointing, so-called "science-fiction", and that 20th Century Fox could certainly do better. You know what, if you watch Avatar, (with the blue people), you'll totally think this movie is bad. Thankyou for reading.

A wonderfully made remake

This movie is a solid remake of the 1950's classic, with a great plot, some awesome special effects, and a message that rings true to the original film. The story goes into greater depth than the original film, all of which is wonderfully paced and fairly easy to follow. Keanu Reeves gives an excellent performance as the monotonous alien-man, who chilled my spine every time he spoke in that flat, deep voice. Jennifer Connelly is magnetic in her role as the soft-spoken mother figure, and she has some good chemistry with Jaden Smith, portraying her son. The huge "GORT" robot looks awesome, and the little insects inside him are awesome. The big flaw of this film however, is the ending; while the ending of the original was not very satisfying either, I expected a little more from this. Oh, and (SPOILER ALERT) the part where "the earth stands still" doesn't come until the very end, for like half a second, so that was a bit strange. But aside from that, this film is very good, with some great visuals, great acting, and a solid story.

sometimes boring sci-fi thriller has loads of blood

this film is low on action, often slow moving, and sometimes dissapointing. when there is action, it is graphic and intense. there is a plentiful amount of blood, splattering, spurting, and gushing from wounds. there are explosions and military action. a cloud and nanobots eat through and destroy buildings and cities.

the day the movie sucked

Whres the action.Big budget films should have explosions and action but it's just boring talking

Not Worth Seeing

What a horrible movie. That's all there is too it- Just horrible. Directors and writers upset me every day. What's next?

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens.