All parent member reviews for The Devil Wears Prada

Adult Written bylwest April 9, 2008

I loved the movie but....

....I feel the Anne Hathoway character was a confusing role model for young girls. Here's this nice, intelligent girl-next-door character who's living with her boyfriend and who then sleeps with some writer guy on their first date. As an adult, it didn't phase me but I could see a young girl becoming desensitized toward immoral behavior and I don't think that's healthy. I think young girls need to see moral behavior portrayed in movies because they're forming their sense of 'normal' and I personally don't want that 'normal' to be living with boyfriends or sleeping around.
Adult Written bybigcupcake11 April 9, 2008

A heartwarming story with lots of comedy and modern-day references.

This was a great movie. It was very entertaining and gave me a great message, to always stick to being "you" and not to get caught up in "the other half." It deliberatly builds up to this message, starting with a caring boyfriend and a not-so-up-to-fashion girl. When she gets this job, she doesn't know what she's getting into, but immediatly feels the pressure to become one of the skinny, uptight beautiful women. But by the end, after relizing her mistake by a certain main character, walks away and agrees to spend her life happy, rather than a "fashionista." This movie has a great message, and I think it's the perrrrfect summer comedy for teens (not young kids) because it has a hidden message in it.
Adult Written byCORY October 14, 2014

That movie was not very good !

That movie was not very good about the manger being mean to the lady & end of that movie the lady did the right thing by leaving that job & found some thing else !
Adult Written bychristian2011 March 10, 2013

Really good movie. Very witty, fashion inspired romantic comedy.

The Devil Wears Prada was a very refreshing, clever, fashionista-type romance comedy that discusses about people being prejudice and judgemental on others that don't share higher ends of fashion than they do - since they judge based on appearence and fame, not the person inside. Meryl Streep brings a flawless performance as Miranda Priestly, the head magazine editor and fashion director, who highly intimidates every one due to her high-end fashion, diva attitude and appearence. There's no actual sex scenes or nudity, but there's some passionate kissing and hugging (nothing excessive or graphic), some language but very infrequent (uses of d**n, h*ll, sh*t), and uses of alcohol - mostly at fashion events and when the main character meets her friends at the bar.
Adult Written bywonder dove December 29, 2012

Cute chick flick with morals!

This film is quite cute! It's pretty fast paced for a teen comedy. The main character, Andy (Anne Hathaway) is always on the go at her new job for a high-end fashion magazine. Always running and trying to please her snippy editor boss Miranda (Meryl Streep), she must complete her tasks on time if she wants to keep her job. This limits her time spent with her boyfriend (Adrian Grenier) and best friend (Tracie Thoms) who try to save Andy from losing herself just to please someone else. She's also stuck working alongside Miranda's other assistant Emily (Emily Blunt) whom she doesn't get along too well with. With her choice of amazing opportunities that any girl could want, she must decide whether it is worth losing everyone in her past or losing a job of every girls dreams. I like the positive messages throughout. Andy makes smart choices, she is also a good role model. Sexual content includes kissing, a couple shown in bed together, an off-screen sex scene where the girl later regrets it, some brief talk of going to bed together. One scene of violence - a woman gets hit by a taxi and ends up in a hospital. Language is minimal but usually done during an argument - some sh*ts, an @sshole, hell. Some social drinking. Good messages - there is more to life than "material stuff" and keeping up with brand name items. Great watch for 12++.
Parent of an infant year old Written bydocholliday August 13, 2012

Prude

Teaches kids the worst effects of fashion
Parent of a 13 year old Written byzinger55 January 4, 2011

Wonderful fashion movie!

Best fashion movie i've seen in a long time. Aimed for girls but boys (like myself) might like it.
Educator and Parent of a 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byTeresa37h December 21, 2009

Great for Tweens, not for younger

The use of alcohol is at a minimum and is less than most movies than seen in today's movies, however this is not a PG movie either. This definately need to be a PG-13 movie due to the body image issues and stong language. It is great for tweens and givens them something to really to recognize with. Every tween can identify with one of the characters in the movie.
Parent of a 13 and 13 year old Written byGlamnGlitterGrl May 16, 2009

Funny and fresh!

Both of my kids, Braden and Sophi have seen it and LOVED it! I wondered what they could be boasting about, so decided to order it from Netflix. After watching it, I realized why they liked it so much. It was funny, realistic and great! A definite must for your Netflix queue, or on your Blockbuster list.
Adult Written bythewittyman27 April 9, 2008

u have 2 c this movie!

this is a relly good comedy that i think everyone over 11 should see. there are a bit of sexual scenes, but i really enjoyed this movie
Adult Written byjsmercoleza April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysurfergirl2314 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFLUFFLYGOOBERBO... April 9, 2008

I LUVED IT!!!!

I think it was a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byZoe_Washburn April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLadyMira April 9, 2008

Pleasantly surprised, but also predictable

Adult Written bymisslizzie April 9, 2008

Better Than Most. . .

Overall, I can't complain too much. The language wasn't that bad, and aside from that one scence with the writer, there wasn't a lot of sex mentioned, like in most movies. You do lose some respect for Andy when she "cheats" on her boyfriend. It was pretty good. I wouldn't take kids under thirteen to see it, but only because they probably wouldn't get the storyline.
Adult Written byMovieBuff2007 April 9, 2008

A Funny Movie That You Should See

Thus was actually pretty good movie for older teens and adults. I didn't see a lot of things that could offend parents of Senior High kids. Overall it was superb for what I thought would be a chick flick.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Extremely interesting tale of the fashion world

Sexual Content (Pause): Some sexual allusions, Andy has sex with a guy. Violence (Not an Issue): Emily is hit by a cab (at first played for comedy, but we later see her in the hospital). Language (Pause): Many uses of "s*it", a few uses of "hell" and "ass" (1 used with "-hole"), and 1 use each of "crap" and "bullocks" (a British swear). Social Behavior (Not an Issue): Lots of lying and decieving, but Andy is able to maintain her morality (for the most part, anyway). Commercialism (Pause): Seeing as this movie is all about fashion, there are lots of brand names dropped (such as Prada), Starbucks is mentioned a few times, as is Harry Potter. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Social drinking, except for one instance where Andy gets drunk.