Kid reviews for The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Mediocre third installment still violent; strays from book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byI'm a teen. March 16, 2016

I've seen this before?

This reminds me of the Maze Runner somehow?

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv March 23, 2016

Two of the most boring hours of my life!!

"Allegiant" was very disappointing. It felt very rushed, like they didn't have time to write the script and plot properly. The whole movie was extremely boring overall. I kept checking the time every five minutes and almost left the theatre. I wasn't invested in the main characters and could care less if one of them died. There was a lot of annoying heavy breathing, awkward and unnecessary kisses, and tiresome conversation. There was a few jokes but it only hit lightly. Not worth the money or time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byblah1234567890- March 30, 2016

Allegiant Movie

I liked the movie just fine (hence the 3 star rating). I did not enjoy the last allegiant book, and actually enjoyed the movie more than I enjoyed the book. It does stray very far from the book, which I know can be annoying, so that is just a warning. The nudity is either just people's backs (and you don't see anything) or it is in sillhouet (I don't know how to spell it, I'm bad at spelling, but it's when the background is lighter and so it's all black) so you couldn't see any stuff in detail, but it was still a bit awkward for me.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhaidicolon March 30, 2016

Where are the key points

Allegiant is a book that was turned into a movie. It is about these factions people are put into at a young age that “helps” the society stay at peace. There are some people though that do not belong to any faction, for example Tris A.K.A Beatrice. These people are called divergent, they have more than one quality of the one of the possible five factions. It is to believe that divergents are the problem in their world, but throughout these two movies, Tris comes to uncover the secrets behind all the factions. She discovers that divergent are an important part in an experiment that was put together by people beyond the gate. She also realizes that this information got to people’s head and lead them to believe that they are the new ruler. To keep the peace Tris tries to figure out what to do by going to the people beyond the gate. This movie was very vague and did not hit key points that were needed to understand the whole idea of the movie. Anyone who had read the book before watching the movie would be just as severely disappointed as i was. I very deeply understand that the key points i am talking about may not affect a person who hasn’t read the book. But for someone who knows what should and shouldn’t happen, i felt very desolate after watching. For example, in the book Tris experiences most of her mother’s life and that is how she comes to realize things for what they truly are outside the gates. But in the movie she only sees a tiny snippet of her childhood, which doesn’t lead Tris to asking david any questions about why he didn’t act on certain things in Chicago. Yes, i know that someone who just watched the movie wouldn’t be able to tell, but i could and it bothers me. This information that Tris receives from reliving her mother’s life is extremely vital for the whole movie. I am just very upset that they did not include all of the parts of Tris seeing things about her mother that was once unknown. Another time where something happened that shouldn’t was toward the end, when just Tobias was supposed to go back to Chicago on his own and stop a stimulant that was going to wipe everyone’s memories away. Tris and her brother Caleb were supposed to stay back and release the same stimulant on david and his people. But nothing like this occurred in the movie. They all go back to Chicago and stop it together, and do nothing to david and his ‘pure’ workers. I was very upset not seeing justice being served to david at the end of this movie. There was some parts that weren’t very important, but should’ve been added to the movie anyway. A crazy love circle including Tris, Tobias, Nita and Matthew was somewhat in the book, which would’ve been juicy drama in the movie and would have definitely kept me on my toes. Tris and Tobias love each other, but Matt loves her too and Nita loves Tobias, which sparked up some controversy in the book. When Tris and Tobias both go to take a test that will determine if they are pure or damaged should have also been in the movie, because it shows how broken Tobias is, and how much Tobias and Tris need each other. Without one another there would have not been anything for them to live for. The book is always better than the movie, but in this case, it hit the nail right on the head. It missed so much information that i felt like i wasn’t even watching a movie. My rating would be 2 out of 5 stars, because i did not really enjoy watching this movie. But it wasn’t completely unwatchable. I understand that other people’s review will be different than mine depending on whether or not the book was read.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBooklover764 March 18, 2016

REALLY GOOD

If you are thinking about seeing the film, JUST GO SEE IT! It's really good! A definite recommend!

Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2016

Major plot holes...

Something's gone wrong with "Allegiant"! There are lots of major plot holes in the movie, with some characters' true personalities gone wrong - they haven't even captured the right ending. There's a lot of swearing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJSaintC March 18, 2016

The best so far!!!

If you are a fan of the Divergent Series, YA or if the film looks interesting to you, just GO see this movie! It's has its flaws as every movie does, but it's an awesome story and movie experience!

Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2016

What happened? Where is all the book material?

I think I can speak for everyone when I say I was awfully confused after walking out of the theatre. The characters sometimes seem like cardboard, and although there is an okay storyline, it is only holding on by one thread towards the book. Plus, Four and Tris seem to kiss every time they see each other. Tris and Four's bare back are shown. Some swearing, as in s--t and assh--e. A meant to be disturbing part at the start, but the extras in the crowd are so bad actors it is not realistic. Some characters die, including some scary ones. Lots of shooting and hand-to-hand combat. Soldiers try to kill both Four and Tris, in many unexpected ways. A father attempting to protect his child is murdered, when Four believes they were rescuing him. People are brainwashed. Four is drastically beat up and held captive. I was really disappointed with this adaption.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMwasne12 April 2, 2016

Allegiant Movie Disaster

Veronica Roth's book Allegiant was better constructed than the movie, which missed key points and insurmountabley changed the ending. So make sure to read the books before you watch the movie !!
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2016

Its okay

I am 11, and I personally believe, that this movie is just fine for ages 10+ Although there are a few passionate kisses, it is not that terrible. Tris is a great role model, and she preservers through all the war. I certainly had no problem with it. Though insurgent and divergent were a little more intense, the previous two i would say 13+ but that is just me. I say, if you think your child is mature enough to watch violence, The movie is a really good, although, it is nothing like the book. I really loved the movie, and it is very good. The violence was not that bad, but it is a little intense. Not as bad as the hunger games. Personally i think it has good messages. Especially in the next movie. I just know what happens, i won't spoil, but it is touching and it is an AMAZING Message. Enjoy the movie if your going to see it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byYanderekittehx March 20, 2016

It's Okay for tweens and up

I just saw this movie it's fine for 10 and up i first read the books at 10 :D
Teen, 15 years old Written byMemichelle March 18, 2016

Allegiant p1

A pretty good movie, although it is quitr different from the book sadly.

Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2016

The Divergent Sieries:Alliegant

This movie is awesome and action-filled. There are some deaths by guns and a big fighting scene at the end. These series are interesting and a bit violent. It's okay for kids 12 and up!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMissjubjub April 10, 2016

SHE DIDN'T DIE?!?!!!

This is the worst movie I have ever seen! Not only did she not die but it was like a complete different story all together. The romance Tobias and Tris was meaningless and awkward. They just started randomly kissing over dead bodies between heated fights. Also there was no plot or character development, only pointless fight scenes with undeveloped reasons for fighting. If you are thinking about going to see this movie don't. It is a waste of 2 hours of your life. The only good part was Peter and the shower scene with Tobias.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge critical reviews March 20, 2016
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2017

I hated it honestly

I couldn't sit through the first 20 minutes. I loved the book. It was awesome. But, the movie was terrible. IT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycelia1352 April 1, 2016

Great

This is a good movie for kids 13 and up. It has blood in some scenes and kissing but otherwise great for your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byn8cwhite January 5, 2017

Dumpster Fire of a Movie

So you liked the book and want to go see the movie, or to go purchase the movie? Don't. Don't, Don't, Don't, DON'T. Save yourself $20. Typically, movies are somewhat based on the books. This isn't at all based on the book. Overdid some of the scenes, trying to make it modern. Sure, it's fine to edit it for the nudity, etc., BUT they changed up many key scenes (more greatly than usual), and didn't put in others! Definitely not going to see this next movie. Great messages, great role models, violence and swearing

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlackSheep15 March 31, 2016

Could Have Been Better...

I enjoyed "Allegiant," however if you have read the book, I doubt you will feel the same. I only read the first quarter of the "Allegiant" book, so the film's deviation from the book did not bother me. Based off of multiple other reviews, though, the movie failed to follow the book by any means. So, that's a downside. From the point of view of someone that did not read the book, the film was pretty good. Whenever movie franchises decide to divide a book into two parts, the first half is always mediocre and quite uneventful (compared to the second half, at least.) "Allegiant" was certainly much better than "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1," if you saw that film. In this movie, the characters ventured out past the wall keeping Chicago separate from the rest of the world. They encountered some new people and made a few new discoveries. The swearing was infrequent, with a few instances of the s-word and h-word. Violence was common, however, which was also the case in the first two films, "Divergent" and "Insurgent." There were a few instances of kissing, but nothing more than that. And even those instances lasted no more than four or five seconds. The film is fair to good, but nothing outstanding. I do recommend watching it though, so that you have a proper backstory for the last film, "Ascendant."

Teen, 13 years old Written bymadiMwhite June 15, 2018

Amazing but VERY Different from the Book

I personally liked this. The only problem I had was that EVERYTHING had basically changed except for characters and the city. Almost nothing was similar to the book but it was still a FANTASTIC movie. Lots of violence and blood along with some disturbing water/rain that looked like blood is featured in the movie. *Spoiler Ahead for both Book & Movie* The major thing I LOVED about this movie was that in the book Tris dies and (thankfully) that wasn't the case here.