All teen and kid member reviews for The Exorcist

Teen, 14 years old Written byfuture_spielberg July 18, 2009

classic. just amazing.

Ok you know what? If you are mature, have your mind on right, aren't too bugged by hell or the devil you can see this movie. This movie is not for the woozy or light of heart. Oh, trust me, I watched this with two friends (we have a lot of horror movie parties, this was the first time for all of us watching The Exorcist) and we were scared out of our wits watching it. Violence is so-so, I had to look away when she was in the hospital. Yes, some might call it "disturbing" I was disturbed when she was swinging on her bed for the first time screaming "mother!! mother!". But you know what? I went to sleep like a baby after that movie. It was the last movie we watched and I went to sleep without one nightmare. She pukes, spits, there is some blood, she hits and kicks and punches people. Language is grotesque, but, I mean, she was posessed. Yes, they use the F word, like no 13 year olds have heard that in their lives! And now we get to the infamous masturbating-with-a-crucifix scene. Ok...seriously...regular people who aren't posessed masturbate. If you are really religious I guess it would make you think it was a horrible movie. I respect that. But if you are mature you will really just appreciate this fine work of genius. The Exorcist is amazing, I still can't believe it was made in the '70s...
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2010

e.g. Perfect for adults, but not anyone else

Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 20, 2011

The scariest movie of all time will scar you for life, and leave you haunted by the effects.

The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. The painstaking process of watching a young girl becoming slowly possessed is like watching a disease coming over a loved one. It is terrifying. The vulgar language and impressive effects was supposed to shock viewers back in 1973, and it is still shocking today. Such as the effects of projectile vomit, transforming into terrifying faces, the soundtrack, and extremely explicit and vulgar language. My grandparents still have their Exorcist barf bags. The combination of disturbing images, vulgar language, and terrifying effect of losing a loved one makes this the most terrifying movie of all time. My suggested MPAA rating, R: Extremely strong/graphic pervasive language, and strong disturbing images
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvtheexorcist33 November 22, 2011

Best movie eva!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

The Exorcist!

Really creepy.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

this sucks

theres only one thing i can say about this, the should make a south park episode on this
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrollingTurtle123 December 29, 2014

The funniest movie I've ever seen

When I was around 10-11 years old I was terrified of Linda Blair's scarred up face. But finally, I got up the guts to watch it. To start with, it has a very slow build up before anything demonic happens, then she pee's on the floor and the bed starts shaking and then the real stuff begins! Yes, the hospital scene is very disturbing! I would recommend turning away at that point. Shortly afterwards though, she starts having spasms on the bed, her eyes go blank, she shouts "f*** me* and the doctors seduces her. Then there's more talky talk and after around 1 hour 30 a voice bellows 'DO IT B***H" and she masturbates with the cross screaming "LET JESUS F*** YOU" and "LICK ME" at which I was hysterically laughing which continued with the "C***ing Daughter" part. Afterwards, her mum gets a priest who gets vomited on and then sprays holy water over Regan and she screams repeatedly (more laughing from me)! Then after nearly 2 hours of waiting, the exorcism begins with profanity, head spinning before ending with a bang through the window! Overall, after nearly losing my voice from laughing, it is definitely the funniest film I've ever seen with my favorite line , "Stick your c**k in her a$$ you m***********g worthless c********r" said by Regan to Merrin
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire February 14, 2013

OK for kids 15+

Teen, 17 years old Written byLlama12345 January 21, 2017

What age is this movie for?

I watched this movie with my parents when I was 13 they were surprised at how many curse words there were and banned R rated movies after that. Has some very scary scenes in it I suggest it's ok for 15+
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule May 22, 2014

No, no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no, NO!!!!!!!!

Everybody I know who has watched this movie, has had consecutive nightmares! I saw a picture of the antagonists face and I nearly had a nightmare! 15 maybe! Are you mad?! I've sat through Halloween, Creepshow, and Psycho and have not been scared. But for the love of GOD! Do not watch this movie unless you've got nerves of steel, or it will ruin your childhood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErc27 April 1, 2015

Review

This can be a scary movie for some kids, but I found it almost laughable. The effects were horrible but I understand for that time. My mom is so scared of that movie and I always quote it. You should watch with caution knowing how much your kid or you can handle. This was my first horror movie and I think it's a great one for all. It's a good classic. It had some inappropriate scenes as seen below.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 July 7, 2016

Disgusting

Yes, it's an EXTREMELY EXTREME horror movie that caused throwing up, fainting, psychiatric hospitalization, and miscarriages in poor people who saw it. Therefore, I just won't watch it. You couldn't pay me to watch it. I've heard it's not scary, but it's psychologically disturbing and obviously causes pain. Also, a girl with a cross up, well, there? That is just mind-blowingly disgusting, not to mention extremely rude.
Kid, 7 years old August 29, 2015

way to scary

me and my 4 year old sister thogt it was scary. are babysitter made us watch it. :( i think its funny when her hed spins around but the hospital is scary. o and this intradooced me to the f word and the b word but i have herd the others.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPugluv2388 June 23, 2015

It was alright

Honestly, I don't think it's really worth it. It wasn't scary or suspenseful, it was very predictable. There was also a lot of unneeded sexual references in the movie, it was just a bit disturbing to watch a 12 year old girl doing these things, it was definitely not needed in the movie. What could have made the movie better is if they had more character build-up. You didn't really get to know the characters very well. It was an okay movie but I wouldn't waste your time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKurtSeifert December 27, 2010

Good movie for responsible teens, bad profanity though. watch on tv censcored

Great Movie, The only bad thing is the profanity that the demon possessed girl uses. just maybe mute during the exorcism scene... but anyway, if your kid really wants to see it, your best off watching a censcored version on tv :). hope this review helped!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byquoolkidsliekemerquo February 6, 2017

YOOOOO KID DIS MOVIE ES EL BOMMMMM B . COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Yo my son, he be 2 and he be MC'LOVIN' this McRib if y'alls know what imsayin' Oh maaaa dis movie got my kid happy pappy!! There r liek 60 use of dat f-bomb but i's think it makes goid english werds for the lil boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii savageeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAVE A GOOD DAY DOODS :)))))))))))))))))))))))
Teen, 13 years old Written byJOEYthemovier January 1, 2017

Funny and scary

This movie has funny parts and scary parts. The contents may be a little mature for some audiences including her putting the cross in her v****a, and her saying more Voltaire language. It is outdated and some scenes make you laugh out loud
Teen, 17 years old Written byNOname123 November 27, 2016

Scariest movie in the world, NOT for kids.

#1 scariest movie ever has frequent strong horror, swearing and strong sex references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGold123321 November 20, 2016

Classic 5* horror of a possessed child.

This movie contains frequent strong horror and very strong language, nothing to really worry about violence but it's still a very intense movie. The little girls face is cut, she also vomits green blood and turns her head right around. The main thing that parents need to know is the language, most of it is spoken by the little girl. Mainly for that reason, I think this movie is suitable for ages 14 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHPhermionelove July 10, 2016

Good movie, but somewhat scary

Being a Christian, I thought this movie would scare me half to death. Although when I watched it, I wasn't terrified. I was a little scared at some parts of the movie, like when she turned her head around 360 degrees, but besides that, nothing else scared me. I think what helped me not get scared was to break up the movie into parts. I watched the first hour, waited a few days to take it in, and then I watched the second hour of the movie. It helped me not to have nightmares or trouble sleeping. If you're a Christian, as i am, make sure you have a strong faith in God before watching this movie. A strong faith is key to putting things in perspective. If you're not a Christian, just make sure you are mature enough to put things in perspective. Overall, the Excorsist is a good movie, but not for the faint at heart.