Kid reviews for The Exorcist

Trendsetting shocker about a possessed child.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLlama12345 January 21, 2017

What age is this movie for?

I watched this movie with my parents when I was 13 they were surprised at how many curse words there were and banned R rated movies after that. Has some very scary scenes in it I suggest it's ok for 15+

Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

The Exorcist!

Really creepy.

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2010

e.g. Perfect for adults, but not anyone else

Teen, 13 years old Written byErc27 April 1, 2015

Review

This can be a scary movie for some kids, but I found it almost laughable. The effects were horrible but I understand for that time. My mom is so scared of that movie and I always quote it. You should watch with caution knowing how much your kid or you can handle. This was my first horror movie and I think it's a great one for all. It's a good classic. It had some inappropriate scenes as seen below.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfuture_spielberg July 18, 2009

classic. just amazing.

Ok you know what? If you are mature, have your mind on right, aren't too bugged by hell or the devil you can see this movie. This movie is not for the woozy or light of heart. Oh, trust me, I watched this with two friends (we have a lot of horror movie parties, this was the first time for all of us watching The Exorcist) and we were scared out of our wits watching it. Violence is so-so, I had to look away when she was in the hospital. Yes, some might call it "disturbing" I was disturbed when she was swinging on her bed for the first time screaming "mother!! mother!". But you know what? I went to sleep like a baby after that movie. It was the last movie we watched and I went to sleep without one nightmare. She pukes, spits, there is some blood, she hits and kicks and punches people. Language is grotesque, but, I mean, she was posessed. Yes, they use the F word, like no 13 year olds have heard that in their lives! And now we get to the infamous masturbating-with-a-crucifix scene. Ok...seriously...regular people who aren't posessed masturbate. If you are really religious I guess it would make you think it was a horrible movie. I respect that. But if you are mature you will really just appreciate this fine work of genius. The Exorcist is amazing, I still can't believe it was made in the '70s...

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancer_333 August 27, 2020
I haven't watched it, but from what I can conclude from the other reviews it's a very good movie, not so much jump-out-of-your-seat scary, but more disturbing and scarring with a few graphic, profane, sexual or blasphemous scenes. I wouldn't show it to kids, unless they aren't scared easily. Basically, if your kids understand the concepts of sex and demonic possession, and they're not frightened easily, then go ahead and let them watch it (at your own risk).
Teen, 13 years old Written byDa Review Man July 18, 2020

Omen is better, but Exorcist is a classic, and is a fairly decent film

The Exorcist is a decent film, also a deeply dark and satanic movie with some pretty disturbing scenes, such as a possessed girl spider crawling down the stairs with blood foaming out of her mouth, a possessed girl stabbing herself in the vagina with a cross saying "Let Jesus f--k you" I think overall this movie is dark, violent and has a lot of language in it. I'd say a mature 12-14+

Teen, 13 years old Written byHorror_lovers2 July 10, 2020

Pretty good film

I watched this a few days ago with my friend. We always watch horror films: saw, conjuring, it etc. We didn’t find this film that scary after but it was quite scary in the moment seeing her face and the way the demon speaks is quite scary too. We slept perfectly fine after though no nightmares or hallucinations. The only inappropriate thing about this film was bad swear words and the crucifix scene. Would say 13 for people who watch a lot of horror and gore but 16 if this is your first horror.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2020

Most disturbing thing i've watched

I don't really get scared of much, i'm extremely desensitized, but this was the first film to properly scare me. It was an amazing movie and i loved it still, but i think you should be at least 14 if your not into horror to watch this. The worst scene is where the possessed girl stabs a crucifix into her v*gina while saying "let Jesus f*ck you!" which stayed with me for a while, although there wasn't much blood.

Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2020

Cool, but not super scary by today's standards

I watched this for the first time today. I love horror movies, and this one is a classic. I really liked the storytelling, and it was interesting, but by today's standards it was almost cheesy.
There's quite a bit of harsh language, but other than that, there's no major nudity or anything like that. The blood in this movie kind of looks fake and I think kids who love horror movies and are mature should see it.
I read the novel beforehand. If you're really nervous that your kid will get scared, have them read the book. The book prepared me for the more creepy scenes.
Enjoy the movie.

Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2020

BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS

if you thinking about watching this with your teens just be extra careful. some people in the 70s had heart attacks after seeing this some people developed PTSD(post-traumatic-stress-disorder) and some even had catatonic delirium so just be careful.

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach May 3, 2020

Watched it at 12 am

Pretty good horror movie if you wanna watch a scary movie in quarantine. Movie is scary not going to lie. But if you have seen the conjuring, then you can handle this. Not for kids under 12

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoooodoooooo November 13, 2019

15+

Scary and weird and very creepy

Teen, 13 years old Written byizzylomo October 12, 2019

The Exorcist

Okay so I just watched this movie not that long ago and its not bad but it does have a couple inappropriate parts but overall its the scare you out of your pants kind of horror movie! I really recommend it but I would reccomend it for teens most likely or mature tweens under the age of 13

Teen, 14 years old Written bykurt5677 October 9, 2019

Kid, 9 years old September 21, 2019

Not scary alert

not scary most people make out this movie to be one of the scariest movies of history NO it is not. The only reason why people would think this movie is bad is because all of the swearing

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilms123 August 22, 2019

Life-scarring

NO! JUST NO! I normally disagree with Common Sense Media when it comes to age ratings, but I agree with this one. The Exorcist absolutely horrified me with fright after fright. An incredibly well-crafted horror film, The Exorcist scares audiences back in the day, and it continues to do so in the present. Linda Blair plays Reagan, a young girl who gets possessed by a demon and a priest exorcises her. Lots and lots of swearing, The Exorcist is only suitable for ages 16+ in my opinion.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykidgorgeous August 18, 2019

Good movie for late teens

Ideally, this movie shouldn't have any kids reviews but I'm here to tell you that this is a movie which can be truly disturbing to new horror fans. Not only is there violence, abuse, cursing, there is also grisly imagery such as vomiting, urinating on the carpet, the contortion of limbs, etc.

Teen, 14 years old Written byathanmp14 July 11, 2019

I didn't like it at all.

So, "The Exorcist" is one of the most famous horror movies and it is also considered to be the scariest. I have seen it once with a couple of friends. Personally, it was a waste of time. I didn't find it scary, but frankly it was a bit creepy. I wouldn't recommend it to young people though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEliffgg June 30, 2019

One of the best movies ever