Kid reviews for The Florida Project

The Florida Project Poster Image

It has some serious topics.

I really enjoyed this

It’s definitely made for a older audience but I think it’s okay for a 13-14 year old. It does mention sex and the characters are seen smoking weed. It’s also kind of sad to know some family’s are like this so there’s definitely a story behind it. Overall I really enjoyed it, it’s kind of a slow movie but it’s worth it.

it helps give examples...

i wouldnt really rate it as an r rated movie i like the movie alot and i would let my 13/14 year old watch it

slow but good

great movie but pretty slow and uneventful. the characters are interesting and the movie is interesting and entertaining to watch, but takes its time getting to the point. it contributes to the realism of the movie, though, so its easily excusable.

The Florida Project

Review of the film: Really great film, I'm not too much into films without a story really going on, but I really got rapped up on the characters struggles. Like all the kids ans Willaim Dafoe's character Bobby were really enjoyable, but fuck the mum and the pedo. My only big problem is the ending kinda sucked... Like if it cut 30 seconds earlier I would have liked it more.

Life Changing

This is an extremely realistic (though I can’t say from experience) portrayal of Florida motel life. The characters are heavily flawed but the message of family is so strong. The colors are bright but the story is dark. I urge you to watch it.

worth watching

i think this movie is good for mature 10 year olds and up. great message and it really gets you thinking about your privilege and how your life isn’t hard compared to others

Beautiful movie, difficult topics, and requires discussion, thought, and understanding

I'm really disappointed to see negative reviews because of it's slice-of-life style or mature themes. I watched this movie when I was 11 or 12 and fell in love with it. Yes, it has strong topics and language, but I think that most kids can handle that. The reason I gave a 17+ rating is because I think the core idea of the movie is potentially difficult to understand, and younger kids may find it boring. The movie itself isn't about poverty or sex work or childhood, it's about the perspective of a child when viewing a harsh world. If you think your child can understand this, then it's a great choice.

it’s real.

this movie gives a REAL look at low-class families. it highlights the hardships that they endure and the drastic measures they’re willing to take in order to provide for their families. one young mother resorts to prostitution. i think that common sense media tends to either over or under exaggerate about movies. with this one, it’s the former. that language really isn’t that bad. they do leave out that an elderly man watches children while they’re playing, and it’s implied that he is planning to prey on them. this might be triggering. overall, if you child/you are not a complete stranger to the happenings of the real world, i highly recommend this movie.

Kind of overrated