All teen and kid member reviews for The Fox and the Hound

Good

Even if this might seem a dumb kids movie, I, 11 years old have enjoyed it. It can get emotional, but it is a good movie about making choices, with a kid appropriate amount of animal violence to spice it up. 5 of 5, any age.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Bravo!!

This is my favorite movie of all time. I have been deeply moved by this movie from the time I first saw it as a 6 year-old. This movie teaches of the power of friendship, and how good friends will protect each other and always stick together. I cry every time I see the scene where the old widow abandones Tod...that poem, her expression... oh it just makes me so sad! And the way that Copper stands in front of Tod at the end to keep him from getting shot is just so sweet... I am deeply touched by this beautiful film, and I would recommend this movie to anybody. SHAME on people who give this movie a bad review. This and the Lion King are the best Disney movies ever made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

one of the best 80s Disney movies.

I first watched this in kindergarten and loved it then I watched it in the 7th grade recently and loved it again. 3 year olds may feel sad about tods mom dieing though and they may get a little scared at the end when Tod and copper fight as well as the scenes with the giant bear. Also another warning parents is when Tod meets the lady fox the owl big mama sings a song to make them fall in love with each other. But that's not the bad part yet they start to have sex and vixey rubs up against him and Tod does the same. It is done in a cute and romantic way though and it will fly over little kid's heads. Also after that scene they see a mother with her baby ducks and vixey sees that she has 7 and she says I think six would be just fine. But other than those scenes this is a heartwarming film for 3+
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2013

A magical disney masterpiece of a movie !!!!!!!

This Is a 5 star classic !!!!!! Who could not like this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byLovepink123 June 8, 2013

Great movie five stars

His mama gets killed and he is left abanded Great movie but some kids might be sensitive to it
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2013

FANTASTIC MOVIE BUT Quite emotional

Very good movie but cried when the fox was separated by the owner Overall i think you should watch it Some young kids should be aware that their is some violance with the bear And the gun so it really dapends on the child
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Brian January 23, 2013

Not for kids under 6 or 7, but just right for kids older than that!

Although I don't exactly like (nor hate) this movie, I think this film has trouble deciding whether it's for younger or older children because it deals with some stronger themes (romance, friendship and difference) than you'd normally find in a G-rated film, but there's also the fact that it's a Disney movie. However, I agree with those who think this film teaches children friendship and that being different is not terrible. Unfortunately, the film has a lot of frightening images and violence, like Tod and Copper fighting before they are attacked by the giant bear, which are uncharacteristically dark for a G-rated movie. If you have kids, wait until they're about 6 or 7 years old before they can see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 24, 2011

a heartwarming wonderful excellent family movie ever for all ages!!

Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2010

Better Plot Then The Sequel.. But A Bit Scary

This movie is very beautiful and it has a wonderful, well thought plot. It's great how they thought of the two best friends being a fox and a hound.. because, naturally hounds kill foxes. This teaches children to work out differences and become friends. (Like the Cats and Dogs sequel.) This movie is an amazing classic... and I recommend you see it. Just fast forward through the fire scene and the bear scene if your 4 year old or below seems frightened.
Kid, 7 years old July 17, 2010

scary for people under seven

It was not what I thought it would be. The mother of Tod was killed at the beginning and I felt sad because she gave her life for Tod. It was part funny because the woodpecker and his friend were just trying to get only one caterpiller for the whole movie. But for the most part it was violent and scary and sad. And not my favorite disney movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2010

Beautiful but Cautionary

This movie is educational for friendship more powerful than murder, sad as a drama, violent as an action movie, scary as a horror movie and kid-friendly. Forget about everything, this is the greatest movie you'll will watch in your whole life. Contains scary images and violent fight scenes
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 5, 2010

probally not like Bambi, but still a very good movie

I like this movie. It has friendship. It may not be a classic, but it's a classic to me. It has good messages. I like it. i recommeded it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 May 14, 2010

Probably the most bitter-sweet and melancholy of the whole canon.

I love this movie, it's one of the ten best that the company has produced. It's sweet charming and proves that no matter what walk of life you come from; you can be friends. Sort of like a Lady and the Tramp of friendship. I love it, it has good messages of said friendship, standing up for what is right; but I say maybe for 4+: It opens up with a vixen dropping off her kitten (Tod) at a farm while being chased by hunters to save his life, the 'big brother' figure for Copper (the Hound) is hit by a train, Amos Slade and Copper go after Tod in a nature preserve to KILL him. Under the name of the mouse? Still, it's harmful to tots throughout the third act but uplifting and bitter-sweet at the end to anyone above the age of 5.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

Cute

I love this movie! Vixiy was cute!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008