All teen and kid member reviews for The Godfather

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 8, 2009
It's a mafia movie that is fairly violent. There is also a topless scene. Very little profanity. There are also mature themes but anyone over 12 should handle it fine
Teen, 15 years old Written byshots April 9, 2008

good stuff

10+ up should watch
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2014

Mandatory High Level of Maturity, Great Beginning

For all of those people saying they did not enjoy this movie, that is because they have not reached the level of maturity mandatory for viewing this film. It was boring to the people that could not understand what was happening. I thought the introduction was riveting! The beginning explained to you what was going on, but in an intriguing way. The script was all very well written. I watched about half an hour of the movie because my mother decided she didn't want to view the sex scene between Sonny and one of the bridesmaids with my young brothers in the room. During the wedding, there were people smoking, but it was common back then. From what I have heard, there is nudity involving a women's breast which is an extreme caution. There is obviously a lot of violence. The movie revolves around the Godfather, who seeks revenge. In one scene, an owner of a horse awoke to finding the head of his horse in bed with him, which can be creepy. Some people may say that the beginning is slow, and from what I saw, the character development is poor. Basically, that is all I have to say about the movie, except one thing: it made me proud to be Italian.
Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2010

Watch it! You'll get more sleep!

-yawn- very boring! i dont know what everybody finds in this movie that is so great! i regret watchin and im skippin the 2nd and 3rd one! I swear i almost fell asleep.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycartmanwoodhouse April 9, 2008

This is classic and a must-see for everybody!

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
One of the great classics. The film is violent, but it's not gratuitously so, and it has a message - absolute power corrupts, absolutely. For mature teens and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest June 11, 2011

PG-13

my rating -pg 13 for violence,nudity,and language ok people, if this movie is rated r why is beowulf pg 13 the violence was ok the nudity was brief but the language was all over the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 16, 2010

A very good classic, but very graphic. not for kids

This is a very good classic movie. It's very graphic. Not for kids. It has very graphic violence, bad language, smoking, and a brief nude and sex scene. I would like to see this movie edited for tv. I rated this a Austin Review Collector Series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychriskringle3 September 11, 2010
the best mafia movie ever! with the famous horse head scene. emotional, filled with graphic violence and some suggestive material and one scene with partial nudity from the front.cdont let kids watch!
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

don't watch this

This movie is explicitly violent. I covered my eyes on most of the violent scenes but from what i did see, for a peaceful, anti-violent person like me, you do not want to see this movie. There is also one sex scene and nudity of a woman's breasts as well as sexual talk. There is a lot of bad language. And the movie was boring. It dragged on until there was a killing and then it kept dragging on. Don't watch this.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2011

THE GODFATHER

THE GODFATHER is one of the greatest films of all time, not doubt. But the content is not for kids. It contains a sex scene, strong language, very strong violence and some drug reference. Kids might wanna watch it, but they have to understand the film though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigGreenMovieMachine July 16, 2011

Marlon Brando at his best.

Good film, there a few scenes of violence and brief nudity. The plot of the film will fly over the heads of most kids younger than 10. But overall it is a very good film and most 11-year and older kids will be able to handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysayeed1995 February 16, 2011

perfect for older teens who are above 15

i love the movie.its a must watch for kids turning sixteen.
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2010

Great Movie

Great
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 13, 2010
its a great classic. My rating: Rated R for numerous scenes of bloody violence, nudity, sensual content, and language
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

Well suited for MATURE children over twelve.

It is violent, but nothing kids can;t cope with, Language or anything else isn't a problem. It's more the theme that younger children may not be able to grasp.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBub Bidderskins September 19, 2009

Excellent Movie; Not for the Kiddies

Ah, The Godfather. Probably one of my favorite movies all time. Of course I'm not a parent. A parent would probably find the violence alone to be too much for their child, and I admit, it is pretty brutal. Not just the actual gore, but the sheer violence and abruptness of it is what merits the "R" rating. While I did list language as a concern, obcene words are sporatic throughout the movie, and any teen should be able to deal with. There is also a single, brief topless scene in which sex is implied, but never shown. All in all, a classic film, but not for kids. Teens should be able to handle it, though.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylostspaz18 April 9, 2008

A Classic for those Mature enough to appreciate it.

It is the best movie ever made. But its loaded with violence and language, and some sex/nudity pops in a little. But by today's standards none of this is over the top. Depends on your child's maturity level. 14+
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008