Kid reviews for The Grey

Bloody wilderness survival story has lots of violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 July 19, 2013

The Grey is a thought provoking movie with one of the best endings I’ve ever seen(4.5 out of 5 stars-EDITED version)

The positives are the superb acting (particularly Lima Neesons emotional performance as John Ottway), the music is excellent (it fits the movie perfectly and keeps the tone of the movie as well), the ending is very ambiguous (and like I said, one of the best endings ever because of this), the character development is very good (the characters are fleshed out and we actually care about them) , the cinematography is well done (truly shows off Alaska’s beauty as well as gives the land a sort of antagonist feel to it), the messages are truly great (fighting for one’s life, religion, philosophy, questioning death, etc)and finally the symbolism is amazing (how basically the poem that John liked represents in a way his faith in God) . The only negative is that the pace is a little slow. Still I would highly recommend this edited film(goodmedia).”

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 3, 2013

Simultaneously fierce and somber

The movie never clubs you over the head with wolves...like in "Jaws" you feel the monster around you all the time, even when they're not on the screen. It's a rip-roaring thriller with Neeson as its rock-solid anchor, and its best scenes are not when the action pounds, but when the men sit around and talk life. Highly recommended.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTiffy6666 July 23, 2012

Useless, don't bother.

Well, as much as I love Liam Neeson and hate to say this, there was no point to watching this movie. The whole movie is building up to this major climax and then it just ends!! I mean seriously?? That is a whole hour and a half of my life I will never get back. Completely useless, don't bother. And if you do bother watch it because there are wolves eating stupid people who provoked them. That is all.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 8, 2012

Would have been great if it wasnt for the language.

The Grey is a thriller for older teens only. There is graphic violence, pervaisive language, mature material and disturbing scenes. The violence is definataly at the maximum. Scary wolves divouor bodies in gruesome ways, the men shoot the wolves, there is a disturbing yet well directed plane crash shot from inside the plane(you see bodies fly to the ceiling and scream, then the POV of Neeson falling out of the crashing plane still buckled in his seat, falling from hundreds of feet in the air), this is then followed by a shocking dream sequence. Then by the plane crash debris and gory bodies dead and alive. There is a charactor that gets stuck under water and drowns, the man character almost commits suicide, men get into a fight at a bar and after the survivers kill a wolf, a man cuts off its head and throws it into the woods. The overall worst thing about the movie was the strong language. F**k is used more than 40 times and s**t is used at least 30 times, other words include d**n, h**l, a*s, d**k and so much more. There is one terrible scene where the main character is screaming and coarsing at God. The lord created you, loves you and wants you to do whats right. Overall the movie was good but it would have been great if there wasnt so much language. 3/5 stars

Teen, 14 years old Written bymeleeman243 April 29, 2014

Ehh...

What the heck Liam Neeson!?!? What happened to the good 'ol stories like taken? I was disapointed because (SPOILER ALERT) everyone dies it doesnt show Neeson die but everyone else is dead and hes about to fight the alpha wolf and a bunch of others with a small knife and a piece a glass or something after falling into a freezing river with his friend and the friend got trapped under the water so what happened? WAY TOO MUCH "F" BOMB AND OTHER wouldve been SOOOO much better without the cussing a little bit gory as well i recommend finding another survival movie such as The Way Back- very good survival movie pg-13 not that much violence not that much cussing plus has a happy ending...

Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2012

The Grey

4 characters are mauled by wolves, one character falls to his death, one character falls in a river, gets his foot stuck in a rock in deep water and drowns and another character wrestles an alpha wolf but nothing is shown. Language involves constant uses of "f--k" and "s--t".

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 8, 2012

Amazing!

Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 6, 2015

Best movie ever

Best movie ever yes it has lots of language but the language is always in big violent parts and is amazing, and Liam Neeson is amazing in this movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byRenegade January 19, 2013

It's alright.

The movie wasn't the greatest, but it was alright. Lots,and lots of foul language. A whole lot of graphic violence. The ending isn't all that great, it's one of those cliff-hanger movies. But above everything else, it's not /so/ bad, I guess. 3 Stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAkarsh August 22, 2012

Great movie

I liked this movie. It really isn't even that bad, aside the language which is constant, but there are some bloody images and violence.

Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2015

too much language and more

atleast 100 uses of f*** 100 uses of s*** 100 uses of everything. a brief sexual bed theme and some sexual reffrencing alot of being drunk and just the too much amount of language. still good for ages 15 up. alot of bloody maulings and violence and some gore and a sad scene with a man that dies form frost bite but it is pretty good i rate it R: strong disturbing bloody gory violence pervasive course language throghout brief nudity and sexuality and brief smoking includind strong alcohol use

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2015

Not What I Thought

I Thought it was going to be a great movie but it wasn't it was very disappointing, there is also a lot of unnecessary profanity. Also there is a good bit of violence. Not for kids.

Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2012

Pretty good film (SPOILER ALERT)

Exactly 161 uses of the f bomb, some uses of s---, people get killed in a plane crash, 4 men die different deaths, and the 5th man's death is uncertain. A great film, one of the 7-8 R movies I've seen. Typically, age 12-14 is a good age to introduce your kid to this film. Just be careful when deciding and check out IMDb for more details.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff121 December 16, 2012

Good for 15 and up

Liam Nesson is awesome and cool. The grey is a survival move which includes violence and non-stop language including the f word.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLydJM July 22, 2012

Best movie in a long time

Out of all the movies I've seen so far this year, I have to say this was one of the best. Out of all my family I think I liked this movie the most. My sister, who is twelve, also thought it was awesome. On the other hand my mom had to look away during some parts due to it being a little bit too gross and bloody. I think there's definitely someone to look up to in this movie, especially Pete. A few times I felt like the guys were a little too, I don't know, sentimental? Things they should've done to survive they didn't. There's a lot of swearing, also. But in the end, I loved it, and I felt bad for all those guys. It was sad and I thought it had really good acting. But maybe not for someone who has nightmares, or doesn't like horror movies. Because in the end, it was a horror movie that for once made me feel bad for the people in it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeatch22 December 15, 2013

Don't Bother

This movie really disappointed my family and me. After the first fifteen minutes, the annoyingly strong language and poor acting put me to sleep! Definitely think about kids watching this movie that are 13 and below, and please, try to watch a movie with a better message and fewer language issues.

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2012

wolf of death

the most violent survivel movie i've ever seen. not much sex. lots of languge. good story for 15 nd up

Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2012

Pretty good movie

I thought that is was really good movie it was very violent and profane but Laim Nesson was a great actor in this movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 October 24, 2012

Nail biting wolf movie is more than just Action and Adventure

Liam Neeson fighting off wolves in the wilderness - sounds pretty fun, right? Well, The Grey is really fun - that is when the wolves appear. When the wolves are out of sight or when a plane isn't crashing, the movie moves very slowly. Many would think based off the trailer that this is only a survival movie in the cold depths of Alaska - with wolves involved, but The Grey is much more than that - it's a moving drama involving strong topics such as death and knowing when you've fought as hard as you could and you just have to accept defeat. Obviously, with wolves, the movie has lots of blood and gore surrounding its violence. There is also a frightening plane crash, a couple startling flashbacks, and several jump scenes involving wolves coming out of nowhere. The movie also has its fair share of swearing - including many f-bombs, the s-word, the b-word, and so on. Kids and teens may want to see the movie just because of its main star, but let them know that this dark action/adventure movie is much more than it sounds - but there are positive messages that they can get from watching the movie as well. I'd say know your child/teenager and decide if you think they can handle it.